Overall Satisfaction with Bluebeam Revu
We use Bluebeam as an alternative to an Adobe product. Our joint venture company was using it and had noted the simplicity of marking up documents. We bought the program and most people use it as their default program to modify/edit documents. In addition to modifying documents, it allows you to almost create a document with all of the tools at its disposal.
- Adding text
- Marking up a document
- Doing take-offs for estimating purposes
- It launches slowly (which is why I personally don't have it as my default launcher for PDFs that I view only).
- From my perspective, it allows me to use less subcontractor/vendor input as I can quantity items myself.
- Allows clearer distribution of thoughts and ideas with the mark-up abilities.
- Allows for others to continue on a mark-up concept.
This is by FAR the most powerful product that I have used. I have not turned back to Adobe for modifying documents since we purchased Bluebeam. I am not sure of the cost of the program, but sure it is worth it to the company. As to doing take-offs, this is a great tool as well compared to some of the others.
Best suited for generating quantities and doing take-offs. I use it regularly to quantify items on a drawing that I couldn't do with an Adobe program. I love the feature of saving the info so that you know if it was an area, perimeter, or simply a quantity take-off performed. A negative is that it takes a bit longer to load a PDF. This is the reason I have to default to Adobe, but manually open Bluebeam when I want to edit a file.