September 23, 2016
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Bluebeam Revu
We use Bluebeam Revu Extreme daily for annotating shop drawings, scaling drawings to provide our team with dimensions not specified by architects, overlays of new and old drawings in order to identify changes which may not have been caught so easily. We also use Bluebeam hyperlinking drawings with RFI responses for field use.
- Overlaying pdf drawings to identify changes made by architects.
- Scaling dimensions when the architect has not provided required dimensions to proceed with work in the field.
- Hyperlinking construction documents with required information makes it much easier to look through multiple sheets in less time.
- I'd like to see the option of manual overlay scaling. Sometimes there is not always 3 points to align to which makes it difficult to compare sheets.
- Provide a more vast symbols library for construction purposes (section heads/leaders).
- Bluebeam has had a positive impact due to the fact of the overlaying process. We are able to identify changes which may have already been built on a project that have to now be taken down and built per the new drawings.
- It has sped up our pricing on instances such as the one mentioned above.
We feel there is not another program out there that would compare to Bluebeam at this current time. Some of the other programs out there do not include studio or the overlaying process which is one of our main uses. The ease of hyperlinking makes this product stand out the most.
Bluebeam works perfect in the field for review of drawings, RFIs and multiple other construction documents. Without Bluebeam's scaling abilities we may have to wait weeks if not months for simple dimensions to be confirmed or responded to. I have not encountered a situation where Bluebeam is not appropriate.