Overall Satisfaction with Barracuda NG Firewall
Barracuda NG Firewalls are in place for my company as well as every client that requires the purchase of a firewall. There are several tiers of firewalls and they come packed with security features and services.
- Barracuda NG Firewalls are extremely customizable for any environment and support all configurations with their firewall rules.
- Security features such as hardware-level AntiVirus and Advanced Threat Protection, as well as SSL Inspection as all traffic passes through the appliance.
- Control Center is far superior to other products for globally managing numerous firewalls and creating and deploying templates on-the-fly.
- VPN connections have never been easier. Once configured within Control Center, drag and drop is all that is needed to connect two Internet-connected firewalls.
- Very complex and steep learning curve to get up to speed.
- Multiple ways to configure for the same service or feature. Takes time to determine "your" customized build.
- Interface can sometimes be clunky when trying to determine how it's organized or arranged. Again, steep learning curve.
- Positive: highly customizable and can control the entire network from one location.
- Positive: all services and processes work very well and are reliable.
- Positive: MSPs looking to deploy and control numerous firewalls with ease, this is hands down the best product.
- Negative: very high learning curve, definitely not a one-and-done firewall. Requires a lot of dedicated time to get the machine running the way you want.
Barracuda, much like the others, has a lot to learn in order to master for quick deployment and management. The biggest separation is the level of customization that is possible. Barracuda support definitely goes above and beyond over the competitors.
There are multiple tiers of models for the Barracuda NG Firewalls, but there is a firewall for any size company. Once the steep learning curve of the configuration is surpassed, they are one of the most powerful business firewalls available. Highly, highly recommend and the support from Barracuda is incredible.