Learning administration (98)
Course catalog or library (102)
Progress tracking & certifications (104)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Adobe Captivate Prime, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Adobe Captivate Prime is a Learning Management System (LMS) developed by Adobe Inc. It is compliant with SOC 2, SSO, 508 and adheres to stringent applications, data, & cloud infrastructure security guidelines. It is GDPR compliant, too. It is also compatible with apps like SFDC, Lynda.com, Talent Management Suites, Zoom, LinkedIn Learning, Power BI, Workday, among others.
Adobe Captivate Prime LMS is designed to feature web-based or user-generated content. The automated content curation feature is powered by Adobe Sensei. It keeps a check on the quality of content uploaded on the discussion board and encourages a collaborative learning experience among users. The discussion board adopts a format similar to social media platforms where learners can follow, learn and contribute to topics that interest them.
Organizations can conduct skill training programs for employees. The training modules are aligned to business objectives and admins reward top performers with certifications and gamification points. The data on the skill and compliance report dashboard allows managers to take proactive decisions.
Adobe Captivate Prime also allows an organization to train its external ecosystems. The learning initiatives across groups are remotely monitored, while their departments, divisions, and resellers are provided with a customizable LMS to upload content autonomously. There are off-the-shelf courses that are internally developed and courses created by third-party content providers.
- Supported: Course authoring
- Supported: Course catalog or library
- Supported: Player/Portal
- Supported: Learning content
- Supported: Mobile friendly
- Supported: Progress tracking & certifications
- Supported: Assignments
- Supported: Compliance management
- Supported: Learning administration
- Supported: Learning reporting & analytics
- Supported: eLearning
- Supported: Assessments
- Supported: Live online learning
- Supported: In-person learning
- Supported: Micro-learning
- Supported: Video learning
- Supported: AICC-compliant
- Supported: SCORM-compliant
- Supported: Tin Can (xAPI) compliant
- Supported: Social learning
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||40%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||North America, EMEA, LATAM, APAC|
|Supported Languages||English(US), French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, Turkish, Korean and Dutch. The learner app is further available in Simplified Chinese, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese and Italian.|
- User Management
- Reports and Analytics
- Email Reminders
- Bulk Uploads
- Customer Support
- Structuring content
- Assigning via making groups
- Auto-assigning once previous training is over
- Unable to generate customized certifications without help of customer support
- Integrations can be made simpler and without using code
- Fast implementation and roll-out to whole organization
- Good customer support
- Great support from Customer Success Manager
- High initial set-up cost and licensing fees for all employees at one go
- Once a courses been enrolled by employee, there's no function to remove those courses by themselves.
- Mobile version not working very well and some contents not able to load, e.g. Leaderboard, Level.
- Ease of cataloging material
- Built for modern users
- Easy to update
- Doesn't work on all our devices
- Errors when not on the latest version on devices
- Helps to distribute online training to over 500,000 members
- High quality and interactive training
- Tracking of skills learned
- Role readiness with skill sets
- Self learning
- Topics covered
- More certification options
- Doesn't work on all devices such as tab, TV
- Software simulation
- AR/VR videos
- PPT to storyboard
- Corporate-level storyboarding
- Icon collection
- Internal security
- Files can easily be added.
- Global lessons are accessible.
- [The] user interface is nice.
- [The] report feature needs improvement.
- Zoom integration doesn't work.
- [The] interface [could] be more intuitive.
- User-friendly courses
- Easily applicable to any user
- Offers a [good] number of courses
- Great price for the software
- Some freeze points happen once in a while.
- [It] needs to concentrate on aligning teams better, [especially] when working with big groups.
- [The] mobile apps do not work as well [and] need more features added.
- Adobe Captivate [Prime] has good learning formats that are adaptable to different organizational needs. Whether it's on-demand or instructor-led, you can select what's best for you and your organization. You can also track achievements and learning progress.
- For managers and leaders, you can see customized reports that you can export to track team and member learning. While the reports are not comprehensive, you can at least customize them.
- It is very mobile-friendly.
- I feel the user interface is a bit outdated and while it works fine with most devices, [it] could do with a refresh. Other LMS platforms have better UI's even if they do not have the same functions.
- Pricing feels out of touch for most SMEs and it feels a bit like the tool is designed for larger enterprise types rather than including SMEs.
- [It] helps track student progress.
- [It] makes it easy to create very specific and focused material for small groups.
- [It is] easy to use and understand so that we didn't have to do a great deal of training with all the users.
- [It] could have a cleaner and clear dashboard [as] some icons [were] unclear.
- Some of the processes seemed to have too many steps, but mostly they worked okay.
- Sometimes, the automatic update didn't work [and it] frustrated some of my colleagues.
- One of the things that I liked the most about [Adobe] Captivate Prime is that I can visualize the learning that my co-workers are having in real-time. In our IT sector, I love being able to share learning material with my colleagues. We can converse through the platform and can share various ideas about the material we are studying together. The interaction on this platform is incredible as we can share our learning, establish opinions, and also rate learning material to be able to offer a good expectation to other readers.
- It is a fairly easy-to-use platform, its interface is very well developed, and I can have a concrete learning experience without having to present any confusion in the administration of the learning material. Its UI is very organized and I am very comfortable using Adobe Captivate Prime for my business learning.
- Finding material of interest in Adobe Captivate Prime is not a challenge for us [as] this platform has an AI system that allows us to find material of interest in a matter of seconds. When we registered on the platform, [Adobe] Captivate Prime asked us for a list of the things that we liked the most or what we did [for our job]; in this way, the system threw us learning material related to our tastes.
- As I mentioned previously, I was one of the people involved during the implementation process, so I was aware of the high cost that resulted from the purchase of Adobe Captivate Prime. My personal and work opinion is that [Adobe] Captivate Prime should be a much cheaper software; currently, its plans are quite expensive and it was something that I noticed during my implementation process. I noticed that the software did not provide cheaper or more accessible plans. It is an incredible platform with short and long-term learning, but its plans [should] be modified in price.
- There is [an Adobe] Captivate Prime App available for iOS and Android devices; however, I am not very happy with the effectiveness that this app has shown since we have been using [Adobe] Captivate Prime. This app takes a long time to download courses or learning material, despite having a stable and fast network connection. In addition, this app does not have a chronological order of the courses that are being taken, [so] all [of] the courses appear out of order, and it is difficult for me to [navigate to the] right one.
- Unlike other E-learning tools we have the option of creating projects into video form.
- Easy to understand the workflow.
- Easy to simulate, add animations, highlighting contents.
- Variable using technique
- Can't import one Captivate slides to other Captivate.
- There is no inbuilt Scrolling effect available.
- Less animation effects.
- Difficult to edit imported PowerPoint slides content
- The learning curve is outstanding. The Webinars are very informative.
- I love the functions and how excellent it is to design actions and distance courses.
- Each interaction can be configured to be reported on to allow for powerful reporting capabilities.
- Users had to enable "unsafe scripts." Many problems were unrepeatable
- Error messages were limited and the descriptions on how to create and upload were not that extensive.
- Instal was a handful and took very long.
Any enterprise environment can make use of this LMS, as it will bring new life into your training processes’ optimization. Adobe Captivate Prime is a great tool for Instructional Designers who are not afraid to use their imagination. This LMS can assist in taking training design above and beyond. With this tool, your L&D team will have the opportunity to create interactive training courses.
Adobe Captivate Prime has a stellar look and feel. I was very impressed with its functionality. It boasts a modern design and is relatively easy to navigate from the moment you start learning your way around it.
The product is evolving and has a good interface for learners. The friendly “getting started” video tutorials will make learning about Adobe Captivate Prime’s key concepts and features an easy process for the first time user. You may choose one of the several roles in this application. During your sessions, you can toggle between roles (Administrator, Integration Administrator, Author, and Learner), depending on the appropriate permissions set for each user.
Although Adobe Captivate Prime’s design is more effective for small-to-medium-sized organizations, still it remains powerful. This employee-centered learning solution will surely assist you on multiple levels be it compliance training or employee skills development.
- Their customer service team is super helpful and quick to respond.
- Learning [the] calendar feature [is] easy to navigate and see all your courses.
- [I like that you can] import previous presentations to edit or even turn them into a video.
- It has a learning curve for sure!
- [I would like] more interactive features.
- [I would appreciate a] possible stripped-down more cost-friendly alternative.
- Object placement
- Text positioning
- It crashes randomly and I’ve become an anxious saver because of it.
- Reports are bare-bones.
- Virtual Classrooms
- Virtual Training
- Enhancing customer satisfaction
- Slight more expensive than competitors
- Many options that could make it challenging to use
- Needs to be purchased separately from Creative Cloud
- Pretty simple setup
- Good for smaller implementations
- Probably good for schools and similar educational institutions in the way its designed.
- The documentation leaves quite a few things to be desired. The basics seem to be there, but frequently I come across options and settings that are not covered in the documentation and need support help to clarify.
- Missing explanations within the UI makes some setup longer than needed as one doesn't know if an option is relevant for a setup or not.
- I feel the intended design for educational institutions makes it a little less flexible for other uses.
- Offered in-depth content.
- Relevant industry topics and Adobe products were featured.
- Consolidates many resources in a single place for ease of use.
- The video was of lower quality than I would have expected from a company like Adobe.
- At times, the narration did not always reflect the same topics that were shown in the video at that moment. It's as if either the video had been updated but the narration had not, or vice versa.
- It allows for the departmental subdomains to host subject-matter-expert trainings along with the enterprise-wide learning and development/career-development topics in one comprehensive system which was not possible in the past.
- Provides foundational base for us to build our succession planning strategy upon.
- Adobe Connect has the sidebar present to be used for hearing impaired compliance, however, the fluidic player does not have this capability.
- Would also like to see more flexibility in using alternative logon rather than email, so better integration with our system to allow using a different identifier - i.e. employee number.
- Can upload any number of files
- Create program is easy
- Search is easy
- Reporting is good
- Presentation of the content
- Not all reports to extracted into Excel
- Need to be more easy to deal with
- Work[s] globally
- Slightly more expensive than competitors.
- Many options that could be overwhelming for a novice.
- Visual Interactive presentations
- Connectivity with other platforms
For beginners not recommended, [I feel] there are easy options online with one-stop-shop online learning websites.
- Easy to incorporate files from Photoshop to Captivate.
- Captivate has a significant VR (virtual reality) aspect of it.
- It's an Adobe product that you can trust.
- Not part of the Creative Cloud subscription.
- Not many templates compared to Articulate Storyline.
- It cross transfers with other Adobe software really well.
- It has the ability to create VR where other e-learning software lacks.
- There are plenty of experts in the field where you can access training on the software or ask questions.
- Its not as user friendly as Storyline.
- If you don't have an LMS then it is difficult to find a way to publish the e-learning you have created.