Overall Satisfaction with BMC Track-It!
BMC Track-it! was used as a secondary helpdesk ticketing system for our organization. I say secondary because we have two IT teams - Hardware, and Software - Software stuck with our old ticketing system. We went with BMC Track-it! because it appeared that it would handle our need to track issues. It was supposed to make it easier for the technicians to keep track of, and keep our users apprised of progress on issues.
- There are a LOT of self-help documents to help get it configured.
- The email integration is fairly simple.
- Configuration is convoluted in my opinion. Getting the email to flow how you'd like is difficult.
- A lot of the configuration option names aren't very clear. It seems they use their own terminology for things I would have never guessed.
- Support is lacking - asking them for help always results in them directing you to a KB article. Sometimes you just want hand holding.
- Email integration
- Mutiple-tech support
- User self-help password reset
- The configuration is a bit daunting. We had the software for two years and never got it configured quite right.
- Spent a lot of wasted time trying to get the software to do what we wanted.
- We paid for licensing for two years and spent quite a few hours mailing back and forth with support. Overall, a loss.
We just started playing with Mojo. It integrates with Google Enterprise so that's a plus. We're looking forward to giving this one a try as we've played with multiple Help Desk packages and I feel like Mojo might be the one. BMC Track-it! has a far better interface, in my opinion. But the back-end is really what I'm focusing on at the moment.
Do you think BMC Track-It! delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BMC Track-It!'s feature set?
Did BMC Track-It! live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of BMC Track-It! go as expected?
Would you buy BMC Track-It! again?
This software would be excellent in a multi-tech, multi-user, multi-site environment. There are a LOT of options to configure to support situations with multiple techs and sites. Field service techs can take advantage of the mobile app. We're a non-profit, but it would work well for normal MSP or Consultant situations as well.