Overall Satisfaction with Automation Anywhere
Automation Anywhere is being deployed company wide to reduce manual swivel chair processes and improving workers day to day experience. All departments have been engaged to identify areas of opportunity and need to provide the greatest return of value. We don't measure value just by dollars and savings, but also include how it impacts the employee experience and the additional higher level thinking opportunities it provides.
- The interface is very easy to use and maneuver without requiring a programming background.
- The built in security and error checking features are highly effective and allow to build resilient bots.
- Bots are able to be created extremely quickly from a proof of concept perspective to understand the value and complexity necessary.
- The free online training is more of a product overview than a practical hands on training.
- Because the tool has been developed over time there are some small differing nuances between the 600+ different functionalities.
- The tool could offer a bit more configurability to address frequent situations and personal preference/efficiency.
- Our overall business has saved numerous hours of work where individuals were freed up to perform higher level thinking tasks.
- Following a necessary reduction in workforce that was not driven by RPA, we were able to automate processes that kept the remaining workload from overwhelming the remaining workforce.
- The use of robotics process automation has inspired many workers to come up with different approaches to problems including both automation and analytics.
Automation Anywhere is excellent at performing rules based data movement and interactions. Especially when working with legacy or third party systems that the business is unable to get to the underlying data architecture. It is also great at creating a temporary process that can add immediate value while a more stable IT solution is being developed. Scenarios where it is less appropriate include processes where multiple human decisions are made that are not rules based. However, it is possible to use Automation Anywhere to automate parts of a process with human touch-point/decision-making steps intertwined within the process.