Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is being utilized by our entire company. It is functioning as our learning management system. It currently houses all safety training as well as operational and developmental training that is offered for our employees. It allows managers to track employee training instead of relying on different departments to run reports for employee progress. It serves as a central hub for training and allows all departments to upload various forms of training for their employees.
- A course can be housed in multiple curricula. A course can be contained in several curricula, which makes it easier for an administrator to offer the course to several different departments. This is especially useful for compliance training that is given out as on boarding training.
- Discussion Boards and Office hours are a great resource. Both features allow users to get several different answers and research to see if others have had the same issues.
- Customer service is lacking. No one is in a hurry to help you and they will continuously pass the buck. I understand that there are processes and procedures in place due to the size of their company, but we have missed our deadline of May 1st for report building because a custom feature that is offered by Cornerstone is not properly functioning. It is almost impossible to get in touch with someone via phone.
- A large system is nice, but cumbersome. The system has many great features, but when you have an administrator who does not know what they are doing it is extremely easy for them to create chaos in the system. There are audit trails, but it was difficult to recreate and there are no "undo" buttons. We have had to get Cornerstone consultants to assist us in fixing our system.
- We have had to spend quite a bit of money and time fixing the system because we had an admin who did not know what they were doing. There is no easy fix in the system It is almost always a work order with GPS and many things are custom and must be purchased.
I have only used one learning management system other than Cornerstone. I cannot speak to whether or not the two systems were comparable because the previous system that I used was not linked to a system used by HR to streamline the on boarding process. The previous system that I used was smaller and much more basic, which I enjoyed because the margin of error was smaller.