Overall Satisfaction with Control-M
- Easy to set up.
- Interfaces with third party applications.
- Friendly user interface that gives you a graphical view of your workload.
- Since it is such a robust product, users need extensive training.
- We have always run into issues with setting up security, which needs to be refined and made simpler.
- The reporting feature needs to be addressed. Its still a bit cumbersome to pull needed reports.
- We were dependent on Windows scheduler, which meant more Windows servers. With Control-M in-house, we have reduced our Windows servers by 30%.
- We have reduced our FTE count by 25% who did nothing but monitor jobs on legacy systems.
- Our overall costs have gone down and customer confidence level has gone up.
- VMTurbo Operations Manager and CA Workload Automation
VMTurbo is limited to be run on VMware environment. We have batch processing that runs on a mainframe where we could not use VMTurbo.
Puppet is limited to what it can do and what it can interface with. It simply did not fit in our environment.
CA Workload Automation had some gaps when it came to producing files and encrypting them and with some of the notification features.
Control-M is well suited for mainframe and batch processing. If you are still using Windows scheduler, Control-M is definitely a replacement for that. It's perfect for workload automation. If you are looking to centralize administering, monitoring, and scheduling jobs...then Control-M is the product!
If you are a small business that does not have a large number of jobs to schedule, then perhaps Control-M might be an overkill for your environment.