https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/1U/y0/EZD4RTALRAPO.JPEGEase of useBomgar is used to remote different users across oour two campuses. It makes it easy to contact a user, ask for their machine asset tag, and quickly and securely remote into their PC. Because we are able to have this be a solution we can deploy across campus, it works very well.,Security and user confirmation for accepting screen share Char and sharing files Latency is next to none,Refresh button gone in latest update Make it easier to remove the sidebar completely Integration with more of our tools,8,Ease of use with users Ease of training IT Staff Ease of deployment across two campuses,,Symantec Ghost Solution Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Jamf ProBomgar - The Game ChangerBomgar was brought in as a remote appliance but it has turned in to so much more. I call it the game changer for us. It interlaces well with our Kace K1 appliance and the interface is simple to use, even for the novice. As we progressed in our usage, we saw the value in allowing outside vendors the ability to use jump clients on servers they frequent. This also worked well for internal departments who needed the same great secure access to internal infrastructures like HVAC controllers. But what impressed me the most about Bomgar was our rollout of the chat feature to our users. Now we chat with our end users and sometimes, fix issues without having to even make a connection to their machine. And our students even get in on this, not just from the campus but from their homes. To help a student who can't register for class when they are out of ideas and fretting at the last minute, miles or even states away, well that is a game changer.,The ease of remote access Bomgar allows is second to none. You have many options when it comes to remote support from the Bomgar button on the end user side to manual entry of that machine's ID or IP address. If you want to use RDP, they do that too. Performance is always up for discussion when all situations and networks are different. But when we were seeing connection and graphics issues with 2 other remote solutions, Bomgar just worked and did it well. If features are your thing, Bomgar has that and then some. And they are always adding to the toolbag. They are more than remote access and I see their role increasing and the tools too.,Only issue I really have is the jump client goes to queu when our remote vendors shut down their machine. Works in our favor if we lose our connection but that never happens. And this is such a small issue but had to put something in here.,10,We went from zero student support off campus to a feature we now provide. We also had no chat support before Bomgar. Our typical day before Bomgar was 80/20 foot to the ground versus desk work. That has flipped if not raised closer to 90% of our time now spent in our office where we can field more calls and chats while still pushing software and reimaging remotely. We went from 5 techs supporting 1500 machines to 7 techs supporting over 3000 machines and now we also support the student population where before Bomgar, we did not.,Symantec Norton (SMB), Novell's Console One and Ultra VNC,KACE Endpoint Systems Management Appliance, Skype for Business, Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery-Professional,15,3,Outside support for those who are not on campus and need it Outside access for vendors Internal support for 3,000+ device and their users.,We never imagined we would be able to offer support to students. Bomgar has made that happen We have always had issues with outside vendors using anything and everything to connect to our network. Now they all use Bomgar through an Embassy account and everything is monitored,I want to see all departments have access to Bomgar so if a student is in need of financial support, we send them to the financial aid queue or if they are in need of counseling, then they go to the counselors.,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Third-party Reviews,If we could go back, we would have probably narrowed down the list a bit more. Before we even started testing it was apparent we were going to go with Bomgar. They simply had more to offer and were more supportive in assisting us in the evaluation process.,Implemented in-house,No,Our biggest issue was getting the word out and teaching the end users how to use it,10,Yes,10,No,We were updating our box last year and there was some issues with it taking the new update. Bomgar remoted in to our machine and made the needed changes to get the update complete.,Sharing files between machines doesn't get any simpler Moving machines around in the queues is easy enough and it's a great feature we use often The Bomgar button is amazing. We deploy that to other systems and if someone needs us, there is no need to call,Sometimes I find it difficult to navigate the more advanced options of Bomgar. I'm sure if I used them more often, they would be as foreign to me,9Bomgar - don't try supporting remote users without it.We have 150 local network accessible users running the jump client we can access without requiring user assistance. We have 70,000 customers and any other remote system that we can gain access to via the web portal. We use the presentation portion of the application frequently to share a desktop for multiple users to view. Bomgar Remote Support Software is an awesome application that has made remote access/management of system a breeze. Can't imagine having to work without it.,Allows groups to be set up and limit system access by the group. Ability to wake system at remote locations if one system with the client loaded is running at the remote location. Ability have multiple users log into one remote system. Ability to transfer access to another user. Web browser access to support agents devices when the application is not available.,System is difficult to set up initially without assistance from Bomgar support. System remote access can only be limited by groups not per user. Sometimes difficult to find options when administering the system.,9,Support personnel are now able to provide remote assistance to customers for systems that are not on our network. It has been a godsend. We were able to eliminate security issues by replacing the old remote control software that was limited to local users only.,,TeamViewer, LogMeIn RescueScreen share means faster resolution means higher CSAT means higher renewal rate and higher bonusOur company switched to Bomgar several years ago. Our Customer Support team used it to screen share with customers and it was much more accepted by our customers' IT team. Since then our professional services team and internal IT adopted. Our Development team can review the video recordings to see the exact situation the customer is encountering.,Being able to collaborate when needed was great. I didn't have to share my screen via messenger with my teammate, but just have them get into the session. As a manager, it was good to be able to use the rep viewer when listening to calls for quality control (live) or recorded. And those recordings help our engineering team see what goes on too. The surveys from screen sharing give us another insight into the customer health.,The reporting is a bit cumbersome. Having to cross reference the three reports before we can associate with CRM information.,9,Greater acceptance of [our] customers' IT means fewer alternatives required and quicker resolution on support cases - so CSAT and NPS rise,GoToAssist,NetSuite CRM+Bomgar is Efficient and EffectiveBomgar Remote Support Software is used by our department to support ourselves and a handful of other department scattered across campus. This is extremely helpful when the issue is urgent and requires immediate attention or there is bad weather that would make the trek across campus difficult or otherwise unpleasant.,Bomgar is easy to use and sessions can be initiated by the user or the technician. Bomgar is compatible with a wide variety of devices and most devices can be Bomgar'd to and Bomgar'd from.,I have no complaints with this product.,10,Bomgar Remote Support Software has improved our response time to issues and increased our overall level of support across the different departments we support. It is convenient for both the technician and the end user when trying to resolve issues quickly.
Windows, Linux, Mac
Bomgar Remote Support Software

Bomgar Remote Support Software Reviews

Bomgar Remote Support Software
Top Rated Award
Filter 156 vetted Bomgar Remote Support Software reviews and ratings
Andrew Breyen profile photo
August 06, 2018

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Ease of use"

• Security and user confirmation for accepting screen share
  • Char and sharing files
  • Latency is next to none
  • Refresh button gone in latest update
  • Make it easier to remove the sidebar completely
  • Integration with more of our tools
It is very helpful for deployment across our two campuses. We can remote from CSB campus to SJU campus and even remote to users off campus, and overseas, so long as they have reliable internet access. Because we can do this so quickly and easily, the user sees little struggle when they need to initiate a remote session. They simply provide the IT Staff with the 5 digit asset tag and we can look it up.
Read Andrew Breyen's full review
Kevin Baldwin profile photo
July 20, 2018

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar - The Game Changer"

• The ease of remote access Bomgar allows is second to none. You have many options when it comes to remote support from the Bomgar button on the end user side to manual entry of that machine's ID or IP address. If you want to use RDP, they do that too.
  • Performance is always up for discussion when all situations and networks are different. But when we were seeing connection and graphics issues with 2 other remote solutions, Bomgar just worked and did it well.
  • If features are your thing, Bomgar has that and then some. And they are always adding to the toolbag. They are more than remote access and I see their role increasing and the tools too.
  • Only issue I really have is the jump client goes to queu when our remote vendors shut down their machine. Works in our favor if we lose our connection but that never happens. And this is such a small issue but had to put something in here.
Bomgar gives us the ability to extend our technical support out to users who are not on campus. This comes in handy when students have issues with passwords or registration and they need a little assistance. And Bomgar works across many platforms, no worries if the student needs help on their tablet or pc or Mac. We can connect to their home devices regardless.
Read Kevin Baldwin's full review
Kendall Pegg profile photo
July 23, 2018

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar - don't try supporting remote users without it."

• Allows groups to be set up and limit system access by the group.
  • Ability to wake system at remote locations if one system with the client loaded is running at the remote location.
  • Ability have multiple users log into one remote system.
  • Ability to transfer access to another user.
  • Web browser access to support agents devices when the application is not available.
  • System is difficult to set up initially without assistance from Bomgar support.
  • System remote access can only be limited by groups not per user.
  • Sometimes difficult to find options when administering the system.
The application is well suited for instances when random outside users need support. Remote users needing assistance do not need any software loaded, just access the support web site or you can send them an email with a link. They load a small temporary client application and magically you have access to their system.
Read Kendall Pegg's full review
Jeremy Stephens profile photo
July 21, 2018

Bomgar Remote Support Software: "Screen share means faster resolution means higher CSAT means higher renewal rate and higher bonus"

• Being able to collaborate when needed was great. I didn't have to share my screen via messenger with my teammate, but just have them get into the session.
  • As a manager, it was good to be able to use the rep viewer when listening to calls for quality control (live) or recorded. And those recordings help our engineering team see what goes on too.
  • The surveys from screen sharing give us another insight into the customer health.
  • The reporting is a bit cumbersome. Having to cross reference the three reports before we can associate with CRM information.
We find even the banks and financial services firms are receptive to using the screen sharing. They place strict restrictions on accessing their data instance, in some cases hosting on premise instead of cloud. But their IT accepts the Bomgar tool for screen sharing to help resolve support questions.
Read Jeremy Stephens's full review
Hunter Rice profile photo
July 21, 2018

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar is Efficient and Effective"

• Bomgar is easy to use and sessions can be initiated by the user or the technician.
  • Bomgar is compatible with a wide variety of devices and most devices can be Bomgar'd to and Bomgar'd from.
  • I have no complaints with this product.
Bomgar Remote Support Software works for our group size but could be scaled up very easily to support an even larger user base. It allows me to provide support to users no matter were I am located, whether I am at my desktop at work, at home, or on my phone so it has a vast number of use cases.
Read Hunter Rice's full review
Davin Estrella profile photo
July 21, 2018

Bomgar Remote Support Software: "A Bomgar Remote Support Review"

Bomgar is our enterprise remote support solution. Our technical reps use it to assist all of our end users remotely. Bomgar addresses our business need for a secure and auditable remote support tool.
  • Ease of use
  • Capabilities
  • Security
  • I would like to see a lower installation client package size that would aid in more quickly launching remote support sessions
Bomgar has a very robust feature set, and is suited for a large scale enterprise-wide deployment. It is probably less appropriate for very small businesses.
Read Davin Estrella's full review
Brian Bard profile photo
July 20, 2018

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Orange you glad you tried Bomgar? I am!"

Bomgar is currently only in use in one Department with expansion all ready planned. Bomgar has enabled a support structure of one to do the job of an entire team and made that process secure and streamlined. I work in and around regulated data and Bomgar is never a concern being I know where the data is going and have the logs and video to show it.
  • Security security security! they are in my opinion ahead of the game on level of security offered
  • Extremely easy for my users to interact with me. Simply send them to my internal web page and away we go!
  • Audit logs and trails that will satisfy every thing I want to know and more
  • I wish they had a little more Ipad support integration however that is not Bomgar's fault!
I don't know of any place that would need to do remote support that this would not be my tool of choice!
Read Brian Bard's full review
Alan Glenister MBCS profile photo
July 20, 2018

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "It's not Marmite (everyone loves it)"

We use Bomgar in the ICT department to take control of various corporate PC's across the campus and at remote campuses to reduce the need for desk side visits.
  • Brings many remote support tools into one location making it easier to use for for both our less experienced technicians and our technical experts.
  • The reporting features of Bomgar, in particular session recording is a great tool to record complex issues.
  • Canned Scripts are excellent for reducing the time to deploy various utilities and software.
  • I would like to see the ability for individual canned scripts to be able to use more than one resource file.
  • I would like to see a 'wysiwyg' editor for the Public Site Web Template (in addition to the html editor).
  • I would like to have more space for canned script resource files.
The obvious use for this product is to take over control of a remote computer to investigate issues and/or to train clients on how to use various software but the other utilities built into Bomgar should not be over looked. As an example, we can remotely check various resources of a PC when a request comes in for demanding software (such as molecular modeling software) to ensure the PC in question is of sufficient specification.
Read Alan Glenister MBCS's full review
July 27, 2018

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar Secure remote support tool is tops"

We used Bomgar 2 years ago to provide secure remote support to end users. It replaced TeamViewer as it provides reporting, SAML authentication and integration with ServiceNow. We can now provide monthly metrics reports to leadership for all our technicals and groups utilizing Bomgar remote support. The SAML authentication provides secure 2 step authentication for all our techs. The ServiceNow integration has been tested and will be rolled out in our organization later this year.
  • SAML authentication works perfectly enabling us to set up members in workgroups to provide secure access
  • Reporting: Detailed usage by techs on all the remote sessions they performed each month
  • Integration with ServiceNow is a feature we are excited to implement later this year
  • Reporting is limited to a set number of past days and requires an additional purchase to retain data long-term
  • Chat support needs to be able to be set for certain hours within the system
Well suited for both small and large organizations. Licensing costs are per concurrent technician usage so it scales well for all organizations.

Chat support still needs some improvement in terms of set chat hours and multilingual support (which is a 3rd party additional cost add-on)
May 24, 2018

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Great for Remote support"

Allows me to connect with other people outside of my office and I can help them. We've offered our own services through mobile devices to people in need.
  • I like how Bomgar gives me and my team the ability for remote support to any system or mobile device, anywhere
  • We can connect quickly to remote PCs and devices, see the screen and control the device, and have support whether we are on or off the network.
  • We have support whether we are on or off the network.
  • I would say the thing I like the thing I like the least about this software is the price
  • Using Bomgar when a system is infected with malware is challenging.
  • If you leave it open long enough without actively using it, there is this annoying pop up that appears.

Great for real-time IT support

Michael Wachter profile photo
March 16, 2018

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar - For Assisting Users Off-Network"

Bomgar is used to remotely share s user's screen through the Internet using a web browser. The user browses to a website where they are asked to enter a session key that is provided by the analyst and then connect. Once the user accepts the terms and opens the connection, the analyst is able to display the remote screen and assist the user.
  • Allows analysts to fully access a user's PC or Mac to assist with software issues.
  • Is a very secure way to remotely assist user.
  • Allows analyst to see all displays.
  • The user interface is a bit clunky and could be polished or streamlined.
  • It is difficult at times for the user to download and run the Bomgar program through different web browsers.
  • Can be difficult for the user to access the website based on their web browser.
Bomgar is most appropriate when assisting users who are not connected to the same network and/or work remotely. They only require a web browser to access Bomgar and allow the remote connection.

Bomgar is not suited for users who are connected on the same network as there are other, simpler applications that would work better.
Read Michael Wachter's full review
Michael Rhodes profile photo
December 18, 2017

Bomgar Remote Support Software: "Review of Bomgar remote Support"

We use Bomgar for IT support for our organization. We use it to remote into PCs to resolve issues. This enables us to resolve issues with computers remotely in most cases. Our service desk, Tier 2 and Tier 3 information management teams use Bomgar Remote Support software to do a variety of things against remote PCs. It saves time, enables us to resolve issues whether or not the user is available, and simplifies the remote support process.
  • I remoted into an unmanned PC this afternoon using the jump client and was able to resolve a high urgency issue. Once I initiated the connection it went right in and I was able to work. No lag and not delay either.
  • We also can send an email to a user have them use the link to access a PC across the internet that is not on our network. This is really good for out of band support.
  • The chat and file transfer functions are really there to communicate to the user and to transfer files to the remote PC or back to some other location.
  • It would be great if it had wake on LAN functionality. That way you could power up a PC that is powered off and do your work, then power it back off. All without bothering the user.
  • Sometimes when updating the client it does not go as smooth as one would like. IT would be nice for the client to detect that there is a new client available and download it, giving the user the option of installing.
  • Upgrading the client on the console is not that easy to do either. Have had to get Bomgar support involved to get it done on at least one instance. It really should be easier.
Appropriate for off-network remote support, on network remote support, transferring files to a PC or server; works on VPN as well. This works well when your bandwidth is sufficient. The jump client is great for handling unmanned stations, headless systems, and autologin systems. I have not had the opportunity to use against a mobile device or non-Windows operating systems.
Read Michael Rhodes's full review
December 13, 2017

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "To Bomgar or not to Bomgar!"

Bomgar is being used at the IT Service Desk to provide support to devices remotely. It addresses problems of not being able to see what users are able to see when providing device related support.
  • Connections to multitude number of devices
  • Being able to screen share
  • Being able to use chat
  • n/a
Excellent for being able to see what the users are seeing on a large number of devices. We don't have a specific BYOD policy as such but it really helps when you can try to support as many devices as possible. Chat is also great, especially when supporting users that are in areas when phones are not always available such as libraries. The whole support scenarios also act as a useful training tool for our users. We not only resolve most issues remotely but it also gives us an opportunity to train our users to resolve most problems of the same nature in the future. The fact that it works for most configurations and systems allows us to support staff and students worldwide.
December 12, 2017

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Great, easy software!"

I use the software to securely remote into a client's environment.
  • Transferring files from one environment to another
  • Ease of use
  • Fast
  • Sensitivity to wifi
The software is easy to use and doesn't take long to connect. I haven't used it with multiple users at one time so I am not sure how suited it is for that.
Patrick Cranston profile photo
July 06, 2017

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar - A key to our success for the last decade"

We use Bomgar Remote Support to provide our techs remote access to the computer systems we support for our customers. In addition to remote screen sharing, it also provides instant feedback on the status of computers and allows us easy access to inventory and system information. Its easy to use interface allows for use with almost zero training. The ability to share a remote session or hand off sessions between reps is very nice. The rep client can be a little buggy sometimes but overall it works consistently.
  • Remote access for macOS computers. We support primarily businesses that use Macs and good macOS support is very important.
  • Maintains logs and screen sharing videos of all sessions. It's peace of mind for us and also helps meet compliance standards that we can tell exactly what happened, every time we access a machine remotely.
  • Allows for easy management of hundreds of computers in a single app. We support hundreds of computers for dozens of companies. Finding the right computer to access is very easy and able to be done with just a few clicks.
  • The process users follow to start a remote session if the Bomgar software is not already installed seems to confuse some users. I've seen other remote support software products that seem to do a little better job.
  • The rep client software can be a little buggy. Some times it crashes or locks up when using it.
  • The iOS rep console app is good but not as full featured as the Desktop app. It would be nice to see complete parity between the two and have all the same features on the iOS app as you do on the desktop.
[It's well suited] Where you have teams of remote support techs that need access to the same machines and/or need to troubleshoot the same issue (i.e. session sharing). If security and compliance issues are a concern Bomgar has processes for just about every scenario. For very small support shops Bomgar is probably too high a price point and the company probably won't make full use of the feature set.
Read Patrick Cranston's full review
Russell Long profile photo
August 30, 2017

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Non-profit volunteer support"

Bomgar is used to support volunteers with their access to our internal email system and infrastructure.
  • Ease of use - volunteers are easily able to initiate a support session to get their issues resolved.
  • It leaves no trace - after the completion of a standard support message, nothing is left on the volunteer's machine, no software has to be permanently installed.
  • Security - It has an accurate audit trail, and is very secure.
  • Price - I hate to say this, but it was the only stumbling block for us. Bomgar's expensive, but it is worth every penny.
I truly could not support my users without Bomgar. We're an organization spread over an entire state, and several of our users are not very computer-savvy. With Bomgar it is easy for them to initiate a support session, and from there, I can resolve the rest of their issues.
Read Russell Long's full review
February 07, 2017

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar Remote Access is reliable, efficient, and powerful!"

Bomgar technology is leveraged every day in our organization and is an indispensable tool empowering technology staff to troubleshoot, diagnose, and assist users in well over 100 locations across the state. The technology has truly transformed the way we interact with users and has saved countless dollars in travel costs. A direct line to the end user provides tremendous value and truly amazes those supported.
  • Rapid deployment
  • Extremely reliable
  • Wide array of built-in tools
  • Support is phenomenal
  • Dormant agents sometimes don't connect (or automatically update) after a deployed update
  • Cost
Bomgar is great for medium to large organizations who want a reliable tool that can be mass deployed to all endpoints by their IT staff easily and efficiently.
Tim Thomson profile photo
April 27, 2016

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Moving to Bomgar, just a better investment."

Supporting clients is always a challenging task, especially when you are supporting individuals, that are outside your organization. In my area of IT that is what we do every day, supporting users that are outside of our organization. Our budget is limited and our personnel resources are stretched thin just like most IT support groups. We had been using one of Bomgar’s competitors but the licensing was putting excessive strain on our budget and they the only thing the competitor was offering was extra fees for services that we would lose if we did not pay them. So I came across Bomgar and was able to demo their product. It fit my needs and budget perfectly. I was able to easily provide an ROI and get Bomgar integrated in quickly. Now Bomgar is not only my team’s primary remote access tool, other departments within my company have purchased licenses so that they too can benefit from this great resource. Bomgar has easily replaced my old remote support tool and helped not only save my budget but others within my company as well.
  • The ability to transfer files within the Bomgar application has been key to our success.
  • Creating "canned scripts" allows us to run rather lengthy powershell scripts with ease.
  • We using our recorded sessions for training purposes as well as working with our vendors.
  • Some clients will have UAC enabled on their PC's and the black out screen seems unnecessary, the remote user should not be blocked, but rather allowed to click the okay on the notification. Bomgar is the only remote application I have used that does this and it is frustrating.
At my company we started using Bomgar with the express intent that it would only be used for supporting our remote clients. That being said, after our internal teams used it they quickly wanted to convert over to it from the internal system they were using. I really believe Bomgar is one our company's greatest finds.
Read Tim Thomson's full review
Cam Philbeck profile photo
December 16, 2015

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar is the best solution for branch office support."

The University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture uses Bomgar to support approximately 1000 users located in over 100 offices throughout the state of Tennessee. We support OS and software issues on desktops, laptops and servers. This system has allowed us to reduce our support travel expenses by 75% and greatly increase the speed of response to IT issues. We also allow non-technical staff to use the system to support/train distant employees. This system was so successful, that the main campus IT helpdesk has now incorporated their own unit for student/faculty support.
  • Ability to connect to pc's regardless of carrier or firewalls.
  • Ability to connect to pc's during off hours when employees are not at their desk.
  • Ability to connect using multiple devices. (IOS, PC, Mac)
  • I would like to see a voice chat capability added to the system.
  • I would like to have access to canned scripts through a web interface. This would be useful those limited times I am actually working on a pc in person.
  • I would like to be able to use files in the filestore for canned scripts rather than having to upload them a second time.
This system is perfect for a helpdesk environment that must support customers in a large geographic area. It works well on virtually all systems regardless of the Internet provider. The only locations that I have ever had issues are those that are extremely tight on security and refuse to allow the Bomgar software to run on their network. (whitelisting)
Read Cam Philbeck's full review
Tracy Roberts profile photo
March 16, 2016

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar - Our first and last choice for remote support software"

We use Bomgar to provide technical support to our users worldwide. It gives us the ability to connect securely to our staff and provide remote assistance. We have also used jump points to help us connect directly to computers for remote upgrades and updates.
  • Simple client install
  • Bomgar is always up to date with the latest technology trends
  • Multi device support (ie: Mac, pc, IOS, android)
  • I am extremely happy with Bomgar and cannot think of any weakness currently
We mainly support pc environments but I do have a half dozen remote MacBook Airs that I provide support to as well. We are using the hosted version with 5 tech support clients. Bomgar can be used for the small office and scaled up to support very large organizations as well.
Read Tracy Roberts's full review
Alex Millen profile photo
February 02, 2016

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Odd Name, Great Product"

Bomgar is very easy to use on both the technician side and the end user. The ease of starting a remote session from a webpage is unmatched!

Recently we received several calls that our remote touchscreen computers wouldn't log in. When you click on the username, the screen flashes black then back to the login screen.

I was able to use Bomgar to remotely file transfer the Window's log files and found the error was with LogonUI.exe. After a quick Google search, I found a Reddit post stating that you need to run a Windows recovery disk or the touchscreen needed to be unplugged from the USB port (not so easy on an all-in-one) then a bad windows update could be uninstalled.

Since none of these solutions would work because I was not at the computer, I needed another way. Since Bomgar has a command shell feature, my personal favorite, I was able to run "wusa /uninstall /quiet /forcerestart /kb:3097877" to uninstall the update remotely. After the computer restarted everything was back to normal.

Try to do that with your average remote desktop program!
  • One off remote session can be initiated from a web page.
  • Saved remote connections.
  • File Transfer.
  • Organizing saved remote connections.
If you only need to remote to servers on your domain, Bomgar would be overkill. For everything else Bomgar is well suited, even mobile devices.
Read Alex Millen's full review
Bryan Todero profile photo
December 16, 2015

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar an investment that will return value year after year"

We use Bomgar for chat support and remote support for IT. We also have a division that uses it for training purposes. We originally purchased Bomgar for the functionality so that you can reboot the machine and it would automatically reconnect. It allows our technicians to be able to support people in remote locations that before they would have had to drive out to the site to troubleshoot.
  • Unattended remote support through jump clients.
  • Flexibility of providing remote support through a number of devices including mobile.
  • You have flexibility to choose to deploy a physical appliance on-site or virtual appliance in the cloud.
  • No native integration with LANDesk without use of an API and professional services to build one.
Bomgar is well suited if you want your employees or customers to have the ability to just chat with a representative because they need their password reset or if they have a question. It also works really well to troubleshoot those people in remote locations where before you might have had to send a tech out to troubleshoot. Our division that uses it for training loves the ease and flexibility of the solution.
Read Bryan Todero's full review
Nathan Childs profile photo
December 16, 2015

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar, more like BomGREAT!"

We used Bomgar to support end users, specifically to address software configuration concerns, install printers and software and view error messages. It provided us a better view which helped our technicians create more accurate tickets when escalating issues.
  • Easy access for end users to join a session with a technician.
  • Provides additional space to allow multiple users to see a single desktop.
  • Allows for uninterrupted access once the client and server are connected. Even through rebooting.
  • Configuration can be difficult. As infrequently as I use the administration portion of the appliance, I would like there to be an easier way to determine where I need to go to do certain administrative functions.
Bomgar is well suited anywhere users are in need of a technician seeing the issue they are calling about. It would be less suited for an environment that has peripherals attached to a computer simply because you would be less likely to be able to troubleshoot those peripherals.
Read Nathan Childs's full review
Robert Haack profile photo
December 16, 2015

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar - The Bombiest Bomgar Ever"

We use Bomgar in our Service Desk to remote to users all across the world. We have 1000+ employees locally, but thousands more than that worldwide. Bomgar is the perfect tool to reach all of them.
  • We're able to remote to any computer, even if they're not on our domain.
  • We can remote to phones to support them better.
  • Being a PC based company, working with Macs is difficult. Bomgar enables us to remote to them, and help support them, even if we don't know what we're doing. :D
  • I honestly can't think of anything, as they do a good job of updating as they see fit.
  • If they could do ticketing, that would blow me out of the water...
Anytime you need to remote to another device, Bomgar is the thing to use. It's quick, easy, and provides you with powerful options while working with a customer. I've supported people from all around the world with it, and I think that's pretty fantastic.
Read Robert Haack's full review
Brian Piel profile photo
December 16, 2015

Bomgar Remote Support Software Review: "Bomgar is your remote support tool answer"

I use to use my own TeamViewer account for remote support, because PCAnywhere was so bad. We finally got Bomgar and that’s all I use to support my clients out in the field. I can start support sessions from anywhere on my iPhone and transfer it to my queue when I get back to my desk. What I really love doing is when I am working on someone’s system instead sitting at their computer to finish, I start a session with my phone and carry it back to my desk and complete my work from there.
  • Ease of access
  • Mobile friendly
  • Vendor Access
  • Mobile to mobile support would be great on IOS
Read Brian Piel's full review

Screen sharing (29)
File transfer (27)
Instant message (27)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (4)
5.7
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (15)
6.3
Over-the-Internet remote session (29)
Initiate remote control from mobile (20)
Remote management of servers & workstations (23)
Remote Active Directory® management (11)
Centralized management dashboard (17)
Session record (25)
Annotations (20)
Monitoring and Alerts (14)
Multi-platform remote control (21)

About Bomgar Remote Support Software

Bomgar says it helps support teams of all sizes improve business performance by enabling secure, controlled remote support to nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world.

Bomgar offers deployment options that can fit a company’s business needs. The vendor says their on-premises physical and virtual appliances have helped enterprises satisfy regulatory requirements for years. Additionally, the vendor says the unique segmentation capabilities of their cloud deployment gives users cloud without compromise.

With Bomgar, users can support all of their systems over the web, even if they are behind firewalls they don't control. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution enables support teams to reduce the amount of time spent on incident handling since it is done via one solution. Technicians can support remote computers running Windows, Mac, and Linux … or mobile devices running Android, iOS, or BlackBerry. Additionally, they can offer support from their preferred device, even if it's an Android tablet or iPad.