Blackbaud Grantmaking is a comprehensive grants processing tool I would recommend to any nonprofit accountable for more than 100 grants annually.
Sheree Norton | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 26, 2018

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Grantmaking (formerly GIFTS Online)

It is being used by our organization to manage our grant-making process from inquiry to reporting on grants awarded.
  • Easy to export data into multiple applications for various reports and requests.
  • Mobile app for access to records in the field.
  • The help desk is responsive.
  • Would like to be able to print letters, envelopes, giving histories directly from the organization's record versus switching to reports, queries or creating a template...too many steps.
  • History of giving prints from first to last and this cannot be changed. I have to export to Excel and re-sort by most recent date.
  • Blackbaud's investments in research & development
  • Blackbaud SKY technology strategy
  • Implementation team/process
  • Product reputation
  • References from peers
  • Blackbaud's reach across the entire social good community
  • Ability to track and measure grant outcomes and impact
  • Ability to integrate with other Blackbaud products
Prior to using Blackbaud Grantmaking, I was a user of Raiser's Edge for nearly 20 years. Blackbaud is a leader in this industry.
  • Reduced time spent on administrative tasks
  • Reduced time spent on proposal review
  • Better reporting capabilities
  • Better able to communicate grantmaking activities and results
  • Better organizational effectiveness
  • Greater interoperability with other technology solutions
We are challenged with the last two that I checked. This is because some of our program officers are not comfortable using Blackbaud Grantmaking. We will address this with training and hopefully the new SKY platform.
Blackbaud Grantmaking is a comprehensive grants processing tool that helps nonprofits track, manage, approve and report on their philanthropic activities. I recommend Blackbaud Grantmaking to any nonprofit accountable for more than 100 grants annually.