Commvault in my company
July 01, 2020
Commvault in my company
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery
Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery is used at DaVita to ensure our data protection meets Federal guidelines and supports our Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Needs.
- Commvault is the Swiss Army knife for data protection in an Enterprise environment. You name the environment and Commvvault has something to protect it. Very helpful in this on-prem/off-prem world that is developing into a DevOps world.
- Improves our Disaster Recovery
- Starting to utilize for data migration for VMware in places where Zerto is too expensive
- Would be good to improve simplicity. Obviously, with the hundreds of different types of OSs, we have to support this is a challenge. However, I think Commvault is committed to significant improvements in 2020.
- Not quite a ding as more of an acknowledgment of the need to improve Google Cloud data protection. The biggest problem is Google is just ramping up their cloud features/functions which hinders Commvault to provide that so, Commvault is getting there.
- Disaster Recovery. We wouldn't be able to do it at all without Commvault.
- We are looking continually for data management opportunities to use Commvault instead of other products. To date that hasn't been significant for us much as I personally would like to see inside our company.
We are constantly looking at ways to save money in initial purchases, maintenance, hardware, and efforts to maintain/update our environment. Commvault continually hits high marks and keeps other vendors out of our company. The cost to move over really isn't worth the investment. However, we don't let Commvault sit on their own. We watch all the time for new opportunities and bring in vendors to review their architectures and see if they can do better than Commvault.
Since 2013, no other vendor/manufacturer has done as well as Commvault for our company. We keep looking, but no successors can match Commvault to date.
The number of questions we've had going to Commvault has decreased over the past year. This is because support is better and the tool is better. The reason for not a "10", is we have other vendors that answer faster and don't need for us to call them. However, we have many other vendors that are below CommVault including some very major companies and some medium-sized ones. This puts Commvault near the top, but not AT the top.
Do you think Commvault Cloud powered by Metallic AI delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Commvault Cloud powered by Metallic AI's feature set?
Did Commvault Cloud powered by Metallic AI live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Commvault Cloud powered by Metallic AI go as expected?
Would you buy Commvault Cloud powered by Metallic AI again?
Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery is well suited for our environment, which has a huge number of different Operating Systems that need protection. One less appropriate scenario for Commvault is trying to improve as a DATA mover instead of just a backup/restore/DR. CommVault has all our data, but the tools to manage data such as legal searches and migration of VMware is lacking--it's there, but other tools do a much better job. If Commvault is going to become a leader in DATA and not just backup/restore, they need to really improve these data tools to be industry leaders, not just an add-on to backup.