All-in-one for backups and more.https://www.trustradius.com/data-center-backupBarracuda BackupUnspecified8.9481012018-05-08T21:59:52.115Z
Updated April 10, 2019
All-in-one for backups and more.
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Barracuda Backup
It is used internally as well as externally. It allowed us to backup servers and virtual machines through easy installation on the location being backed up and a cloud management console. It allows us to monitor the allocated size of the physical device as well pick and choose what we want to get backed up. We can then move any revisions onto the cloud. It is user friendly and helps us make sure our clients backups are taken care of.
- Backups are readily available.
- Error reports detail what is wrong. Barracuda customer support is very helpful and they're open 24/7.
- We can manage all our clients under the Barracuda cloud control. Which is easier then switching websites.
- We are given a detailed list of Office 365 items that are not being backed up. This allows us to make changed to each user and disregard what we don't what to get backed up.
- Offsite vaulting has allowed us to put revisions to the cloud and their retention policies are easy to understand.
- Sometimes I do have to call support and ask a question or have help with an installation. This is not that often. Its because I cannot tell what the error is.
- We had to lower a retention policy because the device we ordered was filling up way too fast. We were told that this device was good enough for the allocated size of the VM.
- Adjusting admin settings on cloud control took way more time to figure out. At times it would give us an error or the change in admin status would not accept on the web browser.
- Great pricing
- We can roll this out with their ESS and Archiver products.
- Easy to manage and it saves time when managing everyone's backups.
When looking at error reports. It is easy to open up the report and pin point which server is having issues. Backing up SharePoint was a bit difficult. When an error occurs, the workaround is calling Barracuda and asking for assistance. It sounded confusing at first, but their support allowed me the ability to learn and now I am creating backups without any assistance.