Clearbit is great for data enrichmentWe are currently using Clearbit in two ways. First, we use it to enrich our lead, contact, and account info in Salesforce. Second we use it to enrich our data warehouse of customer info. These two systems sometimes overlap in terms of shared info so it was important that we had a single data source for data enrichment.,As best we can tell, they have very accurate information. When it comes to updating/enriching data, the change in Salesforce is pretty quick, almost real time which is good since it has to see what info I have provided in Salesforce, make a "match" in their system, and then enrich Salesforce which all happens is seconds. The integration was pretty seamless. It's a nice, plug-n-play solution.,There are some initial configurations you'll want to be sure you have set up. For example, for leads when they are enriching you can choose for it to update with info from the company HQ, or the location of the individual. Not knowing this we went for a period updating address for the individual when we wanted addresses for their HQ. Their prospecting capabilities aren't as clean and simple as I'd like. Apparently at one point they conducted an upgrade that required a refreshing. We weren't notified so we were missing out on some new features we didn't know about because we weren't informed of the refresh.,7,It's provided some key data in terms of geography which we rely on to distribute our customers and prospects to territories. Works great for large repositories of data, which we have. Not as useful for proactive prospecting. We use it primarily for data enrichment and confirmation of demographic info.,DiscoverOrg,We only run reports out of Salesforce with some Clearbit fields, usually specific to location of the company.,LeanData Lead2Account Matching Engine, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, FrontClean Data with ClearbitI have used and recommended Clearbit to improve the information I use to collect and manage my clients. I have shared the value of the product as it is a wonderful solution for the improvement of data.,I use Clearbit to enrich the information I gather in my market research and I have used the platform to save hours and hours of wasted energy sorting bad information. I also have used the Clearbit API to clean data in my apps. Saving the additional time by not sending bad data to my CRM I love the Gmail plugin and have recommended it to many of my clients and friends that need clean data. The slack intergradition is a great feature that I love to use .,Clearbit is like other products that I use and the biggest challenge I have is getting it to work with the programs I want to use. I would love to have all my programs flow through something like Clearbit without a lot of programming and API juggling. Not a Clearbit issue, however, it would be awesome to have a universal IO API that we can all plug into and make life simple.,10,Saved me hours of time in research and data cleanup I love the clean interface and the speed is amazing Simple to use. Saves me time,FullContact Enrich API,I don't typically use the report features as much as exporting the data directly to other systems.,Nimble, Slack, AsanaClearbit - It has its usesClearbit has been offered to the entire sales staff as an add on for use in helping to prospect for new customers. The entire sales staff has been trained on the use of Clearbit, but it is not a required use for everyone on the sales team.,It provides good data for contacting customers by having their emails readily available. It enables users to find additional contacts and their LinkedIn profiles to better understand their position within companies that user is trying to sell to. Clearbit enables users to be able to easily add contacts into salesforce, making for cleaning data into the CRM and ensure better contactablity of contacts.,Clearbit does not always have insight into new start up businesses, so that if you if your targets are start up companies, or companies in an early growth mode, it is perhaps not the best use for contacts at companies of that nature. Sometimes Clearbit is wonky on initial install as far as adding contacts, also, a big drawback is that it works only in chrome, but for our salesforce, we must use IE only for much of the functionality, so having to swap back between Chrome and IE on two screens can be confusing. Cross functionality would be a big improvement. If your CRM does not allow for use in chrome, Clearbit may not be a good fit for your company. Contacts at some legitimately larger companies is not complete, as such it does cast doubt as to how extensive Clearbit's information is for other mid-size and enterprise level companies.,7,Clearbit has been a net positive for the office that I work in. It's ROI has been met after the first big deal we signed based on the additional contacts we uncovered using Clearbit to better penetrate an account we had that had gone dark.Clearbit is on point!I mainly used Clearbit to find out the emails of members at organizations where I wanted to get in touch with the CEO to interview them for our podcast. Clearbit delivers the correct contact information of a vast variety of industries. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for correct info.,Correct contact info User-friendly Easy search of database,Some info needs updating More free searches Deliver later email option,9,Great Reply rate Great company info,INBOX25,NoneClearbit reviewAs the only lead development rep, I use the Clearbit extension often. Clearbit allows me to quickly search for leads and build lists right in a Google sheet. The extension makes it easy to search for both companies and prospects. I can also quickly search for leads right in my CRM by using the Salesforce/Clearbit integration.,Clearbit makes building prospect lists fast and easy. Clearbit has a great integration with Salesforce. The Clearbit Chrome extension is a quick and easy way to search/build lead lists right in Google.,The data Clearbit provides is good, but it doesn't compare to some competitors. While you can find a large range of data, other providers have more clean data. The Google Sheets add-on is not as comprehensive. It would be nice if you could search for both prospect emails and numbers there. Clearbit provides direct dials, but again it's not as accurate as other services.,7,Clearbit has allowed me to quickly create targeted email lead lists. Time is valuable and this tool will help ease the process of list building. The information on companies is pretty accurate and helpful. One of my favorite features is the ability to search for similar companies based on a URL. This has allowed me to find new accounts I may not have.,,ZoomInfo, Outreach
Clearbit

Clearbit Reviews

Clearbit
Filter 32 vetted Clearbit reviews and ratings

Rick Scouffas profile photo
December 07, 2018

User Review: "Clearbit is great for data enrichment"

• As best we can tell, they have very accurate information.
  • When it comes to updating/enriching data, the change in Salesforce is pretty quick, almost real time which is good since it has to see what info I have provided in Salesforce, make a "match" in their system, and then enrich Salesforce which all happens is seconds.
  • The integration was pretty seamless. It's a nice, plug-n-play solution.
  • There are some initial configurations you'll want to be sure you have set up. For example, for leads when they are enriching you can choose for it to update with info from the company HQ, or the location of the individual. Not knowing this we went for a period updating address for the individual when we wanted addresses for their HQ.
  • Their prospecting capabilities aren't as clean and simple as I'd like.
  • Apparently at one point they conducted an upgrade that required a refreshing. We weren't notified so we were missing out on some new features we didn't know about because we weren't informed of the refresh.
It is excellent if you want straightforward data enrichment on company info. It's pretty hands off and automated, and accurate. Their licensing model works well for our needs which we liked. It's not as good for proactive prospecting. It also doesn't have great direct phone numbers for individuals, but we knew that going in.
Read Rick Scouffas's full review
Russ Johns profile photo
November 28, 2018

User Review: "Clean Data with Clearbit"

• I use Clearbit to enrich the information I gather in my market research and I have used the platform to save hours and hours of wasted energy sorting bad information.
  • I also have used the Clearbit API to clean data in my apps. Saving the additional time by not sending bad data to my CRM
  • I love the Gmail plugin and have recommended it to many of my clients and friends that need clean data.
  • The Slack intergradition is a great feature that I love to use .
  • Clearbit is like other products that I use and the biggest challenge I have is getting it to work with the programs I want to use. I would love to have all my programs flow through something like Clearbit without a lot of programming and API juggling. Not a Clearbit issue, however, it would be awesome to have a universal IO API that we can all plug into and make life simple.
Love the forms they just created and I made a recommendation to a friend as a result of this feature.
The Gmail extension is awesome and I love the feature.

I haven't used all of the features and looking forward to the opportunity when it arrives.
Read Russ Johns's full review
Michael Sullivan profile photo
November 26, 2018

User Review: "Clearbit - It has its uses"

• It provides good data for contacting customers by having their emails readily available.
  • It enables users to find additional contacts and their LinkedIn profiles to better understand their position within companies that user is trying to sell to.
  • Clearbit enables users to be able to easily add contacts into salesforce, making for cleaning data into the CRM and ensure better contactablity of contacts.
  • Clearbit does not always have insight into new start up businesses, so that if you if your targets are start up companies, or companies in an early growth mode, it is perhaps not the best use for contacts at companies of that nature.
  • Sometimes Clearbit is wonky on initial install as far as adding contacts, also, a big drawback is that it works only in chrome, but for our salesforce, we must use IE only for much of the functionality, so having to swap back between Chrome and IE on two screens can be confusing. Cross functionality would be a big improvement. If your CRM does not allow for use in chrome, Clearbit may not be a good fit for your company.
  • Contacts at some legitimately larger companies is not complete, as such it does cast doubt as to how extensive Clearbit's information is for other mid-size and enterprise level companies.

For mid-sized multi-location businesses, Clearbit has provided additional contacts that I was unaware of, their email and phone contact information.

For a start up which is in growth mode, Clearbit was only able to provide existing contact names that I already had been in contact with, and did not provide insight below the C-Level.

Read Michael Sullivan's full review
German Marchesani profile photo
November 26, 2018

User Review: "Clearbit is on point!"

• Correct contact info
  • User-friendly
  • Easy search of database
  • Some info needs updating
  • More free searches
  • Deliver later email option
  • It is perfect for getting in contact with anyone in different companies.
  • Should have better options and be more compatible with Gmail features.
Read German Marchesani's full review

"Clearbit review"

• Clearbit makes building prospect lists fast and easy.
  • Clearbit has a great integration with Salesforce.
  • The Clearbit Chrome extension is a quick and easy way to search/build lead lists right in Google.
  • The data Clearbit provides is good, but it doesn't compare to some competitors. While you can find a large range of data, other providers have more clean data.
  • The Google Sheets add-on is not as comprehensive. It would be nice if you could search for both prospect emails and numbers there.
  • Clearbit provides direct dials, but again it's not as accurate as other services.
Overall I think the prospecting aspect of the product is good. Depending on the industry you are targeting, the data might not be the best. They do provide you with a data test prior to purchasing, which I highly recommend. If you know exactly who your target prospect is and the data is there, this is a great tool. If you're not sure who you're trying to target, this is probably not the best tool.
November 26, 2018

Review: "Clearbit is clear, concise, and quick data!"

Clearbit is used by our marketing team to generate leads and contacts for our sales team. It allows us to build out for our events based on targets and region, providing us with 80 matching fields. The software also enriches current data we have already put into Salesforce and updates the information every 30 days. The program allows us to filter by name, title, department, and title level. Clearbit acts as another contact holder as well and copies their information in our CRM set up. The product is relatively new, but they work closely with us to help make it fit our specific business needs.
  • The phone numbers are extremely accurate, so our sales team isn't wasting time calling 800 numbers or being transferred.
  • ClearBit mapping is great because there are 80 fields that map and an API.
  • We can build out our leads and contacts extremely faster because of the simplicity of the program.
  • There is not an exact region search per se. The search option pulls mostly from the region specified but not only.
  • Each search is limited to 20 contacts per account, but you can go back and search again for 20 additional.
  • The prospector feature includes existing prospects as part of the 20 limit, so you have to be more specific in the search.
ClearBit is great for building out broad lists of contacts from all types of companies. It works well for us especially when we need to send out a mass email last minute to get attendees to come to our events. I think for a company that has closer relationships with their customers it might not work as well. It is best suited for a B2B, not B2C.
November 30, 2018

Clearbit Review: "Better options abound"

Clearbit was used by reps in our organization to find contact information for companies and people they were prospecting into. It was implemented to be a potential replacement to Data.com

All AEs and SDRs had access, and the primary use was within SFDC. We no longer use Clearbit, as there were numerous issues with UI, data quality and support.
  • The staff at Clearbit is quite friendly.
  • The SFDC integration could be something really powerful if bugs are worked out.
  • Pricing is not astronomical.
  • Lots of issues with data quality
  • Lots of issues with data availability, period. Lots of large companies would have 5-10 total contacts, none being the depts. we needed
  • Not a particularly friendly UI
Well suited if you are going after C level executives that have been with the company for a while at a larger firm.

It will be less appropriate in the SMB space, where company contact information is a bit harder to find. It also makes the most sense for full time prospect
November 26, 2018

Clearbit Review: "I'm a fan."

Clearbit is being used sporadically within our sales organization. It is not company-wide and isn't standardized across all employees, but is rather discovered by each individual.
  • Salesforce account enrichment
  • Salesforce contact enrichment
  • Accurate prospecting data
  • Other competitors provide more detail with prospects
  • UI isn't as good as other prospecting tools I've used
  • Lack of some functionality
Clearbit is well suited within a prospecting motion at the top of funnel in sales. It is less suited for identifying topic areas of discussion with those prospects.
November 25, 2018

Review: "Clearbit Reveal is a must-have for all B2B businesses!"

We use Clearbit Reveal to help deanonymize website traffic. It helps give context to who are visitors are, what industries they come from, and what technologies they use so we can better tailor our site messaging and CTAs.
  • inexpensive in relation to competitors
  • alerts & notifications for cross-departmental communication
  • data accuracy
  • a better dashboard (i know there's one in beta)
Clearbit Reveal is a must-have for B2B companies. It gives insight into who's on your site and how they are navigating your content.
November 28, 2018

Clearbit Review: "A great platform to power growth"

We use clearbit to enrich anonymous web traffic as well as enrich incoming leads with information we don’t want to ask for, such as title and geo. It helps us add a layer of certainty to the previously unknown activity our website experienced.
  • IP reverse lookup
  • Lead enrichment
  • Drift integration
  • More robust forms product
great for b2b companies that could make sure of knowing who is coming to their site. When the lead volume increases to a point that manual enrichment does not make sense.
Chidiebere Moses Ogbodo profile photo
May 28, 2018

User Review: "Clearbit is The Savior"

We use Clearbit to source; Email ID, Name and Designation of the contact person in the target organization for appropriate B2B approach.The Sales Department and Communication department in our organization (Insights Success Media Tech LLC) use Clearbit on a daily basis. It helps us to source the right contact person in our target organization. For example, when we want to sell a magazine slot, we approach the Marketing Executive of the target organization. Clearbit is being used to easily source the detail/ contact detail of this person. Also, when we are not able to locate the Marketing contact, Clearbit makes it easy to find the categories like the Business Development Manager/Executive, PR, Communication or finally the Vice President of the target organization.

• Contact Email Sourcing: Clearbit can enable you to easily and on single click find the right contact instead of going through the search engines and using the hectic special character implementations just to get an email address.
  • Contact Designation Sourcing: With Clearbit, it became very easy to determine the accurate designation of a prospect in an organization. On many occasions and during the prior period of us using Clearbit, we had so much difficulty locating this information
  • Contact Full Name and sometime Location sourcing: With Clearbit, we actually find it easy to determine the actual name of the contact person and sometimes his/her location. For example; in previous times, when we use search engines to source contact, the email ID may come with a confusing contact name, but with Clearbit, it became very easy to click search and identify.
  • Please always update this platform with the most recent information from the participant organizations so that the likes of us (Sales Team and Communication department) will not approach the wrong person.
  • Clearbit management should develop a functionality to identify when someone changes His/Her Employment status on social platforms such as Facebook and LinkedIn so that the contact database will always be up to date and be done automatically.
  • Clearbit is already good enough, but please work on the functionality. Like when I search for a particular vertical such as Marketing, then if I could not find the exact contact and I click on BACK BUTTON, it should still land me on the next-immediate-last page and not take me to the an entirely new company search page.
Clearbit is all you need when you really want to be effective in sourcing contact data as a sales person or communication department. There is absolutely no match for Clearbit in the Market. There may be competition, but Clearbit stands far apart. It will save your time and energy and will help you to actually focus on the major things in the organization instead of spending a whole bunch of time sourcing for contact data.
Assume you are really concerned about time and accuracy, then Clearbit is the solution. Just give a try.
Read Chidiebere Moses Ogbodo's full review
Kim Dammers profile photo
June 08, 2018

User Review: "Clearbit is limited in scope"

Clearbit advertises that its users can find any e-mail address in seconds. It can't. I am not even talking about hidden addresses. I typed in my company's name, and Clearbit just stayed blank; it didn't even say that it couldn't find anything.
  • Not much. At least it found an instructor at a university I chose, though. However, it was not especially fast.
  • Its database is too small.
It is not suited for finding some smaller companies. It seems suited for finding faculty e-mails, though these are usually easy to find for American universities at their own websites.
Read Kim Dammers's full review
May 30, 2018

Clearbit Review: "Email search done right!"

We use Clearbit for identifying key people within a company and their email addresses. It's being used by our entire sales department. We do a ton of prospecting which is mainly email outreach.
  • Clearbit is very easy to use and intuitive. No training necessary.
  • The accuracy of the emails addresses is remarkable. I'd say over 98% accurate.
  • It keeps previous company searches easily accessible for multiple searches. This makes searching via Clearbit extremely fast.
  • They don't have all the employee's contact information. So even if you know someone who works there Clearbit may not have their contact info. But because of their email accuracy, I can often figure out the email address needed based on others email format.
Clearbit is great for prospecting and research.

Advanced search (11)
Identification of new leads (10)
List quality (11)
List upload/download (10)
Ideal customer targeting (9)
6.1
Load time/data access (11)
Contact information (12)
Company information (13)
Industry information (12)
Lead qualification process (8)
Smart lists and recommendations (5)
6.4
Salesforce integration (10)
Company/business profiles (10)
Alerts and reminders (5)
6.4
Data hygiene (11)
Automatic data refresh (8)
Tags (5)
Filters and segmentation (9)
Sales email templates (3)
4.3
Append emails to records (3)
5.0

About Clearbit

Clearbit is a data enrichment product that automatically updates sales records with verified company and contact data, with the goal of providing better insights into prospects.

The product integrates with a number of tools including Salesforce, G Suite, Outlook, HubSpot, Marketo, Zapier, Segment, and Tray.