Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
At Alliance, we use Cornerstone for both our learning platform and our performance review platform. For most positions, their training program is very simple. But for a few potions, their program is complex, customized, and can last around 3 months. We use CSOD to disseminate training when and where it is appropriate to onboard our new associates. We also have plenty of ongoing training, as we are a very active company. We also use the system for our annual performance reviews, which has gone well. With as many associates we have, and as geographically dispersed as we are, we would never be able to manage these processes without an online tool.
- CSOD does a great job of communicating their road map to their clients. They also listen to their clients and roll those suggestions into the product. Finally they do a great job of providing resources so clients can figure out ahead of time how system updates will impact their own environment.
- The tool tool itself is very robust. I would have to say that 95% of our use cases have been met by current functionality.
- Ease of use for the end user. We don't actually train our users on how to use CSOD. They have been able to take training and fill out performance reviews without any training other than what they receive via email. For example, when someone gets assigned to training for the first time, the system automatically emails them. In that email, we include first time use instructions, and they just run with it!
- The only general area I feel that can be a challenge for users is the Administration tools. They are VAST! I had already been an LMS for over a decade before I started using CSOD, so it was easy for me to jump right in. If you don't have prior system admin experience, it can be quite a learning curve. However this is always the double edged sword....to get a robust set of tools, you have to embrace some complexity.
- As a seasoned LMS admin who has seen it all, I can definitely say there are some tools missing that could help me out....but these tools are very specific and way "in the weeds".
- We absolutely had to have an online learning platform for our company. We would never be able to have as many live instructors as it would take to manage the programs. I cannot even imagine how much money that has saved our company.
- We also feel that a comprehensive training program contributes to employee retention and reduced risk - we have a highly risky industry!
- learn.com and Maestro
I was actually not the person who selected Cornerstone for my company. It was here for 2 years prior to my start. However, I have used plenty of other systems. The functionality is similar to a lot of other solutions. I would have to say that the one area that makes CSOD stand out is its client portal...the self help area. Training is quite good. The client portal also allows for Q&A, social support, and TONS of great resources. I am especially impressed with the team that manages system updates.
I think any company that has the resources to support the tool would benefit from Cornerstone. If your plan is to have your full time Trainer to be a part-time LMS administrator, its not the appropriate tool. It needs a full time resource. Cornerstone might be overkill for any company that really only pushes out a few classes per year. However, if you have complexity, this tool is great. For example, if you have national users and each role in each state gets a different experience, this tool can handle it!