Overall Satisfaction with CrashPlan
Crashplan is being offered as an optional service to all departments. Adoption percentage is still small, but rapidly growing within and between departments. At this point in time crashplan is protecting around 500 extremely heterogeneous endpoints.
- Endpoint backup is effectively invisible from the administrative point of view. After a year of use we have seen no reports of issues from end users or from the service.
- Support, several obvious edge cases of "you shouldn't be doing that" by end users was reported, and successfully resolved.
- There is a relatively new feature for legal holds, worth the cost of the service first time you use it.
- Could use a slightly more advanced or even flexible permissions system. Probably sufficient for >95% of deployments though.
- They have been updating at a fast pace. Not really a con, but some people are not prepared for that from this type of product.
- I'm not really in a position to calculate ROI, but does get used a LOT. Certainly there has been enough interest and continued use to have more than covered the operating costs.