Overall Satisfaction with Commun.it
I initially used the free version of commun.it as a means of further engaging with my clients' social audience. I enjoyed the level of functionality that comes with the free version albeit the appendages to the Twitter posts were frustrating. In terms of managing a Twitter audience it is phenomenal - in particular encouraging you to engage, follow, unfollow different people/handles. It is a quick and easy 'one stop shop' to effectively manage Twitter accounts and to automate certain functions.
- I love the #fridayfollow suggestions - I find these get a lot of engagement from my Twitter fans and I use it regulalry.
- I like the ability to automate certain functions, as a social media agency this means the time spent managing client accounts is reduced but with no impact on quality of work.
- I like the suggestions for replying and engaging with as a tool for expanding your reach and network.
- The number of emails received from commun.it when you use the free version is incredibly frustrating 1-2 per day.
- The interface is very 'busy' and takes a while to get used to.
2 - Social Media Managers / Account Managers - managing social media accounts on behalf of clients. This tool enables us to achieve a lot more in a short period of time than we might otherwise do if we were engaging directly with Twitter. Essentially the information comes to you, rather than you having to search for it!
- Significant time savings (which essentially translates to cost savings) in terms of client social account management.
For a small business or individual Commun.it could be used to quickly and efficiently grow an audience. Using the featured hashtag functionality in particular means that, instead of wading through various searches on Twitter, all the information is at your finger-tips and you can act on it accordingly. I think it would have benefits for businesses of multiple sizes however a smaller business might find the price-point prohibitive.