BriteVerify: A great value and a small price to pay for list hygiene!
Jenny Lassi | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

BriteVerify: A great value and a small price to pay for list hygiene!

Overall Satisfaction with BriteVerify

At Infinity Direct, I use BriteVerify before we do any list import where the list source is the client we're sending email on behalf of. Also, any repetitive processes involving data transfer, we utilize the API prior to allowing records into our marketing data universe. While at HighRoad Solution, I used BriteVerify reports as a vital component to my deliverability consulting programs I did with associations when their deliverability metrics were decreasing due to spam traps and/or blacklisting.
  • Clearly flags each record with a status valid, invalid, accept-all or unknowns.
  • Has clear recommendations on what to do with each record based on the status.
  • Occasionally, we'll need to test like 1 or 2 records and instead of importing a list of 2 records, it would be nice to have a landing page to enter 1 address and run it to get on-screen messaging on results.
  • It would be nice to see ECOA (email change of address) data on the report too for invalid email addresses.
  • It does add a cost, a significant cost for large databases, so you need to have a process in place to run records, then only run deltas in the future to save costs
  • Most senders almost always address deliverability issues in a retroactive manner versus proactive, but marketers just need to build the costs into their programs without line item-ing it in their proposals.
  • Ease of the UI to import lists so all levels of marketer can use it.
  • Speed of processing so lists can be run same day in a matter of minutes.
All marketing automation platforms scrutinize emails where a one-to-many (a.k.a bulk sends) and without first running a list through BriteVerify, there is a good chance a list import will fail and their compliance team will contact you. ESPs will let you attempt delivery, but running your list first in BriteVerify is still in the best interest of your deliverability, domain and IP reputation.
I have only engaged with customer service once and it was a long time ago. It was regarding a list important where the report wouldn't finish. The process needed to be killed, I supplied the data file to them and they let me know once it was finished running so I could download the report. It was resolved quickly.
I've used a few in the past that weren't on the list to be mentioned in addition to NeverBounce. FreshAddress is a tool I use the 2nd most after BriteVerify. I have evaluated Webbula to and they have a unique offering.
SharpSpring, Trello, Workamajig
BriteVerify is my go-to for running a list first before sending it. On occasion, if a client has a stubborn recycled spam trap in their database, those addresses are valid addresses that aren't caught all of the time. In those use cases, I have run lists in a competitor product that bumps the file against their proprietary spam trap database to source the records most likely to be causing a problem. That tool is more expensive and is an annual commitment which is why I always start with BriteVerify because it is a better value.