Reviews (1-25 of 99)
- Adobe Captivate Prime is used primarily in our company for Magento Certifications.
- It is being used by our services team where each Magento developer is encouraged to complete Adobe Magento certifications.
- Since Magento is hard to expertise, Adobe Captivate Prime helps to learn in-depth concepts of Magento.
- This is used for internal employee training.
- Magento Exam preparation
- Easy apply for Magento exams
- Get to learn from experts from all over the world
- Applying for exam is quite confusing like redirecting to multiple websites
- Training fee can be less expensive
- Exact category can be provided in catalog page
- an employee is trying to learn a technology in depth.
- an employee is trying to achieve a certificate in technology.
- an employee is in a position to teach others about technology.
- an employee is working on a complex project
- the technology we are studying is constantly changing.
- Captivate Prime has a nice look and should be easy enough for most computer users to navigate quickly and effectively. I like its functionality a lot. It has a nice clean modern design and is fairly easy to navigate and understand right after jumping on in.
- Creating truly interactive training courses. With the use of imagination captivate prime allows for high level customization and design of interactive learning.
- Being able to set user roles so specifically is great, changing the permissions of what each user is allowed to see/use in the system makes the system less confusing for my co-workers who do not need to utilize the admin role(s).
- Getting started video tutorials.
- Licensing options.
- Takes a bit of upfront time to align all teams, participants etc.
- More integration opportunities.
- Price is a bit high for the size of our organization.
- It is very self-explanatory. I was able to upload a simple course within 30 minutes of starting to use Adobe Capitivate Prime.
- The support we received was outstanding. Our Adobe Success Manager guided me through the process and is available if I need assistance with a new aspect of the program.
- Most of our users are able to access Adobe Captivate Prime as soon as they receive the Welcome email. If a volunteer is struggling and I am not able to help them, the help desk jumps right in to help our users.
- Our 14,000 volunteers have 14,000 different computer and internet set-ups. The fluid player does a great job of ensuring that all of our volunteers can access training, no matter what kind of system they are using.
- Some of our volunteers have more than one role (profile) with our organization. It would be nice to be able to keep track of more than one profile for the same email address.
- I would like all the reports to use specific dates. Our program year runs from August through July, so some of the reports don't give me all of the data I need as they are based on one week, one month, three months.
- I struggled to use the Folders to keep all of my specific language courses together. I finally added them all to their own catalog based on each language, but I am not able to see easily who took which course in which language.
It is overall good but feels always outdated when it comes to presentation. It should be easier as now I feel it is complex for no reason, I need to dig deep in order to do something simple.
- It cross transfers with other Adobe software really well.
- It has the ability to create VR where other e-learning software lacks.
- There are plenty of experts in the field where you can access training on the software or ask questions.
- Its not as user friendly as Storyline.
- If you don't have an LMS then it is difficult to find a way to publish the e-learning you have created.
- You can easily prepare projects with Adobe Captivate.
- Makes it easier to prepare test and evaluation questions and format them with different formats.
- Easy to work with interactive objects.
- Tools are clear and simple.
- Must have a longer trial version.
- Preset setting should be better done.
- more user-friendly interfaces can be used.
- AI-based personalization--this is very useful and time-saving when creating content.
- Gamification--it keeps users engaged and competitive.
- Social learning--users can interact in discussions and learn from each other.
- The price is a little high compared to other LMS
- It would be beneficial to have an automatic spell-check in multiple languages since I rely on Grammarly and this is often inaccurate.
- We have been relying Zoom this year and I don't see any integration for it.
- Customer support.
- Administrator, instructor, learner interface is not intuitive.
- Semantics get in the way of finding solutions.
- The black look of the software is off-putting.
- Not being able to re-name an existing course is a true weakness of the system.
- Our ZOOM integration is not working, however, support is working with us to solve this problem.
- Structuring content
- Assigning via making groups
- Auto-assigning once previous training is over
- Unable to generate customized certifications without help of customer support
- Integrations can be made simpler and without using code
- Easy and nice dashboard.
- I think this is the easiest LMS system.
- It's super fast. No matter in PC/TABLET/Phone.
- In my case iPhone app should be improved, sometimes it stinks.
- Report Section should be improved, such as: it's not easy to export a report from the content library.
- Personally I didn't like the Fluid player.
- Dashboard & the interface is really easy to use.
- Really super fast within all devices.
- A lot of features.
- Really easy to interact with other Adobe products.
Where Adobe Captivate Prime is less appropriate:
- Sometimes the iPhone app is weird.
- The report section is complicated.
- Customer support team.
- Some internet browser issues.
- Multimedia learning and production of content interactively and among multiple users
- Ability to create virtual training courses with features such as questions and answers at the end of each lesson, review the lesson, remind user of the important points of the lesson
- Ability to use PowerPoint application files in projects
- Edit recorded videos--resize, resize, add another video
- There is no automatic spellcheck; you have to remember to run a manual process
- Stream support for video sharing sites
- Ability to support font shapes of other languages
- Can’t import PowerPoint slides and edit components in Adobe Captivate Prime
- Imaging the environment of any application: recording and imaging of all activities, such as mouse movement and how the keyboard works
- Edit recorded videos: resize, resize, add another video
- Quickly build virtual quizzes and Q&As
- Professional editable template
- Extract texts in XML format
- Drag-and-drop capability
- Run in the browser environment to provide and access additional tools
- Supports HTML5 content, convert PowerPoint documents directly to HTML5 with all the details
- GIF format support
- Compatible with most operating systems, especially Windows
- Managing engagement.
- Providing easy to publish content section.
- I would love to be able to include an epub that tracks a users engagement and keep track of where they are.
- I sometimes feel that we need more in-depth engagement reporting, e.g. duration spent on a specific piece of content.
- The ability to link with live Zoom meetings.
It is not always well suited to classes that require collaboration. Here I am specifically referring to a course that requires classroom sessions where learners have to actively engage in content during a live session, in order to reach outcomes.
It was a good start a few months ago, then we had to put the project on hold due to the current pandemic. That has been since last April.
Overall, we would have better feedback as soon as the actual situation would allow us resuming operations in the training department.
- Sessions management.
- Trainers are offered many options for a better course content creation, such as docs that could be edited from Adobe CC suite.
- Who's on top of the list! I love this feature, it shows dedicated and engaged employees.
- So far, we have little to add to this section.
- I like to choose appropriate figures and they can be used to help me create scenario-based questions.
- User-friendly interface
- Responsive design, which makes our students/faculty get access to the course using various devices without a problem.
- The trigger window is not on the same page as the slides and the objects, which is not convenient.
- It would be great if more readymade template available for use (Storyline 360 has a lot of templates for download and use, which is nice).
- Training videos
- Ability to have videos assigned by email
- Seeing which videos are not completed
- In the instructor menu you cannot sort the list by any means
- Not able to assign training to employees without an email
- no training
- Easy to design
- You need to study and read (this is not bad)
- The training videos online are not very general
- You need a training server it is hard to created standalone training materials that does not requires a training server
- Ease of Distribution
- Yes, need to improve the ITL (limited integration allowed)
- Need to Improve the reporting
- Need to improve the system's capability to have multiple job aids added to the courses
- It allows for the departmental subdomains to host subject-matter-expert trainings along with the enterprise-wide learning and development/career-development topics in one comprehensive system which was not possible in the past.
- Provides foundational base for us to build our succession planning strategy upon.
- Adobe Connect has the sidebar present to be used for hearing impaired compliance, however, the fluidic player does not have this capability.
- Would also like to see more flexibility in using alternative logon rather than email, so better integration with our system to allow using a different identifier - i.e. employee number.
Adobe Captivate Prime Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Adobe Captivate Prime?
Adobe Captivate Prime is a Learning Management System (LMS) developed by Adobe Inc. It is compliant with SOC 2, SSO, 508 and adheres to stringent applications, data, & cloud infrastructure security guidelines. It is GDPR compliant, too. It is also compatible with apps like SFDC, Lynda.com, Talent Management Suites, Zoom, LinkedIn Learning, Power BI, Workday, among others.
Adobe Captivate Prime LMS is designed to feature web-based or user-generated content. The automated content curation feature is powered by Adobe Sensei. It keeps a check on the quality of content uploaded on the discussion board and encourages a collaborative learning experience among users. The discussion board adopts a format similar to social media platforms where learners can follow, learn and contribute to topics that interest them.
Organizations can conduct skill training programs for employees. The training modules are aligned to business objectives and admins reward top performers with certifications and gamification points. The data on the skill and compliance report dashboard allows managers to take proactive decisions.
Adobe Captivate Prime also allows an organization to train its external ecosystems. The learning initiatives across groups are remotely monitored, while their departments, divisions, and resellers are provided with a customizable LMS to upload content autonomously. There are off-the-shelf courses that are internally developed and courses created by third-party content providers.
Adobe Captivate Prime Screenshots
Adobe Captivate Prime Videos (6)
Adobe Captivate Prime Downloadables
Adobe Captivate Prime Integrations
Adobe Captivate Prime Competitors
Adobe Captivate Prime Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Adobe Captivate Prime Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||40%|
Adobe Captivate Prime Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Adobe Captivate Prime Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America, EMEA, LATAM, APAC|
|Supported Languages:||English(US), French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, Turkish, Korean and Dutch. The learner app is further available in Simplified Chinese, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese and Italian.|