Overall Satisfaction with CrashPlan
We are using CrashPlan on a department-by-department basis. Our IT department were the first adopters and are the most vocal supporters to other departments. We now have three campuses and five departments fully involved, and we are rolling out to two other departments. We use it for backup of all our client PCs, and for the backup of 159 remote locations who needed a backup solution that could be throttled to run only at night on limited bandwidth.
- Ease of Installation - our users can install the product themselves which helps when we have limited help desk assistance.
- Ease of Use - our users can restore their own files by following simple prompts.
- Ease of Administration - one console allows admins to see who is backing up, when they backed up, and how much. They can also do legal holds and admin restores of files.
- I think they do a great job and I can't think of any thing that can be improved.
- It has reduced the time to replace laptops for users, which has improved customer satisfaction with IT.
- It has reduced the cost of other backup solutions.
Both of them required local external disks while Crashplan uses a cloud solution. Microsoft's failed to back up my PC and I didn't know it until it crashed.