So Simple Everyone Will Want To Use It
October 25, 2018
So Simple Everyone Will Want To Use It
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with BuilderTrend
As the owner of Three Amigos Roofing, Inc. I use BuilderTrend to streamline processes and maximize revenue. The first part of my process is creating an estimate and submitting it to my customers. I save time by automating the following processes: creating estimates, using digital signatures, and collecting down payments electronically once the homeowner has approved the contract. When building an estimate, the first step is using proper cost codes and line item descriptions. This sets me up for a successful transition when the job is won. Next, I will mark the lead opportunity as sold. All of my files, pictures, communication, and estimate will then push over to the job site dashboard. This allows me to keep my leads organized and my ongoing and previous jobs separate. Once the lead becomes a job, I then import a job site template. This job site is customized for the project. In this example, the project is a roof replacement. Once the job site template is selected, my entire job is built out with the proper documents and photos in the right place and the proper subcontractors and vendors assigned to their role in the build. I use the approved estimate to create my material work order that will be sent over to my supplier. I then go back to the approved estimate and create my roofers work order that will be sent over to my subcontractor to sign off on prior to the job starting. All of these documents and tasks are linked to my calendar so everyone knows their role, date, and time each phase will start and end. In the event there is a shift in the schedule, I will update the calendar and all other phases will be updated simultaneously. We’ve tried many different CRM and Project Management tools. We still do every day. We found it was always the processes and workflows that we put together outside of that tool and then implemented in that tool that helped us grow. Processes and workflows are the things that help you move a project from point A to point B. The tool is there to support and execute that process. We fit our business into the tool (BuilderTrend). We found BuilderTrend to be the best software to manage our roofing business. In fact, in our first year in business, we generated $250k in revenue by using a simple process that we repeated over and over the same way every day.
- BuilderTrend is a true all-in-one solution. Other programs such as JobNimbus are extremely basic and claim they provide the same features BuilderTrend provides. In a way they do, but it's not seamless. It creates more work when the goal is to simplify redundant processes so everyone will want to participate.
- The price point is affordable for everyone.
- Their team works daily to make improvements based on their clients' requests.
- Onsite consultants. There is a demand for this service that is great enough to allow outside BuilderTrend Super-Users like me to partner with BuilderTrend and make this a reality.
- As their company grows, their support needs to grow as well.
- Provide incentives for Super Users that are helping BuilderTrend acquire new business. Advocates should be their best friend.
- I started my business because of BuilderTrend.
- My return on investment was 933% in year one.
- BuilderTrend has not only helped me double my business year over year, but it's also created a new career for myself as a BuilderTrend consultant for new or existing users looking to maximize their ROI faster.
BuilderTrend allows me to see a full view of all my jobs in one place. I picked it for this reason. I wanted a solution that subcontractors would be able to use without having to do anything except open their email to get the information they needed to get the job done on time. I've made it so simple that everyone I work with wants to use BuilderTrend. In fact, most of the subcontractors I work with have implemented BuilderTrend because they saw how easy my day to day operations are.
BuilderTrend is only as good as the user implementing it. If your organization does not have processes in place now that work, BuilderTrend is not going to change anything. You must first have processes in place that are currently working across your organization. Then you implement BuilderTrend. I've worked with so many contractors that have issues with management and leadership. Establish if BuilderTrend is the right construction management software for the goals that you're looking to achieve. Do not try and implement BuilderTrend if these things are not established. There are no shortcuts to anything in life. You have to dedicate time to training. You must have a plan for onboarding with deadlines. Everyone must understand the transition is going to take time and everyone must be bought in.