Dropbox Business Reviews

Jonah Dempcy | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 05, 2020

Robust SDK Integration, Quick Sync, and Good For Delivery to External Clients

We use Dropbox both for occasional internal file storage, external file delivery to clients, as well as integration with ebook reading applications as a convenient way to load EPUB and PDF books into an app. For internal file storage, we do not use it very much. We use it more for delivering assets to clients. And, finally, we have Dropbox integration into our applications which allows users to easily import ebooks.
  • Block-level sync and sync customization options.
  • Easily manage shared folders.
  • Cost is higher than some competitors for similar service.
  • Not as many third-party integrations as some competitors.
It is well-suited when security is a priority, as it is highly secure. It is also well-suited when you have a higher budget and need a more robust featureset than some of its more affordable competitors. Given its market share, it is also appropriate to use Dropbox where you have a wide array of clients, because chances are, many of them will already be using it.
Read Jonah Dempcy's full review
Andy Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 31, 2020

DropBox Business is Great for Media Projects

I use it internally to back up my files. I like to work from anywhere and DropBox allows me to keep all my big files in the cloud and not have to carry around a laptop with a lot of memory to work on projects. I sync only the files I'm working on during a project. It's great when working for or with clients and other virtual assistants. The most obvious case is when we are creating a video. We keep all the media files in a folder for the project and we all work out of that folder. The videographer can upload the footage to the folder, then the editor will use the footage from that folder. Then if there is another editor to finalize things, they will have access to all the original files and project files so that they can easily make changes. DropBox for business also allows me to add team members so that they can share the massive storage we pay for. When they are done with a project I can remove them from the team and remove all the files from their device they used to connect to the shared folder. I also use DropBox to back up documents and media from different computers. That way there is a central library that I can find everything I need.
  • Sync files that you're currently working on onto a device
  • Removing files from devices remotely
  • File previews. Dropbox is not the best at allowing you to preview the file. A lot of times people will have to download the file to view it. We've done video work and the client will review it with the Dropbox preview and the quality is very low. This causes the client to thing the video file is low quality.
  • Pricing is a bit on the high side compared to other cloud storage solutions.
I think in most cases with the circles that I run in, that DropBox Business is a great solution. It works on all kinds of devices and also from a web browser. It can hold any kind of file you want to throw in it. The sync options are robust and work really well. It's amazing for people who work remotely like I do. It's great for teams and collaborative projects. I would say it's not appropriate for businesses that are really small, not media heavy and are already using a solution like Google Drive for their cloud file storage needs. It does start at a higher price point for their lowest plan. I guess they justify the price with the features. I've never had to contact customer support for anything in the 10+ years I've used DropBox.
Read Andy Ryan's full review
Veronika Baranovska | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 09, 2020

Dropbox is easily one of the best cloud storage solutions in the world today!

Dropbox Business is used by our Product and Design teams to showcase the work they're doing. It's a useful tool for sharing and previewing large files as well as collaborating once feedback is received.

We used to use Dropbox across the whole organisation but that changed due to overhead costs.
  • Great tool for previewing large files and sharing them quickly with people in and out of the organisation.
  • Good collaboration tools - it's simple to give feedback during revisions.
  • Nice UI and search function so it's easy to find files you're looking for.
  • Some PDF previews can be a bit wonky in terms of colour, but downloading the file and viewing it fixes that issue.
  • Overhead costs for larger organisations.
If you're looking for a reliable and safe place to store your files, Dropbox is definitely an option you should consider. It makes it simple to share and review different types of files and you can use it to streamline your whole revision process.

However, the overhead costs can be an issue if you want to use the tool across your growing company because most people simply need to have access and are not necessarily using the tool at all.

Due to our company growing, we switched to Google Drive which is free, however, the search function and folder structure are pretty messy! If cost were no object for the company, I'd choose Dropbox in a heartbeat (just like I do for my personal work).
Read Veronika Baranovska's full review
Charles Combs | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 02, 2020

Dropbox is key for our business

We use Dropbox Business for all of our important files that required shared access. Internal employees, customers, and other 3rd parties all have varying levels of access to files in our Dropbox Business account. It makes it easy to share photos with creative teams, spreadsheets with wholesale customers, files for download to retail customers, and so on.
  • User and group permissions are straightforward and easy to use
  • Creating a link to share files takes no time at all and is easily revoked
  • Web and desktop apps work seamlessly
  • Smart Sync and Selective Sync allow you to save hard drive space by selecting what you need to sync
  • They need to fix the ._Filename.doc (or any other file type) issue on the web version when syncing from Macs.
Any business that needs to sync files and create shareable folders should consider Dropbox Business. We once "lost" hundreds of files because we didn't set our employee permissions properly, and someone accidentally deleted an important folder from their desktop. The Dropbox support team worked with us to figure out the day and time this happened and then rolled back our account to fix the issue. It feels good to know even when we mess up. Our files are still safe and accessible.
Read Charles Combs's full review
Chad Carman | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

Must-have cloud storage

Our marketing department currently uses Dropbox Business to facilitate large file data transfers, proofing, and overall content storage. It facilitates both internal use as a repository and external use for sharing content. Our organization is a content powerhouse, so having an easy system to use is critical for efficiency in our work.
  • Easy sharing
  • Simple categorization of assets
  • Starting to be blocked by certain agencies and companies
  • No real categorization feature like a mainstream DAM
Dropbox Business is well suited for just about any company. In this day and age, I can’t imagine that any company would not have large-scale data storage needs that would have to be available on the cloud.
Read Chad Carman's full review
Prathamesh Muzumdar | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2020

Dropbox Business an effective tool for file collaboration and syncing

Dropbox Business is used across all verticals in my organization. It
is a one-stop solution for file storing and sharing. It is very flexible and
stable when it comes to transferring large size files and documents. From the point of view security, it provides a great platform to store proprietary information using encryption key security. Such features are critical in helping organizations to trust and migrate exhaustively to cloud storage like Dropbox Business. Smart sync feature in the Dropbox Business allows you to sync and autosave files from your desktop to the cloud. This way, an auto backup is created the moment you start working on a file. Dropbox Business allows you to add members and share your folder with others. Dropbox Business integrates well with enterprise software, where information collaboration can take place across different software.

• Collaboration is very fast and secured.
  • Document storage is seamless with auto arrange. Folder views are very graphical, and navigation is easy.
  • Dropbox Business mobile phone app needs continuous updates, and the app only works after update.
  • No traceability or tracking logs, this is a major issue.
Dropbox is an excellent channel for file sharing and collaboration. We share files across many verticals, and dropbox is excellent for that purpose. Very effective file encryption for security works well when you have more than 800 users using the channel at the same time. Auto-sync is a great feature. Your desktop client syncs and backups your files daily. Working with Dropbox with anything other than your laptop is a big challenge. The smartphone app is hard to use, very frequent updates that lead to disruption in sync and file share. File previews are not good, very blurry, and hard to read. Also, no tracking logs to keep a record of the file transfer.
Read Prathamesh Muzumdar's full review
Janaye Steadman | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2020

Dropbox Business is a mic drop.

We use Dropbox Business across our business. We are a small business, running social media - that means a LOT of content to store and share. Dropbox business has made this so much easier for us - especially the sharing part. We are so much more organized than before, and that is one of the greatest features. Another reason we love it is that we are able to share files (singe files) with clients with ease.
  • Ease of sharing files.
  • Ease of editing one document between several users.
  • Better training for new users when setting up Dropbox Business (it is slightly different from the personal version).
Because it is a paid service, it may not be the most beneficial for some small businesses. Especially if a business does not have many files to store/share, then I could see this being overkill. Google Drive would probably suit that situation. If you DO store/share a lot of files, then this is an excellent option. I especially LOVE that I can view all files on my desktop but I don't have to STORE them on my computer's storage (you can sync them only online). This is useful too because when switching between devices I always have everything I need.
Read Janaye Steadman's full review
Kirsten Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Product, Easy to Use

We use Dropbox Business for our whole organization. We are a farm so it can be hard to get everyone together during our busy seasons. One of the main uses we have for Dropbox is for our PO system. It is much cheaper than purchasing a PO system and much more user friendly.
  • User friendly
  • Affordable
  • More editing options
  • More traceability options--as in who did what, when
We are working with farmers, so getting them to do anything with paperwork is challenging. It is really convenient for them to be able to submit paperwork and info from their phones, rather than having to stop everything and come to the office. There is a learning curve if they are not tech-savvy, but it is really simple to use.
Read Kirsten Rodriguez's full review
Angel Rojas | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

A comfortable way for file transactions.

Dropbox Business has been an attractive work solution due to its vast availability to allow me stability when transferring all types of files or documents. I am delighted with what I have achieved with the help of this platform. Since day after day, I can store important information related to my work area, in a cloud that adds an encryption key security, and which protects 100% of all my information, I will continue using Dropbox Business to continue obtaining these fantastic benefits.
  • File transactions to some other employee using the Dropbox network is extremely fast, achieving effectiveness at all times.
  • Dropbox Business design provides comfort for anyone who uses it.
  • You cannot download files that are already stored in the cloud, from the Desktop App, only new files can be uploaded.
  • The mobile phone app cannot be used if it is not updated.
Dropbox Business is a comfortable platform. It's a way of transferring files almost instantaneously, which is what most attracts the attention of companies. This platform has excellent security for each file that is stored, ensuring that the information always remains private until an administrator's permission is granted. You can access any file, just having the Dropbox App, and it can be accessed from anywhere.
Read Angel Rojas's full review
Adriana Paez | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

Dropbox, the good and the not-so-good

Dropbox Business is used by certain departments, as a cloud-based platform solution to centralized data center, allowing access to users from their PCs or smartphones. Users can sync and share their files with other users. Dropbox allows sharing and collaboration of larger files. It is an efficient tool and most individuals are already familiar with it.
  • Allows for sync and sharing of large files.
  • Good as a collaboration tool.
  • Sometimes we cannot find specific tabs which make it difficult to locate previous versions of our files or files that have been deleted.
  • One needs to purchase more storage if they want to go beyond the free GB of storage allocated.
In the scenario where an enterprise has its own cloud solution that allows for instant collaboration, then Dropbox might not be the best option. I would recommend Dropbox especially if collaborating with individuals outside of one's organization, as sharing links to internal cloud solutions may be simpler than using Dropbox, where you have to login/logout.
Read Adriana Paez's full review
Heather Frick | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 05, 2020

Dropbox Business = Document Collaboration

Dropbox Business is used in my organization both to house company documents and for project collaboration. Although it is used by the company as a whole, it is used to a greater extent by departments where team members are spread throughout the country and need to collaborate on documents or share documents easily. Dropbox Business allows this to happen easily.
  • Collaboration.
  • Document storage.
  • Price - other programs do similar functions for cheaper.
  • Functionality is not as intuitive.
Dropbox Business is excellent for situations when you need to share or collaborate on projects with others who work in various locations. Additionally, people outside the company can be given access to specific documents or folders, making it easy to collaborate on projects with other businesses as well. Dropbox Business may be less appropriate if you are looking to create documents or projects directly from this program. To my knowledge, it does not have the capability to create documents within the program.
Read Heather Frick's full review
Jess Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 31, 2020

Dropbox helps us to share and be productive

It is used across the company. It is part of our standard software tools that are installed on everyone's laptop.

I am part of our sales team. I use it to store proposals, presentations, and signed contracts. Our consultants use it for client deliverables. We use it to share documents internally and externally.
  • I can quickly share documents by copying the link.
  • It allows me to recover old/deleted versions of files.
  • I wish searching through deleted files to recover them was easier.
  • It isn't clear to me when Dropbox creates a new link when you overwrite a file, so sometimes I send clients the old link and it's no longer valid.
I find it's really good at sharing files, especially outside the company. I like the ability to open File Explorer locally so I can see where a file is stored. I also like the fact that I can connect my Microsoft Office account and open documents/spreadsheets directly from Dropbox in those apps.

I'd like some better search functionality. Maybe some reporting on when people access/download my files.
Read Jess Johnson's full review
David Renberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

Great software at some expense

Dropbox Business is being used by our company to collaborate across agents and teams. We have common shared resource folders, and I manage personal folders that they only have access to. It helps us easily exchange data across the many geographic areas we service. It is being used by the entire team, and is imperative to our operations.
  • The desktop application is really great, it integrates well with normal OS file finders.
  • The speed is great. Changes are made live, and there is no lag between computers.
  • It is expensive. We are paying per user and each user gets a portion of shared data. I would love to see a feature where there is a lower per user fee and a per data fee. We are paying for 8 terabytes that we don't need right now.
  • There is a learning curve to understand how it works. Not sure it could be more intuitive, but some of our team members have struggled.
Dropbox Business is well suited for any sized organization looking to collaborate across multiple devices and have a cloud based backup. It seems to me to be suited for both very large organizations, and very small, and everything in between. The admin controls are very good to help keep people out of files they shouldn't be in.
Read David Renberg's full review
Jason Galati | TrustRadius Reviewer

Dropbox Business - Great for file storage and online collaboration

Dropbox Business is used to by our entire organization. It allows us to remotely save files and have those files available for other users immediately. Instead of attaching files to emails, which makes the emails large, we attach links to the Dropbox files for easy access. The ample storage space also allows for less usage of our internal server storage.
  • File collaboration
  • Remote Access
  • Make the process of sending file path simpler and intuitive.
  • Price is expensive. Lower price would be good and attract more users.
Dropbox Business is an excellent way of sharing, sending, and editing files. I like that this tool is available from any device and PC. Dropbox keeps everything in one place without using emails to stay in touch with others. Also, whenever there are some updates within the files or folders, an email notification is sent about the changes. This is great because we don’t have to actively check it to see whether or not there are changes. Again, the price is high and may not be suited for small business on a fixed budget.
Read Jason Galati's full review
Ali Rauch | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

Love the capability, accessibility & security of Dropbox Business.

Our department utilizes Dropbox Business to have easy access to our files across all of our traveling team members. The smart sync feature allows us to see all the files without locally storing them, which allows our team to have smaller, lightweight laptops that don't weigh down their bags while walking through the airport. The search functionality is also fantastic. As long as we've named the files well, our team can typically locate the file even if someone else created it. The ease of use, accessibility, and storage capabilities make Dropbox Business a no brainer with our large brand and marketing related files.
  • Smart Sync
  • Search Functionality
  • Sometimes the syncing doesn't work correctly, especially during initial setup, and it, in turn, makes our team's computers go haywire until we're able to jump in and fix it.
  • I wish I could prevent people from deleting things. We've run into trouble when someone's computer starts to be "too full," and they'd remove locally, not realizing it deleted for all. Smart Sync has helped with that, but still a risk.
  • Dropbox Business is well suited for: Traveling teams, large art files, marketing departments, people who need access anywhere, tech-savvy people, and more.
  • Dropbox Business is not well suited for: Super secure systems (I don't have problems, but my IT guy doesn't love that I use it), real-time edits by numerous users, nontech savvy people, etc.
Read Ali Rauch's full review
Lee Wheeler | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 07, 2020

Love Dropbox Business!

We LOVE Dropbox Business! Cloud storage and file sharing couldn’t be easier! Having files available & synced on my multiple devices is a huge time saver!
  • Cloud storage of files
  • Simple interface for sharing files
  • Incredibly easy file sync across multiple devices
  • Large storage and larger upgrades available!
  • Great integration options with tools we use
  • Price for business plans
Dropbox Business is ideal for businesses that want secure cloud file storage and easy file sharing for people within the organization.
Read Lee Wheeler's full review
Bil Thompson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2020

Drop your files in Dropbox Business

Dropbox Business allows us to share files with each other, customers, and vendors. This helps us because we work with many people that we can't just go see. So the ability to share drawings, files, pictures, and videos is essential to moving a project forward. Dropbox helps us do that and makes sure we can access the information anywhere we can get online.
  • The ability to share information.
  • You can invite others to your files.
  • You can keep the information separate and limit who gets access to what.
  • The interface has been a little clunky at times and any time it updates you may have to relearn how to use it.
Dropbox Business is great for getting larger files back and forth between people. We use it because we have a team on the road and they can share pictures to it with our team in the office. Also, customers or vendors have used Dropbox to share files with us as well. This is especially useful for sharing videos, which we need to see how machinery is functioning to understand if there are issues with it.
Read Bil Thompson's full review
March 02, 2020

Great Product for Multi-User Sharing

Dropbox is used as a cloud-based file management tool for most of our organization. We use it both as a backup and as a way to share information easily without email attachments. We also occasionally use it for sharing large files or folders with outside vendors or other organizations. This is particularly handy with albums of photos.
  • Backup information.
  • Makes collaboration and sharing documents easy.
  • Compatible with lots of tech including phones, laptops, etc.
  • It can be a bit slow to navigate when you have a large amount of folders backed up.
  • Automatic imports can be a bit worrisome when sharing content.
  • Tough for some older users.
Dropbox is well-suited for backing up information and sharing it throughout an entire team without having to use email attachments. It is perfectly suited for multiple devices and the automatic backup features help data to be backed up very easily. The tool could be a bit more user-friendly for me.
February 26, 2020

With Dropbox Business, your business will never drop the ball!

Dropbox Business was (and still is) being used for safe file storage and easy and comfortable file exchange. It allowed us to use shared files between locations and devices quickly. We have been using it on several web-browsers as well as on mobile devices. Windows plugin that enabled shared folders inside native Windows File Explorer was especially useful as it allowed us to very quickly and comfortably accessed the files. Live-sharing and live-control over our shared files collection were superb, and real-time synchronization between devices using the same account was excellent.
  • Real-life access to shared files folder between devices
  • Great native apps for iOS, Android, Windows, macOS
  • Easy file sharing and management
  • Remote control, allowing the user to erase stolen quickly, lost or damaged devices
  • Sometimes synchronization has to be manually triggered by launching the Dropbox app on mobile devices.
  • Mobile devices - some of them don't let the app run in the background due to the batter saving modes - but that is those devices settings, not the Dropbox issue.
  • Dropbox Business is very well suited for all environments, where a lot of images are being taken. They are quickly accessible on all devices accessing that account, so they work great while doing visual documentation while capturing industrial processes, etc.
  • There are two scenarios where I would not be using Dropbox:
  • - working with medical projects - as far as I know, Dropbox security is not certified for medical records. Hence I would not be keeping data regarding medical projects there.
  • -using a lot of Word and Excel documents - as far as Dropbox Business can use deep-linked native apps on mobile devices. It means going from one app to another; I would stick to Google Drive if I would need a solution for storing and sharing a lot of Google-suite documents.
February 25, 2020

Dropbox for Business... for you!

We use Dropbox for storage and secure sharing of large files.
  • Good price for cloud storage space.
  • Easy to share secure files.
  • Doesn't translate to mobile as well as some other similar services.
It has good integration with Windows interface. Like many cloud storage services, you can sync the files directly to a folder in Windows. This allows you to upload or remove files without even opening any Dropbox app or website, just manipulate the files directly on your PC.
February 24, 2020

No Brainer Cloud Storage Choice

Dropbox Business is used to sync files across multiple users' computers, and the entire organization uses it. We also use it to send large files to people outside of the organization rather than trying through email. Dropbox Business serves as a cloud-based backup for our files and a central location for anyone in the organization to locate images, documents, or software they need to install.
  • Quick and easy synchronization to the cloud
  • Ability to access information across platforms
  • Price compared to other options
  • Being able to handle communication over a VPN
If they need cloud-based storage, then I recommend Dropbox Business. There is a ton of storage, it's the easiest platform to use, and the integration into Windows and Mac OS is excellent. It can also generate links to files if you want to share them with other people. Plus, if other people in your organization are already using it, it's a must-have.
February 12, 2020

Dropbox Business Review

We use Dropbox Business in order to store all of the pictures that we take at events, or have been taken for us. The students constantly want to see the pictures that may have been taken of them and Dropbox makes it easy to organize and sort through when the pictures were taken and what event was attended. It solves the business problems of organization and attention to detail.
  • Organization
  • Ample storage
  • The price is a bit high
  • If someones sends you a Dropbox link to a certain email, others cannot open it
It is great to be used in companies that need organization of files. If you have a lot of documents that needed to be sorted, while also being private, Dropbox Business is a great software to use. It may not be great to use if you are a company that constantly needs to send secure files to clients.
February 04, 2020

Dropbox Business

We use Dropbox Business to share all of our company files, and the files of our clients. It's seamless across our devices, and easy to create and share links for external users. Dropbox Business has come a long way and added a ton of new features that makes it indispensable for us.
  • Store and share files
  • Allow collaboration for remote workers
  • The mobile version could be a bit faster
  • Lower cost per user would be nice
Dropbox Business is excellent for companies that have more than three people needing to access files at the same time. It would be perfect for any company with remote workers, or people who need to access files on the go from any device. It's also great for sharing externally with clients.
February 04, 2020

Dropbox for Business - Hard Not to Like It!

• We use Dropbox Business when clients want to share files with us. It is used on a lawyer by lawyer basis depending on what file-sharing software a client has chosen to implement.
  • The business problem it addresses is that sometimes clients need to share files with us that are too large to fit into an e-mail (usually e-mails get rejected if the file is over 20 gigabytes, although this varies slightly by an organization).
  • File sharing between a client and their external professionals.
  • Implicitly results in the user creating a cleaned-up set of data files, since you don't want to share non-material and personal files with other business users.
  • More appropriate for small organizations than large organizations.
  • It is intended for file-sharing - not a formal document management system that a law firm or an accounting firm would typically use.
Dropbox Business is well suited for smaller organizations sharing files with their outside professionals and consultants. For example, I have a small (50 employee) energy client that uses Dropbox Business to share land documents with me as their outside lawyer. It would be cumbersome to share these files by e-mail because:
  • the file size may be too large for e-mail;
  • the files may change from time to time - it is easier to send me a log-in, and then I can find the most current documents on the Dropbox Business site; and
  • the file structure on Dropbox Business tends to be more organized than a large volume of files just attached to an e-mail.
January 28, 2020

Solid, reliable, and fast document sharing platform!

Our team needed a document storage platform that was familiar, easy to use with a clean UI and robust security to meet our vendor requirements. The types of documents we needed to store were mainly PDFs, images and some Excel worksheets. Our team is remote and needed a solution that allowed for near-real-time synchronization and accessibility on numerous devices to cater to the needs of both Mac and PC users along with some mobile device access where required. We found Dropbox Business to check off all those boxes despite our email being GSuite and us having free access to Google Drive, the preferred solution was Dropbox Business after testing some use cases with our team.
  • Real time synchronization.
  • Robust security with 2FA.
Dropbox Business ticked off all the right boxes for us except for the lack of a built-in editor similar to Google Drive/Google Docs, the solution is robust enough for most businesses and had solid security features for the most demanding environments. The common and user-friendly interface means that little to no training is required which definitely speeds up adoption by our teams. The sharing ability also allows us to seamlessly share files with customers with a lot of granularity on the options.

Versioning (71)
Video files (84)
Audio files (78)
Document collaboration (84)
Access control (91)
File search (92)
Device sync (89)
9.4
User and role management (85)
File organization (91)
Device management (80)
Performance (92)
Reliability (92)
9.4
Storage Reports (65)

About Dropbox Business

Dropbox Business expands on the company's cloud storage service by providing additional features, such as lost file recovery for an extended period, integration with popular office suites (e.g. Office 365), the Dropbox Paper collaboration extension, two-factor authentication (2FA) and single sign-on (SSO), tiered administrator controls and granular permission sharing, remote device wipe, API, and other features of use to larger groups and businesses.