Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
Ceridian Dayforce is the HRIS system we utilize at the corporate headquarters of Canadian General Tower. Our hourly employees utilize the Dayforce clock system to badge in and out and Dayforce uploads this information directly to the payroll module. We use it for time and attendance, vacation entitlements and payroll processing.
- Provided the payroll policies are created correctly, Dayforce can be customized to follow any Collective Agreement language.
- Creating and amending ROE's in the payroll module is easy to do.
- Creating reports are becoming easier with the newest release.
- Payroll policies can be very complex and will usually require extra paid assistance from Ceridian.
- Would like to see that the timesheets could be listed in alphabetical order by employee or for more than 1 week at a time.
- Even with the upgrade to the support portal, I find this feature difficult to use and not very effective. It takes too long to get responses.
- I don't see a particular ROI as we need an HRIS system and payroll processing software for the company.
The payroll policies that can be created in Dayforce allow you to customize the product to your own specific collective agreement. I find that creating these policies are very complex and require additional paid assistance from Ceridian. This part is not very user-friendly.
I don't believe that utilizing Ceridian Dayforce has impacted the decisions about hiring, scheduling, compensation, etc. Any HRIS system can do this.
Having all integrated is a good feature except if you need to modify 1 module. Sometimes needing to change or add 1 more thing is more difficult because of the levels available in Dayforce. For example, I found that modifying the rate tables was too much work in the fact that you needed to change this in 3 separate areas. Doesn't make sense to touch something this many times to update 1 thing.
As payroll processing software, Dayforce is very good. It is easy to maneuver through the tabs and the tabs all make sense. I really like the fact that I can amend the information for any ROEs (within reason) that I need to produce. This feature was not available in prior releases. I find that new releases usually come with too many problems and hence the need for emergency updates. Perhaps more testing should be done prior to release.