Reviews (1-25 of 126)
- Backing up all our Office 365 data.
- Restoring any files, including email, is very efficient and straightforward.
- Easy management. It's easy to set up and manage the backup processes.
- As part of the initial setup, we had a few issues surrounding large numbers of accounts being backed up at the same time. This was more a Microsoft issue than anything, and with help from support, we resolved the issue.
- The email reports can be a little useless on occasion. For example, I don't need an email every day with a failed backup report if there are no failures.
- Again with email, the weekly backup report has so much information in it that the email sometimes fails to load. A simple email with a link to click would be better.
- The ability to track file access with the auditing system is unparalleled. We can generate reports on a user or on a file/folder to see who has accessed it and when.
- When a file went missing we reviewed when it was last accessed and it was deleted 6 months ago. With Druva inSync we were able to not only recover the file but determine who deleted it and inform them of better practices so it wasn't accidentally deleted again. This was incredible and invaluable.
- Managing teams of users and how they access folders/files is great and very simple.
- We often share access to folders or files with our clients during the software development phase and having the ability to revoke access as needed is fantastic. If you accidentally sent a link out for sensitive files you would be able to revoke access to that link and generate a new one rather quickly.
- The main area they could use improvement on is the client on your local computer. There were a few times it would stop working and I would need to contact customer support to get it working again. Those scenarios have been fewer as of this year so they hopefully have things sorted out by now.
- The version control system does exist, but it is kind of hard to access so they could improve how you access it and how it works.
- Restoring users and deleted files from both Cloud and desktop applications, with only a few button click.
- The InSync dashboard allows me to see where all my assets are and when their last backups occurred.
- The installation process was VERY easy. So getting everyone up and running was painless.
- Restoration Log Report, should match file name to Microsoft's Activity log. One for one comparison helps to ensure that all files were restored.
- They need a report that also allows me to know if a backup process is taking a more than normal amount of time. I had one user whose backup started August 28th and was still running Sept 15th. This to me, would be a "failed" backup, but it was just stuck and none of their reports alerted me.
- I really don't have a third issue, Druva Rocks!
- Easy to configure group or company-wide backup and recovery policies
- Accommodates backups of both on-device data and O365 cloud-based data (email and OneDrive)
- Provides at a glance summaries of data storage use, device status, and backups
- Affords device location ability, and remote device erase from an easy to use portal
- We have been using the solution for only six months, and in that time I have not identified any areas needing improvement.
- Runs in the background with no interference to the user. It simply works.
- Having users able to do their own restores if something goes missing and as an IT Department, using Druva to restore data to their new machines during a transition is very quick and easy, also it restores user settings and preferences to the new machine as well with their usage of USMT.
- Deduplication on the server side is very effective and nice for storage costs. We have around a 50% deduplication rate meaning we have double the storage available for backups than what we would otherwise have available without dedupe.
- User and backend administration is straight forward and simple, there isn't a very complicated or in depth UI on the management console side so it makes getting up and running and ongoing administration fast and simple.
- Using Druva as a revisionist tool is also a good use of the product. If you're working on a big document in Word it's a good idea to hit the backup button every few minutes so if you accidentally delete half the document you can just restore back to a 5 minute old version of the document and the amount of loss work and time will be drastically reduced, just another way to use the tool for your benefit.
- They are not offering the on premise version of their software anymore so you have to do a cloud based solution with them which for some entities can pose an issue, we are not thrilled about this and may end up leaving Druva due to it although we otherwise wouldn't if they continued to allow us to keep our backed up data locally instead of in their cloud or any cloud based solution
- The product is simple so there aren't any hard to use features however the back end database can be sensitive to reboots, if the services are stopped or the server is restarted when back ups are running it more than likely will end in a corrupted database and support will have to intervene to possible fix it or more likely delete and start over, having to have all users run a full backup again and starting over. Also if you have a hardware issue on your SAN for example it isn't resilient by nature.
- inSync was easy to deploy. I spend little time managing the software.
- I never need to worry about buying additional backup hardware. Druva inSync scales with my needs.
- The user sees no impact during backups
- Some of the errors you'll get on failed jobs can be ambiguous
- Real-time monitoring: user data usage, activities, and device locator.
- Compliance enforcement: compliance templates available for regulated industries.
- DLP settings: device trace, auto-delete, and file encryption.
- More intuitive dashboards
- Ability to add licenses from the dashboard
- Restoring any data, such as mail items is very efficient and helpful compared to other products.
- The Dashoboard is very user-friendly and it also makes managing and monitoring the processes a lot faster.
- Being cloud-based, you can access the dashboard from anywhere and anytime with no need to worry about hardware and maintenance.
- Reporting needs some improvement in my mind.
- Easy to use, the interface is intuitive and training requirements were minimal.
- Good audit trails and history of data access.
- Collaboration is simple.
- Change management - The notification or major changes is often slow or hard to find.
- The license model for external collaborators isn't great and I think this could be simplified.
- More enhancements to the audit trail and access notifications would be great.
- Cloud-based backup of client data works well, use of bandwidth is appropriately managed in order to ensure it does not saturate the link.
- Recovery of client data can be done directly back to the device in the original folder quickly and efficiently, restoration back to an alternative location can also be achieved should it be required.
- Administrative and legal searches work well and enable finding of documents relatively quickly and easily.
- The Druva inSync mobile app is clunky to use and does provide an easy method to edit documents from a mobile device which some of the competitor products do.
- The Druva inSync PC app does not allow for a right-click restore function, instead, you need to use the full client which is more time consuming and less obvious to a typical user.
- Druva inSync is natively unable to backup files in OneDrive which has become a common business tool.
- Backup and Restore - Profiles are extremely configurable which gives the ability to back up the exact data we need to worry about.
- Lightweight endpoint agent. CPU and Bandwidth throttling options are very useful.
- Intuitive Management console, The RBAC features, and AD integration make it easy to empower our remote IT Staff and tier 1 support to perform necessary user support requests.
- Reporting functionality seems to be a bit limited, and nice feature I'd like to see added would be the ability to create custom reports.
- A nice feature in our environment would be SCCM integration, we're user device affinity could be leveraged to provision user to devise associations.
- Quick set-up.
- Easy restoration of backed up information.
- Information easy to view on the admin dashboard.
- Re-provisioning of license procedure is clunky.
- Data maintenance for former employees is cumbersome.
- Provides complete governance solution for the physical devices includes mobile devices.
- App-aware deduplication reduces the storage and bandwidth utilization.
- So far nothing to dislike has arisen, the software works as expected and does a good job.
- Easy backup -- set it and forget it
- Cloud option is secure
- Plenty of space to backup with
- Not very expensive!!
- Backups on Dell usb-c connected docks don't always work
- Randomly, a client does not backup even though I know they are properly connected
- Sometimes users become inactive for no reason.
- Druva inSync is a very fast and small footprint backup software.
- Druva inSync enterprise deduplication is efficient and minimizes spaced used across all backed up data.
- Druva inSync allows for encrypted data, geolocation of devices, and easy deployment.
- Druva - Come back with your on-premise solution!
- Backup of documents
- Restore documents to replacement or rebuilt devices
- Consistently restore all files to a replacement device. We are able to restore folders individually, but restoring all files to their original locations does not work every time
- Runs seamlessly in the background.
- Central administration and management so IT can make sure we are constantly in compliance.
- Allows IT to track and remote wipe a PC in case it is lost or stolen.
- We had some initial challenges with testing remote wipe of a PC about a year ago, but I believe we have since resolved the issue.
- Dashboard gives me a quick and thorough look across all backup operations.
- Tracking helps me keep track of folks and how to help them in case needed
- Compression is effective enough to keep all previous employee backups without spending a ton on storage
- Keep a focus on On-Premise
- Bring back Share for On-Premise
- Stop trying to bully people into making decisions you want them to make. Just offer great products and let the consumer decide.
- The Backup is reliable and can be tailored to specific users needs through profiles.
- The restoration which runs in the background can be set to run onto a new device without having to continually monitor the process
- The onboarding of clients is automated, and easy to administrate end users backups
- The tech support is by far the best support technicians, who are all very knowledgeable and very prompt no matter what the problem is
- One item I would like to see is for a same product line allowing for both onsite backups to our Cacheing servers only along with the current cloud based system
- Druva allows for user access from anywhere in the world on multiple platforms, such as mobile and web platform
- As an administrator, the auditing of the data is easy. When recovering the data you have the ability to recover single items or the who backup.
- managing users is also simple and hassle free with the admin console. applying permissions for access or creating retention policies is simple.
- I can't think of any thing off the top of my head that Druva really needs improvement as i didn't encounter any issues.
We use DRUVA as our Enterprise Laptop Backup application which is installed on all Windows and MAC based systems and is used across the organization.
DRUVA saves us a vast amount of time when migrating users to new laptops. The process before DRUVA took upwards of 2 hours per machine and after DRUVA we're seeing system migrations fall into the 10-15 minute time frame.
The executive teams are the most impressed by the reduced downtime to migrate them to another laptop when they are experience issues or are receiving a totally new machine. We all know how hard it is to impress executives!
- Druva is the "Ron Co" of the computing world - "Set it and forget it!" It just works!
- Some of Druva's competitors tend to use more resources (processor and RAM) at all times; during backup and non-backup periods.
- The ability to reduce network bandwidth works extremely well, especially for those power users who believe that any application or service running on their machine slows down the performance they need to work effectively. Not the case with Druva. When Druva is actively backing up during an idle state. When the end-user engages the system to start working the Druva client immediate reduces the processor, RAM and network traffic it's utilizing to allow for the machine to perform as needed.
- It would be nice to be able to backup redirected folders in Windows. This is not currently an option.
We have 200+ successful laptop migration (70% Windows and 30% MAC) either due to new laptop replacement, lost/stolen machine or hardware issues.
Not sure we have one specific scenario that was any more important than the other.
Druva inSync Scorecard Summary
About Druva inSync
Workforce mobility and the rise of cloud services is an essential part of any business, but it creates a number of challenges for IT. Data spread across devices and cloud services, unpredictable schedules, and varied network connections all complicate efforts to protect and govern enterprise information.
Druva inSync provides unified data protection, management, and information governance across endpoints and cloud applications. Delivered as-a-service, Druva inSync aims to simplify backup, archival, compliance, and device management to reduce the cost and complexity of protecting end user data, ensure regulatory compliance, and improve data visibility. With centralized management and self-help data recovery, the vendor proposes that users' mobile workforces are protected without impacting productivity.
Druva inSync Screenshots
Druva inSync Video
Druva inSync Downloadables
Druva inSync Integrations
Druva inSync Competitors
100% SaaS, 0% Infrastructure. Lower TCO by up to 50%. Informed decisions based on governed data.
Druva inSync Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Druva inSync Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Languages:||English, Japanese|