Easy to use but needs work
October 26, 2015
Easy to use but needs work
Score 7 out of 10
- Online and Mobile App
Overall Satisfaction with Booker
We are a makeup studio and we use Booker to book appointments for our makeup and hair clients. As the studio manager, I use it, as well as my manager, and our receptionist. While Booker is easy to learn if you're new to it, there are a ton of glitches when making appointments and checking out customers. I do wish that you could view more than one service sales and product sales report at a time. For example, I would like to compare August and September sales separated by month but on the same page. Unfortunately, if I want to see sales from Aug 1 to Sept 30, it will show the TOTAL sales between those dates, rather than breaking it down and separating the months. There are plenty of times we'll try to book an appointment with an artist but Booker will say there's no staff available which is not the case.
- Scheduling staff and hours of operation - very easy to do and follow.
- Adding to and removing services from our menu - there are so many categories to choose from and I like that you can rename your own.
- Managing orders - you can add a walk-in as a new customer when taking a new order, which is a great thing because they'll remain in your customer database. You can also see clearly who paid cash and credit and this makes it easy to navigate when cross referencing when its time to close out the register for end of day count.
- Too many errors and glitches when booking appointments. At times it will say no staff is available or the service won't show up in the menu. At times, refreshing and logging out and back in won't do the trick.
- When refunding a client in cash, the cash is not deducted from the end of day count, and throws off the register.
- Should definitely improve their loyalty and rewards program. Customers who login cannot see how many points they have earned. And we can't track in Booker if they've earned a reward. For example: Book 5 blowouts, get the 6th free. Booker won't communicate to you that they have earned a free reward. You have to go into each customer's profile, and look through their past appointments, and count their services, which is time consuming.
- Notifications are a great way that communicates to the customer their appointment confirmation, and appointment reminders.
- Increased employee / staff communication, they can now log in and see their schedules.
- Entering credit card at time of appointment reservation is helpful to us since we have a cancellation policy and keeps the client accountable if they are a no show or cancel last minute.