Score 8.7 out of 10
Dropbox Business

What is Dropbox Business?

File sharing the best

February 15, 2022

• Reliability (127)
  • Performance (127)
    9.2
  • File search (127)
  • Access control (127)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Dropbox Business, and make your voice heard!

Standard

$15

per user/per month

Advanced

$25

per user/per month

Enterprise

Contact sales team

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.dropbox.com/business/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $15 per month

Features

File Sharing & Management

Features that allow collaborators to view, work on, and organize files.

8.5Avg 8.2

Cloud Storage Security & Administration

Features related to security and administration for cloud storage platforms

8.5Avg 8.5

Cloud Storage Platform

Features around the functionality of the cloud storage platform.

8.9Avg 8.4

What is Dropbox Business?

Dropbox Business expands on the company's cloud storage service by providing additional features, such as lost file recovery for an extended period, integration with popular office suites (e.g. Office 365), the Dropbox Paper collaboration extension, two-factor authentication (2FA) and single sign-on (SSO), tiered administrator controls and granular permission sharing, remote device wipe, API, and other features of use to larger groups and businesses.

Dropbox Business Integrations

Dropbox Business Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Dropbox Business starts at $15.

Reviewers rate Reliability highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of Dropbox Business are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

I like the layout of documents when you first log in. It is a very simple file system and easy to find things that I need. I also like the design of it, it is very pleasing to the eye with the color scheme and layout.
  • Layout.
  • Simple filing system.
  • Color scheme.
  • Easy.
  • Compatibility.
  • Sharing.
  • Less features that I like than Google Drive.
I sometimes have to access files of images that people send to me through Dropbox. I definitely can't stop using it but it is not a preferred way that I like to work. I think maybe they could make things more compatible and I definitely get annoyed when I have to use it.
February 15, 2022

File sharing the best

Dropbox is assisting me trade and offering data with clients in a substantially more secure and effective manner. Clients are inclined toward and track down incredible allure in the stage, making it an astounding apparatus. Clients can likewise sort out their reports and records in their own particular manner, (for example, by year/name/substance), and the records don't erase with the goal that I can get to more established archives as per my necessities.
  • Having the comfort of putting away documents from the workplace and afterward having the option to recover them from home is totally fantastic.
  • No more utilization of thumb drives for the business when we can send photos and verifications over to the cloud effectively to recover later.
  • There is an absence of search usefulness in this application which makes it troublesome now and again to discover the significant archives required on that second. In any case, the application is incredible.
I don't know whether it exists, yet assuming there was a method for getting programmed warnings each time a record is transferred to Dropbox, it would make data assembling a lot smoother. At this point, clients need to tell me through email that there is another record, which, on the off chance that not done right away, can get disregarded.
Aononna Tazin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox Business is outstanding; that is a good option for storing data because it provides excellent value at a low cost. We have complete control over who can access our files at the folder and file levels. It’s smooth to use, has an excellent user interface, and provides various storage options for our business. Logging in gives us easy access to all our data, which I treasure. I can also access it from any location where I have an internet connection, which is convenient—our company benefits from its help in managing and growing. As a professional, it is a must-have accessory. Dropbox Business updated our work while on the go and made it possible to keep in touch. Dropbox Business is easy to use on all devices, including my smartphone, desktop computer, and tablet. Besides text and email, we can send files via these methods.
  • Dropbox Business: File Security
  • Dropbox Business: Affordability
  • Dropbox Business: File-Sharing
  • Dropbox Business: File Retention
  • Dropbox Business: Simple User Interface
  • Dropbox Business: Remotely Accessed Cloud
  • Dropbox Business: External Users Can Quickly Request Files
  • Dropbox Business: Multiple Admins Would Be Outstanding.
  • Dropbox Business: Using The Desktop Application Is A Pain.
  • Dropbox Business: Companies Blocking It For Security Concerns.
Dropbox Business is an excellent tool for organizing files transmitted among multiple people. Users can upload files to an uploaded folder, protected by the service’s high security. Its stability allows us to be more productive. Intuitive system integration and numerous sharing options are provided. Dropbox Business streamlines and organizes my file-sharing, storage, and saving procedures. It has also been updated to make adding and removing users easier. My experience with Dropbox Business has been nothing but positive since I began using it. For the price, it’s better than Google Drive.
Patrick Herrera | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox Business is impressive software that allows us to share files with our colleagues easily.
It is also a great cloud storage platform that makes our work easier.
It meets our business's cloud management expectations.
  • Sharing Files
  • Storage of Files
  • Keepings Files Safe
  • Enhances cloud access remotely
  • They should make it faster than it is.
  • The interface should be arranged well.
Dropbox Business is an excellent software for our business because it is secure for our files.
This tool is also impressive because it is easy to customize and use.
Its reliability makes our work easier as a team.
Sharing files with this amazing platform is easy and fast.
Therefore, it is a great platform for us.
We use Dropbox as an organization to share files between ourselves, with clients and as a long-term archive of files that clients might come back to us asking for. This has been the best use of it overall as the storage solution vs cost has been very good. We tend to have large files due to the nature of the business and Dropbox allows us to easily keep an archive of them.
  • Easy interface
  • Easy to request files from users outside the organization
  • Good pricing
  • Issues with companies blocking Dropbox for security reasons
  • Desktop app is cumbersome
  • No remote sync
If you are an organization that needs to share a lot of files across your company but doesn't want to invest in a specific server to do it, then Dropbox is a good solution. Likewise, if you need to send a lot of files to clients or have somewhere that clients need to upload files, then I would recommend Dropbox. If you are looking to keep files completely internal, however, then an internal server would be a better choice.
We use Dropbox for Business (DFB) as a vehicle for sharing within our organization. In addition since we work with a variety of external consultants and experts who we do NOT want to provide access to our secure corporate network, we use DFB and provide them with access to DFB in order for them to provide information, review information, etc. DFB is automatically backed up to our corporate servers in a highly secure manner.
DFB has proven to be a convenient solution and we use its team functions to organize information by projects and provide specific team members (internal or external) to the specific team files/information.
  • Provide access for external consultants to information without needing to provide access to our secure corporate network.
  • Organize by teams and projects.
  • Straightforward process for adding and removing team members and access.
  • More helpful training information for users.
  • More helpful training information for Administrators.
For cases where one needs to share information with team members who do not have access to the corporate network. As a repository for secure and team based information sharing. Also can control team member access privileges in a straight forward manner and easily add/remove team members. We have used it to share a wide variety of type of files/documents and it seems to handle well. Also we work with a variety of global team members and the system accessibility is very good.
Syed Asad Siddique | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox Business is used across the entire organization. As per our organization usage is concern that it secure team collaboration. File storage issues is being solved with high importance and space issues is being solved at the optimum level. Another important aspect of using this application file sharing hassle is getting very easy. Another important reason of using this application that it provide fine security and protection towards the user end. Organizing team in one platform is one of the biggest plus point of using this application specially in this pandemic era.
  • Choose Dropbox Business for file sharing, and for team organizing, more synchronizing devices
  • Works well remotely and accessibility is very easy
  • Application for team content and for team and documentation collaborating
  • Mobile application will help me out for smooth and ongoing access at everywhere
  • Document storing space should be upgrade or maximize a bit higher
  • Security risk will always be at a priority it should be strong enough to grasp the more attention of using this application
  • File sharing should be easily syncing and smoothly online without facing some mishaps during meeting calls and groups discussions online
Dropbox Business is one of the best online solution for me, that it will make my online meetings very easy. File storage and advance document sharing and viewing is very easy in this medium of application. For my particular experience that this application growing team ideas and with secure location. Dropbox Business is used for multiple layer of protection user files security measures in this application is set high standards for keeping user data safe and sound.
Dave King | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used across our entire organization. We use it to transfer large files that normally can not be emailed. We also receive large documents on a regular basis form customers and client that have the need to send us large volumes of data. We need[ed] a secure way to send and receive these documents.
  • It has a synchronize client to sync files from your computer to the cloud
  • mobile app
  • secure
  • pricing is on the high side
  • poor spell check features
When we have to send large amount of documents securely I have found dropbox to meet these needs without issue. We can send either one large document or volumes of documents securely. Co-authoring does not work from your desktop, the documents must be accessed from dropbox.com for that to work.
Our organization uses Dropbox Business across our whole organization. We have employees who are scattered in different locations with several working from home and one working out of state. Dropbox enables us to collaborate on workflow and to share documents across all of the various locations in which we have employees. Not only does it allow us to do this, but it also provides security in that it enables us to store all of these documents, readily accessible, in a cloud. We are very happy with Dropbox and it provides great value to our organization.
  • It enables us to share documents and workflow to all employees for whom access is allowed regardless of where in the world they may be located.
  • Dropbox Business provides a means to safely store our documents without having to have physical copies.
  • Dropbox also allows for easy organization of our documents in folders and such in the system.
  • I don't personally have any thing which I think Dropbox Business could improve upon. I am happy overall.
Dropbox Business is especially well-suited for organizations that have multiple locations, especially with a lot of remote employees as a result of Covid-19. Once again, I can't think of a specific situation in which is less appropriate as it certainly meets all of the needs of our organization. It offers a lot in terms of being able to work together as a team.
Dany Hernandez | TrustRadius Reviewer
I had been using DropBox personal for years and when we began to look for a solution for file sharing, our first instinct was to use our internal network. Well, we soon found out how challenging it can be for people to figure out how to navigate shared drives. On top of that we needed to share files with multiple users who are not employees and don't have access to the network. DropBox Business allowed us to not only share files, but to also organize and back up important financial documents for more redundancy without to fear of losing local data.
  • Backup of important files away from the local network.
  • Organization.
  • File sharing with unlimited individuals and file size.
  • Not the biggest fan of the user interface.
  • Sometimes it randomly un-syncs, if that's even a word.
If your organization needs to share files with individuals outside of your network and you also want quick access via DropBox Business app, then I have found DropBox for business to be ideal. There have been countless occasions when someone asked be for a file while I was away from my desk and it was extremely easy and satisfying to be able to just access DropBox from my phone and send/share that file.
Mohsin Shah | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox Business is an awesome software compared to other similar softwares. It is one of the most easiest softwares to use. I love its user interface, it is very simple and easy to navigate. I can easily share crucial files to people swiftly.
  • It has a very intuitive user interface so navigation becomes very easy.
  • I can quickly share files to people.
  • Its security is marvelous, that is very impressive.
  • It is a bit expensive. The price should be lower.
  • Locating files is difficult. Sometimes it is extremely difficult to find important files.
I can easily organize my work. I am deeply impressed with its performance and functionality. Also, its mobile application is excellent. I like the interface of the mobile app. However, there are some downsides that should be fixed. It is really troublesome to locate important files. I struggle to locate crucial documents. Another thing is with respect to its pricing, I think that its pricing should [be] reduce as it is a bit expensive.
Dropbox has allowed us to share files between users easily, especially when working remotely. The ability to be able to access files from any device is hugely helpful to us as an organization. It provided us with a quick, reliable method of sharing project files with different team members very quickly and easily. It has been a lifesaver.
  • Ability to share large files in a secure manner.
  • Allows our team to collaborate easily from any location.
  • Large amount of storage available.
  • We have not encountered any areas that we feel need to be improved.
Dropbox is highly effective for teams who are working from multiple locations. Especially during the pandemic, this has proved to be an invaluable tool for us. I’m not quite sure how we would have completed some projects without this tool. Perhaps if everyone was in an office environment again this feature would not be quite as useful.
I need to share files with a number of collaborators outside my organization and that's what we mainly use it for. We need it for very large files depicting contemporary fine artwork. We work with museums and very high end collectors. We don't have lots of departments, only one, and we all work remotely. We were working remotely before the pandemic.
  • I like that I know where items will be when I download them. With other services, sometimes I don't know where the downloads go.
  • I like the option to be able to have everything online only in case I need to save room on my laptop.
  • I like the option to have real-time syncing between my desktop and the folders in Dropbox.
  • I deeply dislike the navigation. I find it very clunky and hard and not intuitive. A few years ago Dropbox redesigned its navigation and I'm frequently at a loss to figure out where to access the option I need.
  • It should be quicker and easier to figure out how to send a file. I wish I could do that from the drop-down menu in my taskbar under the Dropbox logo.
  • I wish I had the option under the same drop-down menu in my taskbar under the Dropbox logo to go to where the files are on my laptop, which I find much easier to navigate.
We love using it to manage large files. We don't use it so much for collaboration, but that's not quite where our needs lie. We don't use the collaborative spaces, or the work spaces, so I'm not sure our opinion is best for that functionality. Dropbox also works well as a way to send large files but also as a way to manage them and keep them in the cloud. It's really the main tool we use for those purposes.
Dropbox Business is being used in our organization to share files between individuals and external contacts. It solves the issue of not having to give non-domain users access to our internal network, opening up security issues. It also allows us to not have to upgrade server storage on site.
  • Sharing
  • Storage
  • Syncing to PC
  • Pricing structure
  • Maybe add Active Directory (AD) integration
Dropbox Business is well suited for scenarios where internal network storage space is limited. This eliminates the need to have to upgrade internal infrastructure. It's also well suited to share files with external customers or partners, especially large files that don't fit over email.
It's probably less appropriate for a very small business that doesn't need to incur additional costs.
Dropbox Business is being used by our entire organization. Dropbox Business offers sharing and storing of files and collaborating tools. We get 5TB of space with our Standard Plan and it has easy-to-use team management and collaboration tools. While they offer other plans depending on your business size, the standard plan offers quite a bit of storage.
  • Collaborating tools makes it easy for working on projects with team members remotely.
  • 5 TB of storage offers quite a bit of space to utilize.
  • Having a team management feature offers user friendly and efficient working space.
  • Allowing more than one admin would be great.
Dropbox Business is well suited for centralizing all of our organization's files and data in a single place so anyone can work on them. You can control access, length of access, and how they can access them. You receive 180 days of history so you can restore any previous files if needed too. Working remotely and being able to access files in the same area makes working more efficient.
Julian Jordan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox Business is used across my organization widely. We trust Dropbox to store all our business data safely and with an instant backup and it allows us to share files in real-time. We don't use email to send documents, we just update the document and it's available for all shared users. It also allows each user to keep documents private but with a backup easy to restore.
  • Sharing files
  • Saving older versions of each file
  • Sharing files with external users by link
  • Sharing files with people outside your organization can be troublesome for external users, many report difficulties accessing the files
  • The Paper app is a great idea but very poor in features, making it useless
  • Changing the place you store your data locally could be difficult and lengthy
It's great for storing and sharing files across the organization. When a team needs to access files frequently, the latest version is always on your computer. No need to make any manual processes. It's not appropriate though if you want to modify the same file at the same moment. Conflict copies will appear and it gets complicated.
Sean Patterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dropbox Business to maintain a variety of documents for both internal and external use with our clients. It allows us to share things easily with our clients as well as provide light collaboration with the Google Doc integration that is available within Dropbox. We also can synchronize certain projects on our computers using the desktop tool.
  • Sharing with Clients
  • Organization of Documents
  • Get Details on Files
  • Google Doc Integration
  • Document Searching
  • Desktop Tool Robustness
Dropbox Business is well suited when you need to organize files that need to be shared amongst a group of people. It has the added benefit of automatically providing documents. Dropbox Business has a great granular level of security, as well as the ability to provide an upload folder for your clients to send files with. Dropbox Business is less appropriate if you need to do collaborative editing on a document. While there is Google Doc integration, it is a little difficult to get set up and running consistently.
We use Dropbox Business throughout our organization. We build templated apps for third-party clients and the work that we do requires the creation and storage of a high volume of creative assets. Dropbox Business gives us a central storage location that our whole team can easily access. Everyone has visibility into our Dropbox and no one has to keep large design files on their local drives.
  • Ease of use - Dropbox provides a simple interface that most team members and clients are already familiar with.
  • The ability to have Dropbox folders accessible from Finder makes it seem like your cloud storage is local but you don’t take up space on your hard drive.
  • Dropbox makes it easy to share files with anyone.
  • Initial setup of the Dropbox app has been tricky for some of our less tech-savvy team members.
  • It’d be great to have the ability to create a custom link for assets/folders instead of just having the randomly generated url.
Dropbox Business provides a simple and cost-effective way to store and share files. It’s especially helpful for teams who create larger files (raw design files for example) and for teams who often need to share large files with people outside the organization. It also saves a lot of time since multiple people can have access to the same folders. I don’t even have to send my team a link to an asset; I can just tell them it’s in Dropbox and they know where to find it.

I think most teams would find this tool to be valuable. The only scenario I can think of where it is less appropriate is for teams who just don’t have many files to store.
Used in key business areas where easily external sharing, controlled access, and easy user experience are required. Dropbox Business solves for a very easy user experience when we just want it to work, but also allows for controls, data loss prevention, and quality reporting on use at a reasonable price.
  • Ease of use
  • Quality of reporting
  • Simple administration
  • Sometimes customer support is lacking
Dropbox Business is perfect for marketing jobs, file submissions for project requests from our advertising teams and media groups. It's expensive though when compared to other bundles like Office 365 so it's more niche use for when we need very easy high quality, simple file sharing.
It is currently used by the entire organization, helping to keep all business information backed up in a secure place.
  • Very effective mobility.
  • Fast file transfer.
  • Ample storage for robust information.
  • Device synchronization.
  • Security in stored files.
  • Creation of backup copies.
I would recommend Dropbox Business for companies that manage confidential information that is protected in the work teams of each of the users and require a backup of said information, preventing the loss of content in the event of an incident.
We have numerous documents that need to be shared with and signed by our clients. These documents, need to be securely stored and shared as they contain sensitive information about the clients and their 401k plans. Also, we can share weekly reports and testing results for their 401k plans. Again, all of this data needs to be protected as there is sensitive information about clients' officers and management teams. The reports may have PII data about the plan participants.
  • Share documents.
  • Store documents.
  • Document collaboration.
  • Better password management.
  • Easier SSO.
I can access my Dropbox from anywhere. That is nice because I may be out and only have my mobile device with me and I need to take care of something for a client. I can provide faster turnarounds. Data privacy and protection are key and Dropbox provides that. Our reports contain sensitive PII and financial data and we must make sure they are safeguarded at all times. Dropbox also lets us meet and comply with various cybersecurity laws like GDPR.
I am a recruiter, so I store all my resumes using Dropbox.
  • organizes files by folders
  • easy to access
  • saves disk space
  • search functions
  • report building
Small businesses, like mine, looking for efficient ways to store and retrieve files.
[Dropbox Business] is used as an enterprise document storage platform, by all of our organization. Provides a secure cloud storage platform accessible over multiple devices including laptop and mobile. Accessed via Single Sign On and provides the necessary assurance of being a secure platform approved internally for use by the organization.
  • Document sharing with external parties.
  • Accessible over various devices so handy if you don't have your own machine, as long as you use Single Sign on and 2FA.
  • Co-editing of documents is a great feature.
  • Sometimes it can feel a lesser experience when accessing Dropbox Business through windows explorer compared to web access. Creating parity between the two so it looks the same would be an improvement but I would imagine it's designed more to access straight from a browser.
As an enterprise tool it's excellent and does exactly what it's supposed to do. Provides the tool for securely storing your documents and the speed of accessing the documents is really good too. There are occasions whereby sending large files over email isn't always possible and some organizations have a restriction on file sizes, therefore sharing a document or several via a dropbox link makes things much easier and allows a convenient and simple workaround to achieve access.
The company uses Dropbox to securely share files with users and partners. It really helps if there are confidential documents that need to be shared. By adding the person to share the files or documents via email address it ensures you have to have access to the email the file or documents are being shared with.
  • Dropbox is easy to add users.
  • Dropbox makes it easy to share and store files and documents.
  • Dropbox is also very easy to deprovision.
  • I haven't had issues where the current functions are not working the way I need them to.
Working with partners outside the company, having saved a specific file / document I was able to share the file / document just by adding the partner's email address to share with. Since they didn't have a Dropbox account they followed the instructions that were sent to them after I added the email to be able to access [it] [and they were able to access the file / document.
We originally started to use Dropbox Business as a solution to share data with other external users, consultants, and customers. We really loved using this tool in the beginning as it was easy to share large files, but when sharing to users that do not have enough storage on their personal account. It turned into more unnecessary work. But I love the secure sharing features that it provides and allows you to password protect as well as expire the link. Those are features that have been available for years.
One way we like to use it create a shared folder for a specific need and provide read/write access to non-pro users to access it. This works just fine as most company users do not have the need for the premium features and this helps with cost and efficiency.
We are now using Microsoft SharePoint/OneDrive a little more but always go back to Dropbox when need to share securely. If wanting to purchase this product, please use a trial and have a plan prior to starting to make sure the features you need and want will work well for your organization, before spending the money on the annual subscription.
  • Secure File Sharing with external users
  • Share link expiration
  • User control
  • Keeps track of user file changes
  • When dropbox.com detects a user creating an account, it will suggest to have your IT department add you as a user
  • Not require the external user that is trying to access the shared date to have enough available storage
  • Reconfigure the folder structure for sharing
  • In order to configure your company branding, you need to have a certain amount of paid users under the account
Dropbox Business is still very useful when sharing secure data with external users and providing them with a password and link expiration. I still think that this is a secure way of sharing data. I normally share the link via a new email and if the possibility is available, text the password to the user.
Sharing data internally is not ideal as we can now use Office 365 SharePoint/OneDrive which is making things a lot easier for us as a company.