Buzz on the Biz
April 29, 2019
Buzz on the Biz
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with BizLibrary
We ask all our employees to participate in weekly BizLibrary training. During this time BizLibrary is being used to educate our employees on office and field safety, business etiquette, and proper work ethics. At the Training Department, we track who has participated, how well the material is understood, ways application is enforced at job sites, and monitor the work ethic improvement. These pieces of training could be key to helping reduce our safety hazards, and this is a great expectation.
- BizLibrary Training videos are short with a long-lasting impact.
- BizLibrary has interaction videos that give one the option to choose multiple scenarios in order to observe "how it could play out." These make viewers think and respond.
- There are videos on subjects that may be less considered by viewers. These clips help reintegrate life-lessons with teachings of good skills to develop life long habits.
- Sometimes you can tell that the presenter in the video is reading cue cards, and it truly gets distracting with the "heavy emphasis" on key points.
- Developing time management to be consistent with the demand from my department and tasked to keep up with weekly BizLibrary gets a bit frustrating.
- The red-orange color used for inappropriate measures or the "dont's" of certain tasks hurts my eyes.
- Safety first. With the videos' emphasis on safety, I am noticing co-workers and myself being more aware of our surroundings.
The sexual harassment presentation was well suited for office employees and for those working within the office, though this would also be well-suited for those working out in the field (construction crews, linemen, meter readers, etc.) as well. Most of the scenarios were well presented and I didn't feel that they were at all inappropriate. They could maybe emphasize more cultural awareness toward Native Americans.