BlueJeans - It's what you want it to do
December 21, 2018

BlueJeans - It's what you want it to do

Overall Satisfaction with BlueJeans

BlueJeans is being used across our entire organization. It allows our employees to collaborate without being physically present. We use it primarily for meetings, but also have used it's large presentation-type broadcasts. It is an essential tool for our company because we have several offices across the world. We also have several home-based employees, which makes BlueJeans very useful.
  • The software and web platforms are very stable. There is no head-scratching and troubleshooting involved when trying to join a meeting.
  • It is very quick and responsive. There is no lag time in joining a meeting.
  • The sound and video quality is superb.
  • The command center software could be more streamlined as the UI is a bit busy.
  • More impromptu meetings
  • Improved global communication
  • Easy recruitment (remote interviews)
It does what we need to do. In particular, it's great to see the network traffic metrics. It helps us to evaluate if any degradation in quality is related to the network or not.
WebEx is has great audio quality, but is very clunky. Often there are software issues that need a lot of IT troubleshooting. BlueJeans, on the other hand, is easy to implement and use. There is not much troubleshooting required on the IT side of things. BlueJeans does what you expect out of meeting software.
It is very easy to join especially with the Google Calendar integrations. More often that not, all I have to do is click a link, and the software will launch and join my meeting.
We use BlueJeans integrations with Google Calendar in Slack. The Google Calendar extension is great because it fills the invite with all the necessary information, including a link, that allows you to join the meeting. The Slack integration is also useful for impromptu meetings. The ability to type a command to bring up a BlueJeans meeting is very useful.
It is a very good piece of software for both internal and external use. When I was interviewing to join my current company, some of my interviews were remote. Despite never having used any sort of BlueJeans software, I was able to join the meeting quickly and painlessly without dealing with any plugin or installation issues.

BlueJeans Feature Ratings