Adobe Captivate Prime Reviews

January 31, 2020

For an all-rounder LMS, Captivate Prime is the way to go

We currently use Adobe Captivate Prime to roll-out our Unit Standard Aligned blended courses to relevant staff around the company and country. As these are competency-based courses, we use the file submission availability for users to provide us with their portfolios of evidence, or any documentation that they need to provide for the course to be seen as complete. When we did the CCTV course, we did not have Captivate Prime and it literally took more than a year, and then new staff have to go through the process. Not only has it cut down on implementation, it has opened up the scope for varying assessment tools which make the training interesting, and less taxing on facilitators who have to mark, etc.

We have also recently partnered with LinkedIN Learning as they have thousands of courses and because of their integration and partnership with Adobe, we have been able to make use of Adobe's analytics to gauge the performance these courses are having for the managers, supervisors and counter champions who are utilising the system. We are able to promote an ethos of learning and expose our leaders to skills which will, in turn, assist their teams as mentoring, coaching, cognition, etc, are being focused on.

The gamification built-in to Adobe Captivate Prime has made things interesting and has definitely promoted competitiveness which has improved engagement.
  • Support - Adobe's support is absolutely fantastic. There is no issue that I have had that hasn't been dealt with quickly, professionally and seriously. Our Customer Success Manager is amazing too and just compliments the support one gets.
  • Analytics - Captivate Prime is an LMS which can be both simple and complex, allowing each user to get something from the system. The reporting and analytics are brilliant in drilling down to the actual day to minute performance stats for each learner.
  • Reporting - While the reporting and analytics are incredible, you do need a degree in Pivot tables to be able to harness the information and use it in a constructive way. LinkedIN Learning definitely is ahead in providing each to read stats on the dashboard and relevant and most useful reports. Having over 300 variations of reports is great, but what are they? Where do I find out which are the best ones to create? Where can I get in-depth training on these reports?
Adobe Captivate Prime really is an all-rounder LMS which has some of the best technology available. Perfect for corporates, and for small businesses. You are able to tie in several applications such as Slack, and it's done effortlessly. Captivate Prime is brilliant when looking to roll-out complicated training interventions as you can use several formats due to its SCORM compliance. We have used the system for Pop-up quizzes on certain new products and technologies and that has been pretty effective!
Marcio Vizoli | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 12, 2019

Enhancing the quality of your company's Learning

We use Captivate Prime throughout our company. Basically, we use it as a training tool and to help in preparing employees. It allows us to create and manage full training modules, including videos or explanatory audios. We also use it in preparing employees for new sales and marketing campaigns whenever they're launched. With having branches in several cities, Captivate becomes even more important, since all the modules and information are available online to be accessed by users with their logins, giving us peace of mind and also the possibility of checking whether the employee performed the training.
  • Freedom of organization: Captivate allows you to manage large training modules and you can assemble the structure according to what you think is most appropriate for that training
  • Accompanying the view status of the course: With Captivate Prime, we have the peace of mind to be able to check if the user has completed the course or not. We have full access and visualization on what was or not viewed, and can thus change it
  • Intuitive interface: The look is clean, pleasant and intuitive. It is not tiring for whoever manages the modules, nor for the users that carry out the training.
  • The price: The price is a little high, especially if you have many users. It can end up getting very expensive.
  • Unable to add modules to an existing course: This is a very frustrating thing. You just cannot add a module after a course is launched. I really can't understand why it was designed like this; it's a point that needs to be improved.
I believe that Captivate Prime is more suitable for companies with large numbers of employees, or companies with branches in several locations. With it, you have the "guarantee" that they are viewing the content that is posted, and are preparing properly with the material offered. For smaller companies, it would be an unnecessary expense, since this training could be given locally when necessary.
Read Marcio Vizoli's full review
August 29, 2018

A Nice Demonstration Capturing Program

We expected to demonstrate to our clients with short recordings on the best way to utilize our framework. We assembled a framework for our clients to utilize, but how can you prepare more than 4,000 clients that all work from home around the planet? Well, Captivate makes it super simple to achieve! Record yourself playing out whatever you need to demonstrate your clients, including a voiceover that clarifies what you are doing, and add some mouse development motions to make your video truly emerge and look proficient.
  • In under two hours, I had set up Captivate Prime. I had no issues.
  • The menus and alternatives are straightforward and look current.
  • In spite of the convenience, I can do pretty much anything I'd need an LMS to do with Captivate Prime.
  • I can set up client parts and authorizations at six unique levels, including Learner.
  • I can set up outside clients, i.e. those outside my association, and send each of them a connection to give them a chance to set up their own login and secret key, sparing me a considerable measure of time and guaranteeing more noteworthy security.
  • Prime gives me a chance to set up sets of abilities for students to accomplish, and attach them to learning goals.
  • I can transfer courses, recordings, PowerPoints, PDF documents, and quickly and easily utilizing Prime's Fluidic Player.
  • There's a free application to utilize Prime on cell phones.
  • The Reports that Prime produces out of the box are extremely decent, and I can likewise make my own.
  • There are gamification and marking alternatives as well.
  • The administration is somewhat costly as it depends on the quantity of clients and does exclude a level expense for a set number as given by different administrations
  • Can't utilize intelligent substance for work helps
  • The setup procedure was long and somewhat dreary, however it was fundamental, they assisted with all the preparation.
We utilize Captivate to make learning modules that walk a client through particular assignments, or show to them another arrangement or strategy. It is also appropriate for making content that requires collaboration, or showing off what the client has realized. I believe that it tends to be utilized for anything that you utilize PowerPoint for, and upgrades your introduction both inside and out
December 09, 2016

To Adobe or not to Adobe...

We previously used Adobe Captivate Prime to administer clinical training modules and videos to our clients and partner clinics to standardize the clinical training process on our medical devices. We now use it to support our company employees to administer and manage on-going clinical education. It is managed by the medical affairs department and distributed to our sales and marketing teams.
  • Being able to track user usage is very important when you want to ensure people have viewed the necessary training modules. That's a key feature. Being able to generate reports based on a variety of parameters has been helpful.
  • Clean looking interface and fairly simple navigation of the website are nicely laid out.
  • Customer support is always available and responds relatively quickly to questions or concerns.
  • One of my on-going roles was to produce and maintain courses, which compiled various learning modules that we developed. One of the challenges was that I wanted to update those courses with new modules as they became developed. However, being able to update a course had its limitations. You had to basically duplicate a course, delete the older version and then re-enroll all necessary personnel into the new course. It was a multi-step process that seemed more complicated than it needed to be. I wish there was a way to just add modules to an existing course. When you created a new course, you also lost all data on user usage.
  • I had to enroll offices/clinics to be "Learners" with Adobe Captivate Prime. However, with a recent update, it automatically made an office both a learner and manager if we only gave that site 1 seat. For offices that will have limited interface with Adobe - I just needed them to watch our clinical training modules - they were not expected to learn everything about Adobe Captivate Prime. So automatically giving them the role as manager was unnecessary and complicated my instructions to them.
We just initiated our first internal clinical training for our company employees and it was very easy for me to manage. I think it has some challenges when it comes to a person navigating their way through the site, but with repeated use and familiarity with the site, that no longer becomes an issue. When it comes to training larger number of people/offices, it is limited based on the account you have. We did not have an unlimited number of licenses to give out when it came to granting access to external customers - so the challenge was always juggling the limited number of licenses we could provide. It involved constant reminders of expiry dates and extensions for those that needed more time to view the training modules.

Adobe Captivate Prime Scorecard Summary

Course authoring (2)
Course catalog or library (3)
Player/Portal (2)
Learning content (2)
Mobile friendly (3)
Progress tracking & certifications (3)
Assignments (3)
Compliance management (2)
Learning administration (3)
Learning reporting & analytics (3)
9.2
Social learning (3)

About Adobe Captivate Prime

Adobe Captivate Prime is a corporate LMS that allows admins to set up, deliver, and track learning, as well as develop skill-based learning programs. The UI can be customized with enterprise brand colors and themes to change the look and feel. Captivate Prime includes gamification and mobile learning, which the vendor says can foster a strong learning culture. The in-built LCMS allows users to store, version and reuse modules. The Fluidic Player plays eLearning content seamlessly in a variety of formats, including PPTX, video, PDF, and DOCX files, and AICC, xAPI, SCORM packages. The vendor says admins can improve knowledge retention by allowing learners to make revision notes in the Fluidic Player for future referencing. The smart enroller allows admins to quickly assign trainings to users, and learners can consume content in online or offline mode, on any device, and track their progress using a personalized dashboard.

Adobe Captivate Prime Technical Details