Clearbit - It has its uses
Overall Satisfaction with Clearbit
- It provides good data for contacting customers by having their emails readily available.
- It enables users to find additional contacts and their LinkedIn profiles to better understand their position within companies that user is trying to sell to.
- Clearbit enables users to be able to easily add contacts into salesforce, making for cleaning data into the CRM and ensure better contactablity of contacts.
- Clearbit does not always have insight into new start up businesses, so that if you if your targets are start up companies, or companies in an early growth mode, it is perhaps not the best use for contacts at companies of that nature.
- Sometimes Clearbit is wonky on initial install as far as adding contacts, also, a big drawback is that it works only in chrome, but for our salesforce, we must use IE only for much of the functionality, so having to swap back between Chrome and IE on two screens can be confusing. Cross functionality would be a big improvement. If your CRM does not allow for use in chrome, Clearbit may not be a good fit for your company.
- Contacts at some legitimately larger companies is not complete, as such it does cast doubt as to how extensive Clearbit's information is for other mid-size and enterprise level companies.
- Clearbit has been a net positive for the office that I work in. It's ROI has been met after the first big deal we signed based on the additional contacts we uncovered using Clearbit to better penetrate an account we had that had gone dark.
For mid-sized multi-location businesses, Clearbit has provided additional contacts that I was unaware of, their email and phone contact information.
For a start up which is in growth mode, Clearbit was only able to provide existing contact names that I already had been in contact with, and did not provide insight below the C-Level.