December 03, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco VoIP PBX
Our organization has satellite offices across the globe and Cisco VoIP PBX is great for connecting staff within those offices, while also keeping employees connected to the larger organization. Since these satellite offices must run more cost-effectively, the built-in IP also reduces internet costs and improves connectivity, which is important.
- Improved internet connectivity which means improved phone service as well.
- Cost efficient, especially for tighter budgets.
- User-friendly and little to no training required.
- There are no outstanding issues with this system to-date.
- Aesthetically speaking, the actual devise could use a sleeker and less "boxy" look.
- Employees are please with both the internet and phone service.
- Supervisor relationships with leadership at the larger organization remain connected.
- Cost is minimal!
Cisco offers online instruction on the use of the VoIP but it has to be sought out. Likely, the do offer additional support but this is managed by our IT department so it is difficult to determine just how accessible Cisco has been regarding the implementation and ongoing support for this product.
Do you think Cisco VoIP PBX delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco VoIP PBX's feature set?
Did Cisco VoIP PBX live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco VoIP PBX go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco VoIP PBX again?
Smaller organizations, offices in remote locations, and locations were internet service is intermittent or costly would benefit from using Cisco VoIP PBX. The ability to combine the internet and phone service results in improved and consistent connectivity. And the overall expense to outfit a small to medium size office is extremely cost-effective.