August 23, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
- Learning Suite
Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
We're using it to distribute classroom and online training resources. We assign mandatory training and then track the completion of these events. We're also using it as a way to make our classroom training resources available to our classroom facilitators around the world. It helps us deliver a consistent training experience to our global audience.
- Excellent flexibility within the training assignment tool. Training can be assigned by group membership, start date, role within the company, and many other criteria.
- It's a stable platform--we've had relatively few outages.
- They're actively improving the tool by adding new features, like improved reporting and social collaboration tools. It's getting better each year.
- Reporting. The standard reports are too specific, the custom reports aren't flexible enough, and the new reporting tool (Reporting 2.0) has been in beta too long.
- The assessment creation tool needs more options for interactive question types.
- We need the ability to set the number of attempts on an online learning course.
- It's made it much easier to track training effectiveness. We can track completion rates and determine whether the problem is a training problem or something else.
- It's made our training program more consistent globally, as we're able to distribute and track attendance at classroom and standup training sessions.
Cornerstone is not as light and modern as Captivate Prime. Prime has a less cluttered intuitive interface, but it lacked some basic functionality, such as a test creation tool. We had to create tests like eLearnings instead of having a native test engine. Prime had the ability to upload multiple languages for the same online training object, which is trickier in Cornerstone.
It's a solid enterprise learning management system that can handle lots of training for lots of users. It's great for delivering online training and for assigning and managing classroom training. It will also manage the availability of rooms, instructors, and facilities, which is a great feature. There's a steep learning curve, so it makes the most sense as a long term investment. It's not ideal for a short term training need.