Dropbox Business Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Jonah Dempcy | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dropbox both for occasional internal file storage, external file delivery to clients, as well as integration with ebook reading applications as a convenient way to load EPUB and PDF books into an app. For internal file storage, we do not use it very much. We use it more for delivering assets to clients. And, finally, we have Dropbox integration into our applications which allows users to easily import ebooks.
  • Block-level sync and sync customization options.
  • Easily manage shared folders.
  • Cost is higher than some competitors for similar service.
  • Not as many third-party integrations as some competitors.
It is well-suited when security is a priority, as it is highly secure. It is also well-suited when you have a higher budget and need a more robust featureset than some of its more affordable competitors. Given its market share, it is also appropriate to use Dropbox where you have a wide array of clients, because chances are, many of them will already be using it.
Read Jonah Dempcy's full review
Andy Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it internally to back up my files. I like to work from anywhere and DropBox allows me to keep all my big files in the cloud and not have to carry around a laptop with a lot of memory to work on projects. I sync only the files I'm working on during a project. It's great when working for or with clients and other virtual assistants. The most obvious case is when we are creating a video. We keep all the media files in a folder for the project and we all work out of that folder. The videographer can upload the footage to the folder, then the editor will use the footage from that folder. Then if there is another editor to finalize things, they will have access to all the original files and project files so that they can easily make changes. DropBox for business also allows me to add team members so that they can share the massive storage we pay for. When they are done with a project I can remove them from the team and remove all the files from their device they used to connect to the shared folder. I also use DropBox to back up documents and media from different computers. That way there is a central library that I can find everything I need.
  • Sync files that you're currently working on onto a device
  • Removing files from devices remotely
  • File previews. Dropbox is not the best at allowing you to preview the file. A lot of times people will have to download the file to view it. We've done video work and the client will review it with the Dropbox preview and the quality is very low. This causes the client to thing the video file is low quality.
  • Pricing is a bit on the high side compared to other cloud storage solutions.
I think in most cases with the circles that I run in, that DropBox Business is a great solution. It works on all kinds of devices and also from a web browser. It can hold any kind of file you want to throw in it. The sync options are robust and work really well. It's amazing for people who work remotely like I do. It's great for teams and collaborative projects. I would say it's not appropriate for businesses that are really small, not media heavy and are already using a solution like Google Drive for their cloud file storage needs. It does start at a higher price point for their lowest plan. I guess they justify the price with the features. I've never had to contact customer support for anything in the 10+ years I've used DropBox.
Read Andy Ryan's full review
Chad Carman | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

Must-have cloud storage

Our marketing department currently uses Dropbox Business to facilitate large file data transfers, proofing, and overall content storage. It facilitates both internal use as a repository and external use for sharing content. Our organization is a content powerhouse, so having an easy system to use is critical for efficiency in our work.
  • Easy sharing
  • Simple categorization of assets
  • Starting to be blocked by certain agencies and companies
  • No real categorization feature like a mainstream DAM
Dropbox Business is well suited for just about any company. In this day and age, I can’t imagine that any company would not have large-scale data storage needs that would have to be available on the cloud.
Read Chad Carman's full review
Prathamesh Muzumdar | TrustRadius Reviewer

Dropbox Business is used across all verticals in my organization. It
is a one-stop solution for file storing and sharing. It is very flexible and
stable when it comes to transferring large size files and documents. From the point of view security, it provides a great platform to store proprietary information using encryption key security. Such features are critical in helping organizations to trust and migrate exhaustively to cloud storage like Dropbox Business. Smart sync feature in the Dropbox Business allows you to sync and autosave files from your desktop to the cloud. This way, an auto backup is created the moment you start working on a file. Dropbox Business allows you to add members and share your folder with others. Dropbox Business integrates well with enterprise software, where information collaboration can take place across different software.

• Collaboration is very fast and secured.
  • Document storage is seamless with auto arrange. Folder views are very graphical, and navigation is easy.
  • Dropbox Business mobile phone app needs continuous updates, and the app only works after update.
  • No traceability or tracking logs, this is a major issue.
Dropbox is an excellent channel for file sharing and collaboration. We share files across many verticals, and dropbox is excellent for that purpose. Very effective file encryption for security works well when you have more than 800 users using the channel at the same time. Auto-sync is a great feature. Your desktop client syncs and backups your files daily. Working with Dropbox with anything other than your laptop is a big challenge. The smartphone app is hard to use, very frequent updates that lead to disruption in sync and file share. File previews are not good, very blurry, and hard to read. Also, no tracking logs to keep a record of the file transfer.
Read Prathamesh Muzumdar's full review
Janaye Steadman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dropbox Business across our business. We are a small business, running social media - that means a LOT of content to store and share. Dropbox business has made this so much easier for us - especially the sharing part. We are so much more organized than before, and that is one of the greatest features. Another reason we love it is that we are able to share files (singe files) with clients with ease.
  • Ease of sharing files.
  • Ease of editing one document between several users.
  • Better training for new users when setting up Dropbox Business (it is slightly different from the personal version).
Because it is a paid service, it may not be the most beneficial for some small businesses. Especially if a business does not have many files to store/share, then I could see this being overkill. Google Drive would probably suit that situation. If you DO store/share a lot of files, then this is an excellent option. I especially LOVE that I can view all files on my desktop but I don't have to STORE them on my computer's storage (you can sync them only online). This is useful too because when switching between devices I always have everything I need.
Read Janaye Steadman's full review
Kirsten Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dropbox Business for our whole organization. We are a farm so it can be hard to get everyone together during our busy seasons. One of the main uses we have for Dropbox is for our PO system. It is much cheaper than purchasing a PO system and much more user friendly.
  • User friendly
  • Affordable
  • More editing options
  • More traceability options--as in who did what, when
We are working with farmers, so getting them to do anything with paperwork is challenging. It is really convenient for them to be able to submit paperwork and info from their phones, rather than having to stop everything and come to the office. There is a learning curve if they are not tech-savvy, but it is really simple to use.
Read Kirsten Rodriguez's full review
Angel Rojas | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox Business has been an attractive work solution due to its vast availability to allow me stability when transferring all types of files or documents. I am delighted with what I have achieved with the help of this platform. Since day after day, I can store important information related to my work area, in a cloud that adds an encryption key security, and which protects 100% of all my information, I will continue using Dropbox Business to continue obtaining these fantastic benefits.
  • File transactions to some other employee using the Dropbox network is extremely fast, achieving effectiveness at all times.
  • Dropbox Business design provides comfort for anyone who uses it.
  • You cannot download files that are already stored in the cloud, from the Desktop App, only new files can be uploaded.
  • The mobile phone app cannot be used if it is not updated.
Dropbox Business is a comfortable platform. It's a way of transferring files almost instantaneously, which is what most attracts the attention of companies. This platform has excellent security for each file that is stored, ensuring that the information always remains private until an administrator's permission is granted. You can access any file, just having the Dropbox App, and it can be accessed from anywhere.
Read Angel Rojas's full review
Adriana Paez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox Business is used by certain departments, as a cloud-based platform solution to centralized data center, allowing access to users from their PCs or smartphones. Users can sync and share their files with other users. Dropbox allows sharing and collaboration of larger files. It is an efficient tool and most individuals are already familiar with it.
  • Allows for sync and sharing of large files.
  • Good as a collaboration tool.
  • Sometimes we cannot find specific tabs which make it difficult to locate previous versions of our files or files that have been deleted.
  • One needs to purchase more storage if they want to go beyond the free GB of storage allocated.
In the scenario where an enterprise has its own cloud solution that allows for instant collaboration, then Dropbox might not be the best option. I would recommend Dropbox especially if collaborating with individuals outside of one's organization, as sharing links to internal cloud solutions may be simpler than using Dropbox, where you have to login/logout.
Read Adriana Paez's full review
Heather Frick | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox Business is used in my organization both to house company documents and for project collaboration. Although it is used by the company as a whole, it is used to a greater extent by departments where team members are spread throughout the country and need to collaborate on documents or share documents easily. Dropbox Business allows this to happen easily.
  • Collaboration.
  • Document storage.
  • Price - other programs do similar functions for cheaper.
  • Functionality is not as intuitive.
Dropbox Business is excellent for situations when you need to share or collaborate on projects with others who work in various locations. Additionally, people outside the company can be given access to specific documents or folders, making it easy to collaborate on projects with other businesses as well. Dropbox Business may be less appropriate if you are looking to create documents or projects directly from this program. To my knowledge, it does not have the capability to create documents within the program.
Read Heather Frick's full review
Jess Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across the company. It is part of our standard software tools that are installed on everyone's laptop.

I am part of our sales team. I use it to store proposals, presentations, and signed contracts. Our consultants use it for client deliverables. We use it to share documents internally and externally.
  • I can quickly share documents by copying the link.
  • It allows me to recover old/deleted versions of files.
  • I wish searching through deleted files to recover them was easier.
  • It isn't clear to me when Dropbox creates a new link when you overwrite a file, so sometimes I send clients the old link and it's no longer valid.
I find it's really good at sharing files, especially outside the company. I like the ability to open File Explorer locally so I can see where a file is stored. I also like the fact that I can connect my Microsoft Office account and open documents/spreadsheets directly from Dropbox in those apps.

I'd like some better search functionality. Maybe some reporting on when people access/download my files.
Read Jess Johnson's full review
David Renberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox Business is being used by our company to collaborate across agents and teams. We have common shared resource folders, and I manage personal folders that they only have access to. It helps us easily exchange data across the many geographic areas we service. It is being used by the entire team, and is imperative to our operations.
  • The desktop application is really great, it integrates well with normal OS file finders.
  • The speed is great. Changes are made live, and there is no lag between computers.
  • It is expensive. We are paying per user and each user gets a portion of shared data. I would love to see a feature where there is a lower per user fee and a per data fee. We are paying for 8 terabytes that we don't need right now.
  • There is a learning curve to understand how it works. Not sure it could be more intuitive, but some of our team members have struggled.
Dropbox Business is well suited for any sized organization looking to collaborate across multiple devices and have a cloud based backup. It seems to me to be suited for both very large organizations, and very small, and everything in between. The admin controls are very good to help keep people out of files they shouldn't be in.
Read David Renberg's full review
Jason Galati | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox Business is used to by our entire organization. It allows us to remotely save files and have those files available for other users immediately. Instead of attaching files to emails, which makes the emails large, we attach links to the Dropbox files for easy access. The ample storage space also allows for less usage of our internal server storage.
  • File collaboration
  • Remote Access
  • Make the process of sending file path simpler and intuitive.
  • Price is expensive. Lower price would be good and attract more users.
Dropbox Business is an excellent way of sharing, sending, and editing files. I like that this tool is available from any device and PC. Dropbox keeps everything in one place without using emails to stay in touch with others. Also, whenever there are some updates within the files or folders, an email notification is sent about the changes. This is great because we don’t have to actively check it to see whether or not there are changes. Again, the price is high and may not be suited for small business on a fixed budget.
Read Jason Galati's full review
Ali Rauch | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our department utilizes Dropbox Business to have easy access to our files across all of our traveling team members. The smart sync feature allows us to see all the files without locally storing them, which allows our team to have smaller, lightweight laptops that don't weigh down their bags while walking through the airport. The search functionality is also fantastic. As long as we've named the files well, our team can typically locate the file even if someone else created it. The ease of use, accessibility, and storage capabilities make Dropbox Business a no brainer with our large brand and marketing related files.
  • Smart Sync
  • Search Functionality
  • Sometimes the syncing doesn't work correctly, especially during initial setup, and it, in turn, makes our team's computers go haywire until we're able to jump in and fix it.
  • I wish I could prevent people from deleting things. We've run into trouble when someone's computer starts to be "too full," and they'd remove locally, not realizing it deleted for all. Smart Sync has helped with that, but still a risk.
  • Dropbox Business is well suited for: Traveling teams, large art files, marketing departments, people who need access anywhere, tech-savvy people, and more.
  • Dropbox Business is not well suited for: Super secure systems (I don't have problems, but my IT guy doesn't love that I use it), real-time edits by numerous users, nontech savvy people, etc.
Read Ali Rauch's full review
Dropbox Business was (and still is) being used for safe file storage and easy and comfortable file exchange. It allowed us to use shared files between locations and devices quickly. We have been using it on several web-browsers as well as on mobile devices. Windows plugin that enabled shared folders inside native Windows File Explorer was especially useful as it allowed us to very quickly and comfortably accessed the files. Live-sharing and live-control over our shared files collection were superb, and real-time synchronization between devices using the same account was excellent.
  • Real-life access to shared files folder between devices
  • Great native apps for iOS, Android, Windows, macOS
  • Easy file sharing and management
  • Remote control, allowing the user to erase stolen quickly, lost or damaged devices
  • Sometimes synchronization has to be manually triggered by launching the Dropbox app on mobile devices.
  • Mobile devices - some of them don't let the app run in the background due to the batter saving modes - but that is those devices settings, not the Dropbox issue.
  • Dropbox Business is very well suited for all environments, where a lot of images are being taken. They are quickly accessible on all devices accessing that account, so they work great while doing visual documentation while capturing industrial processes, etc.
  • There are two scenarios where I would not be using Dropbox:
  • - working with medical projects - as far as I know, Dropbox security is not certified for medical records. Hence I would not be keeping data regarding medical projects there.
  • -using a lot of Word and Excel documents - as far as Dropbox Business can use deep-linked native apps on mobile devices. It means going from one app to another; I would stick to Google Drive if I would need a solution for storing and sharing a lot of Google-suite documents.
We use Dropbox for storage and secure sharing of large files.
  • Good price for cloud storage space.
  • Easy to share secure files.
  • Doesn't translate to mobile as well as some other similar services.
It has good integration with Windows interface. Like many cloud storage services, you can sync the files directly to a folder in Windows. This allows you to upload or remove files without even opening any Dropbox app or website, just manipulate the files directly on your PC.
Dropbox Business is used to sync files across multiple users' computers, and the entire organization uses it. We also use it to send large files to people outside of the organization rather than trying through email. Dropbox Business serves as a cloud-based backup for our files and a central location for anyone in the organization to locate images, documents, or software they need to install.
  • Quick and easy synchronization to the cloud
  • Ability to access information across platforms
  • Price compared to other options
  • Being able to handle communication over a VPN
If they need cloud-based storage, then I recommend Dropbox Business. There is a ton of storage, it's the easiest platform to use, and the integration into Windows and Mac OS is excellent. It can also generate links to files if you want to share them with other people. Plus, if other people in your organization are already using it, it's a must-have.
February 12, 2020

Dropbox Business Review

We use Dropbox Business in order to store all of the pictures that we take at events, or have been taken for us. The students constantly want to see the pictures that may have been taken of them and Dropbox makes it easy to organize and sort through when the pictures were taken and what event was attended. It solves the business problems of organization and attention to detail.
  • Organization
  • Ample storage
  • The price is a bit high
  • If someones sends you a Dropbox link to a certain email, others cannot open it
It is great to be used in companies that need organization of files. If you have a lot of documents that needed to be sorted, while also being private, Dropbox Business is a great software to use. It may not be great to use if you are a company that constantly needs to send secure files to clients.
February 04, 2020

Dropbox Business

We use Dropbox Business to share all of our company files, and the files of our clients. It's seamless across our devices, and easy to create and share links for external users. Dropbox Business has come a long way and added a ton of new features that makes it indispensable for us.
  • Store and share files
  • Allow collaboration for remote workers
  • The mobile version could be a bit faster
  • Lower cost per user would be nice
Dropbox Business is excellent for companies that have more than three people needing to access files at the same time. It would be perfect for any company with remote workers, or people who need to access files on the go from any device. It's also great for sharing externally with clients.
  • We use Dropbox Business when clients want to share files with us. It is used on a lawyer by lawyer basis depending on what file-sharing software a client has chosen to implement.
  • The business problem it addresses is that sometimes clients need to share files with us that are too large to fit into an e-mail (usually e-mails get rejected if the file is over 20 gigabytes, although this varies slightly by an organization).
  • File sharing between a client and their external professionals.
  • Implicitly results in the user creating a cleaned-up set of data files, since you don't want to share non-material and personal files with other business users.
  • More appropriate for small organizations than large organizations.
  • It is intended for file-sharing - not a formal document management system that a law firm or an accounting firm would typically use.
Dropbox Business is well suited for smaller organizations sharing files with their outside professionals and consultants. For example, I have a small (50 employee) energy client that uses Dropbox Business to share land documents with me as their outside lawyer. It would be cumbersome to share these files by e-mail because:
  • the file size may be too large for e-mail;
  • the files may change from time to time - it is easier to send me a log-in, and then I can find the most current documents on the Dropbox Business site; and
  • the file structure on Dropbox Business tends to be more organized than a large volume of files just attached to an e-mail.
Our team needed a document storage platform that was familiar, easy to use with a clean UI and robust security to meet our vendor requirements. The types of documents we needed to store were mainly PDFs, images and some Excel worksheets. Our team is remote and needed a solution that allowed for near-real-time synchronization and accessibility on numerous devices to cater to the needs of both Mac and PC users along with some mobile device access where required. We found Dropbox Business to check off all those boxes despite our email being GSuite and us having free access to Google Drive, the preferred solution was Dropbox Business after testing some use cases with our team.
  • Real time synchronization.
  • Robust security with 2FA.
Dropbox Business ticked off all the right boxes for us except for the lack of a built-in editor similar to Google Drive/Google Docs, the solution is robust enough for most businesses and had solid security features for the most demanding environments. The common and user-friendly interface means that little to no training is required which definitely speeds up adoption by our teams. The sharing ability also allows us to seamlessly share files with customers with a lot of granularity on the options.
Rose Marian Foster | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used by some teams in my organization. Dropbox has a series of utilities that can help you to better manage the information that the company possesses. Workers can store and synchronize online files between computers and mobile devices and share files with other users or customers effectively. It allows us to share resources independently of the device and the location. It integrates easily and quickly with the rest of the business applications.
  • Dropbox Business has a large number of users, which facilitates sharing documents with other organizations and users.
  • It offers the possibility to access from anywhere, from a mobile device or computer.
  • The platform offers several ways to share the content. It allows to store large amounts of data and optimize the use of bandwidth thanks to LAN, Delta and Smart Sync synchronization systems.
  • It can be easily migrated if you are already using the Dropbox private version.
  • Dropbox Business is a good software to store information, however its main weakness is that it does not integrate with other applications of great interest in the organization.
  • When sharing files, you should not work on the same file at the same time, as it causes conflict and two copies of the file are created.
One of the great advantages of Dropbox Business is that the user is already used to working with the tool, so that the management of the change, and the implementation and training times are reduced exponentially. It offers access from all devices and storage that proves to be flexible. It generates a backup of your files and folders, so that it is no longer necessary to save the information on USB or other hard drives, where they can also be lost.
Read Rose Marian Foster's full review
Trevor Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it company-wide to allow people working remotely to share files. We had a server previously that needed a password and connections to get into while working outside of the office, however it became cumbersome to work with. Dropbox Business was purchased and took away the need to sign into the server.
  • Easy uploads and downloads
  • Easy signing in
  • Copies the format of a typical file storage
  • Sometimes it appears my computer bogs down trying to sync all of the files
  • Long folder or file names aren't known at the time, until you go in later and are unable to open the file
Best suited is that it really copies the look and feel of a normal file storage system on your computer. It feels that I'm working right on our own server or computer. The quick syncing is great while working with people remotely. It forces duplicate copies to be made so that people see if a specific [version] s already open.
Read Trevor Smith's full review
Justin Roodman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dropbox Business to share large video files with customers. We are a media company and some of the end products that we produce are explainer videos and video advertisements which are too large to send through email. Dropbox gives us the flexibility of controlling who can access specific files both internally and externally.
  • Cloud storage of large files. Makes for easy sharing and downloading.
  • Activity tracking allows us to see when files were downloaded and by which users.
  • Able to sync files across devices, so when updates are made they can be pushed to desktop, laptop, etc.
  • If you sign up to Business Advanced plan with unlimited storage you still start out with 3TB of storage. You must ask support to increase your current limit before hitting 3TB to take advantage of the extra storage.
  • Editing files with their Office 365 integration requires purchasing a separate license for the 365 software.
  • Minimum business package requires three licenses. Dropbox is already the more expensive option compared to GoogleDrive and OneDrive and this may not work for small businesses.
Dropbox is well known in the cloud storage industry. It has been around for years and has a relatively good reputation. The interface is easy to use and it makes sharing files relatively painless. The price point for the business version may be too high for small businesses, so they may want to consider a different version or competitive pricing with products like GoogleDrive or OneDrive.
Read Justin Roodman's full review
Vin Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer
DropBox Business is currently being used by the Executives in our company - mostly for remote file sharing with outside teams. We have been working with many outside teams towards a project involving a new brick and mortar retail store, and it proved important to have a method by which to share files with the outside world that did not compromise internal security. Since most of the people we deal with had DropBox in some form already, we decided to go with the Business version for our own use.
  • File and folder sharing is obvious - if they didn't do this well - they'd be out of business.
  • Notifications - who did what and when as well as when new files are posted, new folders are shared, and when files are updated. Intuitive notifications that don't disturb your workflow.
  • Teams - internal - controlling users and their access to files under a single portal - enhances the administration abilities for an IT department.
  • Linking of personal and Business accounts - free or paid individual - works, but confusing, to say the least.
  • Files/folders shared with me should not count against my data limits.
DropBox is the industry standard for cloud file storage and cloud file sharing. The platform is well suited for all of the creative industries due to the general large file sizes in play. Cloud platforms like DropBox are also well suited for any company wishing to break away from the server workstation model and/or have the ability to take all your files "with you" wherever you go without taking up your entire hard drive. Specifically - DropBox Business is not suited for the individual user - if you don't have multiple users that you need to manage, then go with the Individual plans.
Read Vin Campbell's full review
Aaron Pinsker | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Dropbox for a number of my clients, and for most it's on the basic level of simply being able to store files both in the cloud and on the computer locally, as well as to easily share files and folders with other Dropbox users. One of my clients uses Dropbox extensively throughout the organization for a plethora of reasons. Many users in the organization have both a laptop and a desktop, and Dropbox allows them to keep their files in sync b/w the two computers. In addition, Dropbox is integrated with a Windows Server machine with what I call a "master" Dropbox account. On the server, their are shared folders for each user in the organization - for select users, these user folders are also linked to their Dropbox account. This allows for select users to have access to Dropbox, while still storing files on the server for non-Dropbox users to access.
  • Dropbox is one of the best tools to sync files b/w multiple computers. It's easy to install and integrates nicely with both macOS and Windows based system, as well as Linux systems (though it is a bit more complicated of an install process).
  • Dropbox has a an intelligent and easy to understand conflicted file system. If one file is opened in two locations at once, Dropbox automatically creates a duplicate of the file entitle "[filename] [computer name] conflict copy [date]" - wherein the [filename] is the name of the file, the [computer] name is the name of the computer that generated the conflicted copy, and the [date] is the date the conflicted copy was made. This an invaluable tool to prevent information from being lost or over written.
  • Dropbox has a versioning system, wherein pervious versions of a file can be accessed via the web interface. Version history also includes the ability to recover accidentally delete files. Both version history and file recovery stores files for 120 days.
  • A unique aspect of Dropbox for Business (not found in the consumer version) is "Smart Sync." Smart Sync allows for you entire Dropbox folder to be visible on your computer at all times, but files are downloaded intelligently downloaded to save space on the local drive. If a file is stored in the cloud, but no not he computer, the minute you open the folder on the computer the file will download. Smart Sync also allows you to select files and folder to mark them as always local - meaning they will always be available both in the cloud and locally. Smart Sync is an invaluable tool when a users Dropbox folder contains more data than the local hard drive can handle.
  • Dropbox has a fairly robust admin console, wherein you can manage users, add users, delete users, and even temporarily login as a user to view their Dropbox data without needing to know their password (or having to reset it).
  • Dropbox supports two factor authentication, which can be enforced on a per user basis as well as organization wide basis, greatly increasing security.
  • Dropbox provides integration with Microsoft Office, allowing for more than one person to be accessing an Office file simultaneously, and thus able to collaborate directly with the file.
  • Team folders is a great feature that allows you to create a specific folder for a department or team within an organization. Dropbox members can be added to a specific team, and immediately have access to the team folder without it needing to be manually shared with said member. In addition, folders within a Team folder can be shared with other members outside of the team.
  • Dropbox support, while relatively responsive, is not always the most helpful. Often times, support will simply link you to knowledge base files without digging more into the issue. When you can elevate your issue further, it often times tech support multiple days to respond to your inquiry.
  • Dropbox is not technically supported on Windows Server machines. While it installs and appears to work just fine, if any issue occurs with it, Dropbox support won't help you. I have never be given a real reasons as to why Dropbox is not officially supported.
  • Dropbox recently raised their prices rather substantially and created a two tiered business option. Originally, Dropbox for Business was $10/user/month (with a minimum of 5 users), and provided access to all the admin features that were available at the time. However, now the two tiers are Dropbox for Business Standard and Dropbox for Business Advanced. Standard is now $12.5/user/month with a minimum of 3 years and Advanced is $20/user/month with a minimum of 3 years. While Standard is not that much more expensive than the previous price, Standard includes substantially less features than what were originally available. If you want all of the advanced features that were previously available, you must purchase the Advanced tier - which is double the price of what it used to be.
  • Dropbox's auto-update feature is extremely frustrating. You have ZERO control over how or when Dropbox updates. There is no option to manually check for updates, and there is no option to turn auto-updates off. On more than one occasion, an update has caused Dropbox to close and NOT re-open. Often times, users don't realize Dropbox has quit until they notice Dropbox no longer syncing.
  • When a sync error occurs with Dropbox, finding the underlying issue isn't always easy. Often times the Dropbox notification icon will simply state that a file can't sync do to "Access Denied." The file name is given, but not the path to the file name, nor the underlying reason of the "access denied" error.
  • One of the biggest frustrations with Dropbox is that you can't create a shared folder within an existing shared folder. For example, you have a folder "shared_a" that you have shared with a number of people within your organization. Inside of "shared_a" is a folder "shared_sub_a" that you would like to share with a number member of your organization. You would like this person to be able to see "shared_sub_a" but not "shared_a." Unfortunately, this is currently not possible to do. You can create a completely separate folder and share that with multiple people - but that is a far more cumbersome way to do things. Team folders help to alleviate this issue somewhat (see the Pros section), but it is far from an ideal experience.
If all your organization needs is an easy to setup and reliable way to sync files and folder b/w multiple computers, Dropbox sync engine is second to none. In addition, if you primarily work with other users, both within and without your organization, Dropbox makes it extremely easy to share files and folders with other users. There are some well designed and easy to use admin and management tools that make managing your organization fairly easy to do. Compared to other services (such as Microsoft's OneDrive or Box), the admin center is well laid out and easy to understand.

When used within a small organization - maybe a dozen employees - implementing Dropbox and scaling it out to your users is a fairly easy thing to do. However, in larger organizations, especially in an organization that is already using a centralized server for file sharing, implementing Dropbox is a far more time consuming tasks - and can take a certain amount of trial and error to implement it in the most effective way possible.

In addition, cost is a major consideration. At $12.5/user/month or $20/user/month (both if billed yearly - $15/month or $25/month if done a month-to-month basis), costs can add up quickly.
Read Aaron Pinsker's full review

Versioning (67)
Video files (79)
Audio files (75)
Document collaboration (80)
Access control (86)
File search (87)
Device sync (84)
User and role management (81)
File organization (86)
Device management (75)
Performance (88)
Reliability (88)
9.4
Storage Reports (62)

About Dropbox Business

Dropbox Business expands on the company's cloud storage service by providing additional features, such as lost file recovery for an extended period, integration with popular office suites (e.g. Office 365), the Dropbox Paper collaboration extension, two-factor authentication (2FA) and single sign-on (SSO), tiered administrator controls and granular permission sharing, remote device wipe, API, and other features of use to larger groups and businesses.