Reviews (1-25 of 73)
- Well Suited: Large Retail store that has to reconcile the daily sales from POS with Bank accounts and GL balances. Daily sales volume makes it cumbersome and time taking job to combine it using excel.
- Not so well suited: Small organization with a manageable number of GL ledgers and less than 5000 transactions a month. The cost of Blackline would be more than the benefit.
- BlackLine is made by accountants for accountants, so every feature is very useful.
- Account groups is just brilliant, it makes reconciling a bunch of accounts very simple.
- In Tasks, it would be great to have a button that can perform the task of "certify and next"
- That's it! BlackLine continues to improve the product.
- Integrated reporting features are extremely helpful to do quick and customized analysis
- Visibility to task and process status across the organization allows us to identify and focus on our biggest pain points and areas of improvement
- Near seamless integration with existing reporting software and ERP systems makes it easier to use real-time data rather than waiting on periodic reports and processes to analyze data
- The implementation of BlackLine has caused friction within our organization because of the significant work that needs to be done to get things set up. Rather than providing the promised efficiencies from the start, we have experienced increased cycle times for a number of our processes while we work through bringing it completely onboard
- A full implementation roadmap for our organization would have been very helpful, as it seems we could have taken advantage of more functionality earlier on in our implementation efforts to see quicker improvements to our processes
- Customer support- My account representative is on top of any issue or question that I have.
- Communications- Frequent notifications about BlackLine events, user groups, and other webinars.
- Blackline events- Superior quality, great breakout sessions, and great speakers.
- None at this time.
- The linkage between the task/reconciliation and Compliance modules - This allows Internal Audit to pull their own support for audit testing. This reduces the manual PBC list creation.
- Openness to customer suggestions - They are very open to hearing suggestions to make their products better for their customers. This is great, as it will make the product more useful for consumers.
- Customization - The Compliance module is very customizable, which makes it very useful for a variety of consumers.
- Workflow tracking capability in the Compliance module.
- The worksheet that is a UDF in the Compliance module could have better functionality. It doesn't have all the capabilities of true Excel, so we don't currently use it. It would be great if we could copy information (including formulas and formatting) into the worksheet.
- The matching engine works particularly well for high volume uses.
- Journal entries work well and cut down on time.
- Technical support is great.
- The templates and how to edit them are a little confusing.
- The system frequently times out which causes frustration.
- More functions for preparers would help cut down the level of approval needed.
Blackline is not well suited for transactions that do not have a unique identifier.
- Easy Account Reconciliation
- Carries Support forward
- Easy to Review (Atlas Grid)
- When reviewing the recons, the data that is support is constantly downloaded as opposed to quick link.
- Implementation map needs to be drawn out prior to implement
- Blackline Customer service is outstanding. The support desk turn around time is great.
- Blackline Implementation team is well versed in a variety of issues/situations. Very adaptable to most organizations.
- Blackline Product is awesome. It is truly an end to end process software.
- Account Mapping does not allow accounts to be mapping into existing accounts. So basically no account merging.
- Journal entry module does not provide duplicates error for Customers that are using "Out of the Box" ERP systems. Need same capability/functionality as connector.
- Easy to customize templates for your business needs
- Easy to create custom reports for user needs
- Easy to import supporting documentation for account reconciliations
- Want to be able to skip or choose certain training material without going through a whole module. Sometimes I only need one part of the module and I need to watch or go through a whole training course to get to that one part.
- easy user friendly site and community group
- eliminate glitches (ie buttons disappear /require log out then login)
- announcement of new community group should be sent
- teams need more controls behind it/make it auditor approved
small medium size companies would benefit by using this as a document library storage and organize everything in 1 system. large companies can use it for easier audits
less suited for companies who have SAP/oracle to use journal entry variance modules since these ERP have this in its system already
- Blackline has great customer service and support.
- Blackline provides great visibility of key accounting functions
- Blackline allows standardization and visibility of finance and accounting tasks and processes.
- I’d like to see the learning paths in Blackline U be more intuitive.
- I’d like to see further Essen of use in Blackline in designing reconciliation templates
I haven’t found anything that Blackline isn’t appropriate for. Generally the Blackline tool works great when it is set up and used as intended. That being said, it takes time and focus to implement correctly. Investment of time up front reaps the benefits.
- Customer support is excellent. They are always available to answer our questions and offer their full support.
- The reconciliation module has made our monthly recs much easier to perform and has helped us to stay in compliance with SOX
- The Matching module allows us to perform high volume reconciliations much more timely and accurately
- Implementation is difficult. More live support during this time would be very helpful
- Transparency of all reconciliations and their backup.
- The ease of auditors to review all reconciliations without description to your daily processes.
- Reporting on reconciliations and required adjustments within minutes is and excellent feature.
- The review of all Account Rules at one time would be great.
- Have reports run and emailed to individuals automatically.
- The ability to easily remove temporary assignments when no longer needed.
- BlackLine handles matching better than any other product.
- BlackLine has a great dashboard.
- BlackLine is a good tool for reconciliations.
- The templates have improved significantly.
- The administration is somewhat difficult to follow.
- I use transaction matching and love it. My group handles the clearing accounts for deposits and withdrawals. Prior to November 2018, my team manually matched about 250K transactions in Excel. The process was cumbersome and often riddled with human errors that are sometimes difficult to track. My team can now run various match sets in way less time than it takes them to import data into Excel and scrub it down.
- Automatic partial matching.
- Partial matching is currently a manual process in BlackLine. As we move more towards automation, it will be nice to eliminate as much manual process as possible. I believe there's an opportunity in this area.
- Support team
- Implementation team
- Customer Support
- Listen to our needs and finding solutions
- ITB level courses (beginners, intermediate and advanced)
- ITB max seating capacity
- Rooms with desks for sessions you need to use computers
Need more advances in the Variance module
BlackLine Scorecard Summary
BlackLine Technical Details