Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Aironet 2800 Series Access Points
We have been using the Cisco Aironet 2802i [Series] Access Points with built-in antennas in our branch office environment and the 2802e model with external antennas in the shed to extend the wireless signal to the RF collectors. The Cisco [Aironet] 2800 Series Access Point uses 802.11ac wave 2 (Wi-Fi 5) protocol and has great performance reaching rates of up to 2.6Gbps on 5Ghz radio. These devices are being managed by a WLC 5520 controller and monitored by Prime software. These are hotspots that support many users connected at the same time and still establish good performance, range, and wireless internet from anywhere in the company.
- It is an 802.11ac wave 2 access point capable of reaching rates above 2Gbps
- MU-MIMO to achieve higher transmission rates over the wireless network
- 160Mhz channels
- CleanAir prevents interference on 2.4Ghz radio
- Beamforming for better signal routing to the device
- Easily installed and configured by a wireless controller
- 2800 series does not support Wi-Fi 6
- It has a high Cisco warranty and support value
Do you think Cisco Aironet 2800 Series Access Points delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Aironet 2800 Series Access Points's feature set?
Did Cisco Aironet 2800 Series Access Points live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco Aironet 2800 Series Access Points go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Aironet 2800 Series Access Points again?
- Cisco Aironet 2800 Series [Access Points] improved wireless signal quality in the warehouse and offices
- Standardization of hotspot models
- More performance and support for high user density
The performance and signal range of the [Cisco Aironet] 2800 [Series] Access Points are great. Support high user density without degrading wireless network signal. It has several features that [can] make rates reach up to 2.6Gbps on 5ghz radio. They have smart antennas that better direct the signal and avoid interference and external noise.
Scalability can be easily accomplished together with a wireless controller. To install it is only necessary to connect the power and place it on the ceiling or wall. Comes with the installation kit with support and screws. The limit of managed access points will depend on the WLC installed.
Cisco [Aironet] 2800 Series Access Points are great for any type of indoor environment and scenarios with low, medium, and high density of connected users. We have models with integrated antennas for offices and with external antennas of the omnidirectional and directional types. They are great access points, well built, robust, and with the reliability of the Cisco manufacturer. They are equipped to last at least 10 years. Cisco support is another great differential and very positive.