The Key to Well-Run Operations is Proper Integration
January 11, 2021

The Key to Well-Run Operations is Proper Integration

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Education Management Solutions

Blackbaud Education Management is used across our entire school particularly for constituent data, admissions tracking, student portal, and for teachers to track their classes and grades/report cards.
  • Design is aesthetically pleasing to look at.
  • User friendly layout.
  • Cloud based
  • Easy to update constituent profiles.
  • Wish there was a version of Address Finder for Education Management where the addresses can automatically be updated like in Raiser's Edge.
  • It would be nice for the analysis dashboard to include other groups of constituents in addition to "Students."
  • Connect RE is awesome and saves so much time versus manually updating information in both the Core and Raiser's Edge systems.
  • We are about to upgrade to Tuition Management which will pull data from Core and save so much time on manual entry! Plus, it will be so much easier for parents to pay on time through a credit card versus a check, therefore, improves our ROI drastically.
  • Ideally, Raiser's Edge NXT web view would have all of the capabilities as a database view, but I know it will take some time to get there. The Database view is just extremely outdated looking and not in the Cloud, so I can't log in to it from just any computer without downloading Citrix. Can be frustrating sometimes with how slow it is.
  • Operational efficiency
  • Advanced automation
  • Improved internal and external communications
  • Reduced IT expenditure due to cloud deployment
  • A connected school solution
We improved our operational efficiency drastically. This was in large part due to watching as many educational videos on Blackbaud as possible and frequently meeting with co-workers who managed our Blackbaud products.
Once we understood and documented the connection between all of our Blackbaud products, everything went much more smoothly! Up until that point though, no one at Blackbaud Customer Service seemed to be able to tell us what system overwrote which one's data and vice versa. We have it documented now, but that was done through trial and error in our system since we couldn't find much information on integration elsewhere at the time (January 2019). We have definitely benefited from this, because before, someone would update the address in Raiser's Edge and it would be overwritten through Connect RE with the old address from Core! We were able to enhance our order of operations so that the system would work with and for us, not against us.
Just depends on the representative you get. Some happen to be experts on the problem you are having, and others don't know much about it.
I use it to manage data before it rolls over to Raiser's Edge through Connect RE. I also export basic lists sometimes instead of doing it in Raiser's Edge and I enjoy using it. Simple and straight forward.
It is well suited in the areas of admissions, teacher's management of classes and students, and students to be able to keep track of their educational life.

Online forms could use some improvements. We use the Online Express form from Raiser's Edge and it looks much better than what the Education Management forms have to offer. Whether it's for donations, t-shirt sales, registrations, etc., online forms could use a bit of a make-over.