Reviews (1-9 of 9)
December 09, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Sonicwall is a next-generation layer 7 focused application firewall. Our TZ 250 is a great firewall used at a branch office to do network access porting, web content filtering, application viewing, and anti-virus and anti-spam. It filters all content that users of our internal network access. And it does it all very well.
Read Rafael Silva's full review
Sonicwall's Tz 250 is perfect for branch scenarios with up to 150 employees. The appliance is small, portable, lightweight and very efficient. It meets the needs very well. We have been licensing Sonicwall as needed. In addition to the licenses I said earlier, we use a lot of global VPN and site-to-site VPN as well.
September 24, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
In the word of security, there are many manufacturers to consider when selecting such a critical component such as a firewall. The choice for us was obvious once we looked into SonicWall's offerings. Not only does it address real-world concerns in a user-friendly interface, but the feature set and price compared to competition sets it way apart.
Read John Lewis's full review
SonicWall has offerings that support not only the SMB market but the enterprise market as well. We deploy offerings across small businesses with 1-10 users, and at our larger multi-site officers with several thousand employees; no matter what, SonicWall has stood the test of time for us
I have made the decision to deploy Dell SonicWall TZ 400 firewall as our primary outside firewall. We are using it as the main Internet security solution, content web filtering engine, and a VPN gateway. The device is responsible for managing all WAN and LAN traffic. Sonicwall TZ 400 gives us opportunities to use LT2P and SSL VPN connections for our employees and IPSec VPN connections to our AWS infrastructure and remote IT services.
- Great security services package under Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite (GW AV, anti-spyware, intrusion prevention, app control, etc.).
- Flexible customization of access rules, NAT policies, objects, etc.
- Geo-location filtering cut a lot of bad and just suspicious traffic.
- Ease of management and administration.
- Good hardware and firmware performance (after an upgrade to the most recent version).
- Low or competitive cost compared to other vendors.
- Had issues with performance (CPU) until we upgraded the firmware to the most recent.
- Would like to have more flexibility on logs sending and alerting.
- Routing is a little bit over-complicated.
Read Valery Mezentsau's full review
SonicWall TZ (400) is a well-suited solution for small and mid-size companies. Very flexible and easy to configure and manage (at least for IT specialists). A lot of documentation on the Internet. A very good solution for quick VPN configuration for employees and VPN tunnels between branches or networks. For large companies, I would recommend having several devices to split roles or get a more suitable solution.
The Sonicwall TZ300 Series is a next-generation firewalls that works very well in my company. We bought it for a branch. This firewall integrates the traditional firewall, IPS, Application Control, Web Filtering, anti-virus, and VPN. I also really like the management of this equipment. It was easy to install and configure all the features mentioned.
Read this authenticated review
Sonicwall TZ series is ideal for branch offices or companies with few users and does not require as much processing. Good for performing content filtering web, control application and VPN.
December 13, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
I installed a SonicWall TZ as the main firewall for my client, a creative agency. This is their main internet security device within their environment and supports users using VPN, VoIP, and web servers. In addition, there are internal devices including a high capacity and speed file server for large image and video work. They currently have the TZ400 installed.
- Documentation is clear and to the point.
- The SonicWall keeps up with all the traffic in and out of the agency.
- Good licensing options and some free services.
- Without documentation, the interface and locations of features and settings can be confusing and not intuitive.
- Would have liked a rack mount option for lower priced devices.
- Would have liked to have some visualization options included without licensing fees.
Read Benjamin Hale's full review
Based on my experience, this is a solid platform for a small to mid sized company, especially when there is someone who has IT experience, or can get outsourced IT help. I would not recommend for someone who is a technology novice. Also, this is a competent device for someone who is looking to add VPN services for remote workers.
December 06, 2018
In my organization, the series of Firewalls Sonicwall is used throughout the organization; we have several WAN links that go directly to the Sonicwall devices. It is responsible for filtering the entry and exit traffic, managing the LAN of the corporation and creating the VPN tunnels against other venues. Also through NETEXTENDER we are able to provide support while outside the network. In terms of the problems that have been solved, there are many. Before, employees spent a lot of time in social networks and entertainment and lost focus on the work activities. Now with this team you have shorter response times to requests.
- Fault tolerance
- scalability and growth
- integration of services
- Manufacturer's support 24 Hours
- management is confusing has many items that could be improved to facilitate the work to the network administrator
- in the diagnostic tool I would improve the response times, that is, if a ping test is required, it should be quick, since in cases of failures it is sought to minimize the impact as much as possible.
- each function has a different license item, I would place a single license package for all team functions
Read Jhoneis Milano's full review
It is good for performing VPN tunnels and content filtering; on the other hand, I do not recommend it for establishing several subnets in a company.
December 27, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
I have numerous clients with SonicWall TZ firewalls. I have set them up from scratch and maintained them for years. They are an industry leader for business-grade firewall appliances with numerous security features to protect companies and their networks.
- Very good security features including hardware-level AntiVirus and Intrusion Prevention.
- Customizable firewall rules and NAT policies that will match any network's needs.
- GEO-Locational filtering helps close off unnecessary countries from seeing the company network.
- Have not had a significant change in code for several years. Features are somewhat stagnant.
- Global monitoring and management system is not as efficient as competitors.
- Firmware upgrades can sometimes go awry and brick boxes requiring on-site intervention.
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
SonicWall appliances have numerous models for the size and thought of a company and its needs. It is one of the industry leaders and often comes down to what an MSP prefers to use. Barracuda NG and WatchGuard are direct competitors.
September 15, 2017
Score 7 out of 10
The SonicWall TZ was being used as the main firewall for all the organization. It was used to solve our firewall needs and securing our network.
Read Ramon Vazquez's full review
I believe it is well suited for small to medium companies where they don't have that many users and need basic firewall functionality. That way some of the controls it is missing will not affect security as much and it will be able to handle everything else well.
September 15, 2016
Score 10 out of 10
I recently used SonicWALL TZ firewalls for small to medium businesses for UTM (Unified Threat Management) protection and easy to create site to site VPN tunnels. The SonicOS is a very easy to use firewall platform that makes setting up and using the product very efficient and quick. One of the best features of the SonicWALL TZ firewalls is the built in debugging such as running packet captures from the GUI and opening them right up to Wireshark.
- Easy to use.
- Fast setup wizards.
- Low cost compared to other models/vendors in same range.
- Some of the security features may be lacking such as content filter.
- Way too many licenses needed for features.
Read Alan Matson, CCNA:S, MCP's full review
SonicWall TZ is well suited for the small to medium business market and branch offices where quick setup and easy management are needed. It would not be so well suited for a large office or an office that wanted robust security features.
SonicWall TZ Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SonicWall TZ
SonicWall TZ Technical Details