BlackLine Makes Accounting Easy!
May 31, 2022
BlackLine Makes Accounting Easy!
Employee in Finance and AccountingPaper & Forest Products Company, 201-500 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with BlackLine
Our accounting and finance team currently uses BlackLine for task management and account reconciliations. Using just these two solutions we are able to streamline what once were very manual processes. The task management tool allows users to track outstanding tasks before and during the month-end close process, ensuring that we are recording all accruals and completing other items in a timely manner. The account reconciliation tool allows us to simplify our reconciliation process and have much more insight into balance sheet account balances.
- The user interface is fairly good and easy to use.
- Customer service has been great when issues arise.
- They offer a lot of education and other learning opportunities to utilize BlackLine better.
- Additional modules or service options can get very pricey.
- Some system administration tasks can be tedious or difficult to complete.
- It can sometimes be difficult to find an answer to specific questions within their support network.
- Task management. We have over 400 tasks completed by around 20 people on a monthly basis.
- Account reconciliations. We have over 3,000 balance sheet accounts that are reconciled regularly.
- Automation. BlackLine is able to determine which accounts need to be reconciled less frequently due to lack of activity or magnitude of account balances. This frees up user time.
- More insight into balance sheet account balances. Our team is more timely with getting errors fixed and monitoring important accounts.
- The task management tool helps us ensure that we are completing all accruals and reviews each month. This has led to fewer errors and missing accruals.
- Our use of BlackLine has greatly increased our efficiency by reducing manual work.
Do you think BlackLine delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BlackLine's feature set?
Did BlackLine live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of BlackLine go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy BlackLine again?
Our organization has around 30 different manufacturing, warehouse, and office sites throughout the United States, Canada, Japan, and China. We have an incredibly complex GL structure and over 3,000 balance sheet accounts. Because of this, our corporate accounting team has a wide variety of tasks that need to be completed on a monthly basis, and a number of accounts that need to be reconciled. Using BlackLine streamlines our processes by having one web location with all of the information we need to complete our tasks and reconciliations. This allows us to be significantly more efficient.
20 - Corporate accounting team, accounts payable, and operations finance managers. All utilize BlackLine for task management and account reconciliations.
3 - Myself and our organization's Assistant Controller are responsible for BlackLine administration. We have gone through different trainings and utilized BlackLine university to learn the system better. There are a few administration items that need to be completed each month, but for the most part, BlackLine doesn't require much support internally. We also have an IT employee who is responsible for making sure the interface between BlackLine and our ERP is working appropriately.
- BlackLine allows us to have a full picture of where we are at and what everyone does on a monthly basis. This allows us to identify areas where can reduce or spread out workloads and find opportunities for more efficiency.
- We are hoping to add additional functionality in the next few years. The matching and journal entry modules are two we will be considering.