Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud CRM
Blackbaud CRM was used to help manage funding and outreach efforts with a client that was a medium-sized non-profit organization. It provided a wealth of features and was sometimes a bit overly complex. Organizations that are looking to grow both financially and with its membership base will find a great deal to like about the product.
- Blackbaud CRM works really well with large member bases and outreach efforts.
- The program offers great CRM fundraising features for in-depth marketing campaigns.
- Blackbaud CRM can also be utilized and integrated alongside other Blackbaud products. This can make the product highly desirable for pre-existing Blackbaud product customers.
- The product is fairly complex and powerful. The implementation process can be difficult if not adequately prepared for in advance.
- The product really requires a dedicated staff to support it as an ongoing effort. It's not something can be left alone after installing.
- Training costs can be higher than other, less powerful CRM packages.
- Blackbaud CRM can really be a great tool to help organizations grow and reach out. It helped to grow our membership significantly through several marketing type campaigns.
- The product can be customized making it adaptable to many different types of organizations.
- The streamlined set of features covers such a wide set of functions including payment process, marketing, fundraising, and membership management and really helps provide an almost one-stop membership solution.
Blackbaud CRM is a great product, especially when fully optimized, implemented, and supported. Its many features often dwarf some of the smaller CRM offerings on the market. That said it is a complex product requiring a great deal of training in some situations and not all organizations may fully utilize its vast features.
It's great for large marketing and fundraising efforts. It can be quite powerful with a number of tools to support larger sized organizations. For smaller organizations, it might be an overkill of features. Organizations or companies with small supportive staffing may want to stay clear as well.