Reviews (1-25 of 156)
Druva allows us to backup OneDrive, Email and SharePoint. our most common restores are for email. The in place restore being the most useful, but for the restores to a new folder have been great for discovery\compliance issues.
- Easy install with Autopilot.
- Easy interface for users.
- Low bandwidth utilization for backups.
- Email and OneDrive.
- Does not do the entire computer by default. Only profile of the signed on user.
- The administrative console is hard to navigate in the begininng.
We also use the service to backup all email.
It is great for sales people who might drop their laptop.
It is great for the legal department for easy searches.
Probably not a good fit for a VDI environment on the desktop. But still use it for SharePoint, OneDrive and Exchange mail.
- inSync has eliminated corrupted user profiles.
- The ease of restoring a missing file.
- Spending less time to restore a missing or corrupted file.
- The ease of transferring data to a new device.
- A broader dashboard on the home page.
- Low system disk and memory used while running backup.
- Quick support.
- Restoration process is very simple.
- Updates and no break-down issues.
- GUI for file restoration.
- Restoring files in office dedicated local server (with restriction).
Data backup solutions are like insurance, we pay the premium for years & when there is accident or mishap then we get the claim. Our experience with Druva is excellent, whenever data was required for any user we got the same.
- Hastle-free backup management via agent installed on the user's machine.
- Cloud backup solution so backup happens every time, in office or outside office.
- PST backup available which is not there in many solutions.
- Excellent support from DRUVA, I never had an instance where call delayed from Druva support by 1 hour.
- Fine tuning of the DRUVA agent as user face performance issues during first full backup.
- Data restoration for users left is a bit tough procedure, needs to be easy.
- Cost should be reduced.
We can schedule data backup with 5 min frequency so data loss chances become minimum.
- Ease of deployment
- Ease of use for IT and end users
- Ease of data recovery
- Low Cost
- The only area of concern has been the storage quota per user. While pooled we cannot fully back up everyone 500gb laptop drive without going over our quota.
- Easy to use for both end user and administrator
- The central console is clear. You can see the backup status of each user and/or device, track the location of the device, and update the endpoint agent version.
- Mobile access to your backups
- Backups may not work well over a reduced bandwidth internet connection.
- You cannot add single users to your license.
- It would be nice to have a mobile app for the administrator.
- Regularly done backups; every 8 hours is how we have it setup, but you can easily change this.
- Restoration of files if there is an issue with a laptop.
- New Versions don't show Release Notes; actually have to Google this information.
- There are quite a few outages.
- Sometimes support can be slow.
- Fire and forget. Once a user signs into the inSync agent, they don't have to worry about backups.
- Single sign-in means users don't have yet another password to forget.
- Druva inSync has a low impact on laptop resources.
- Cost. It is kind of expensive.
- Monitoring problem machines: user hasn't activated; backups haven't occurred
- Better way of "offboarding" users
- Better way of archiving a user's backups
- A faster way of downloading an archived user's backup
- Security (encryption)
- Easy to manage
- Lightweight agents
- Central console in cloud
- High cost of a single user
- Inflexible price list (order for a minimum of 1 year)
- The minimum number of licenses ordered is 25.
- Only two plans unlimited or 50GB
Druva inSync is less useful for desktops that have constant access to the local network and servers where the data can be stored (network drives).
- Druva inSync is a very fast and small footprint backup software.
- Druva inSync enterprise deduplication is efficient and minimizes spaced used across all backed up data.
- Druva inSync allows for encrypted data, geolocation of devices, and easy deployment.
- Druva - Come back with your on-premise solution!
- no training
- PC backup. In today's world of failed drives, crypto-ransom, and theft a good backup is an absolute must.
- Ease of data restore - The user can easily retrieve previous backups of data, add additional folders or drives to the backup, and even pull data from a PC backup down to their mobile device for review remotely.
- Data compression/dedupe and file filtering - The compression/dedupe/filtering processing that Druva inSync does is amazing. It not only saves on the footprint that the backups take but the technology also minimizes the amount of data transmitted on every backup. This results in shorter running backups and minimal resource drain during those backups.
- I honestly can't think of any points of improvement at this time.
anything and it all can be easily managed just by logging in. Always up to date and fast. The support and implementation team have
been great. A couple days after I implemented it sure enough one of my employees had gotten hit with Ransomware and their SharePoint and One Drive were corrupted. With Druva backing up our Office 365 accounts it was a breeze to restore and a lifesaver due to the fact that the employee in question was in HR.
- Easy to set up.
- End user friendly.
- Cost effective.
- Easy and simple restores.
- So far the solution is great.
- Mass deployment for remote workers for desktop backups is a little tricky.
- Interface of the software is great.
- Simple LDAP configuration for importing users and using a seamless SSO process.
- Remote restores via the admin console are a life saver!
- Activity monitor gives you a holistic view into the backups and restores in progress.
- Better tracking in the activity monitor.
- A little less expensive to add the backup of cloud services.
- Restore as another user when logged-in as an admin (not just download their content).
- We had a MacBook Air that was dropped in a puddle and was basically totaled. Once the user was given a new laptop, Druva inSync was able to completely restore the desktop.
- Druva inSync was used as temporary storage for iOS updating.
- Email Inbox was corrupted, but since the user was backed up on Druva inSync. We were able to recover everything that was lost.
- The ability to customize notifications
- More admin control--be able to remotely force backups
- Secondary on-site storage and hardware
- Cloud storage - no on-prem storage necessary.
- Unlimited backups - can backup as frequently as 15 minutes to daily backups.
- Intuitive administrative console allows for mandatory folders to be backed up and blacklist certain extensions from the backup (such as .ISOs).
- Secure, fast, and very easy to roll out.
- Better controls of the DLP component (rules, procedures, schedules).
- Context-menus so people can select a file on their computer and easily roll back to previous versions.
By utilizing Druva we ensure contingency in case of equipment loss or damage.
Different user templates.
- Backs up up any content that is required, very customizable.
- Can be deployed silently with minimal user awareness.
- Package up-gradable easily after deployment.
- They need better mass deployment capabilities for larger organizations outside of SCCM.
- Needs to be a super-user account that has admin rights.
- Better automation outside of APIs.
- Once the first normal backup completes, the incremental backup usually completes very quickly.
- Centralized management that comes with flexible admin rights assignment. This helps me delegate data backup management to my 8 offices in the USA.
- Good data legal hold features
- Druva inSync can automate new user creation to have a legal hold to save the customer's manual configuration time.
- Druva inSync could improve its English grammar: For example, new inSync Client upgrade message on the inSync console mentioned a new version 6.7.1 will be "Released on : 19-Sep-2020" on Sep 18 2020.
It may be less appropriate because it may require a lot of effort to implement at the beginning. You must allocate considerable resources to onboard your users.
Druva inSync Scorecard Summary
What is Druva inSync?
Workforce mobility and the rise of cloud services is an essential part of any business, but it creates a number of challenges for IT. Data spread across devices and cloud services, unpredictable schedules, and varied network connections all complicate efforts to protect and govern enterprise information.
Druva inSync provides unified data protection, management, and information governance across endpoints and cloud applications. Delivered as-a-service, Druva inSync aims to simplify backup, archival, compliance, and device management to reduce the cost and complexity of protecting end user data, ensure regulatory compliance, and improve data visibility. With centralized management and self-help data recovery, the vendor proposes that users' mobile workforces are protected without impacting productivity.
Druva inSync Screenshots
Druva inSync Videos (2)
Druva inSync Downloadables
Druva inSync Integrations
Druva inSync Competitors
Druva inSync Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
100% SaaS, 0% Infrastructure. Lower TCO by up to 50%. Informed decisions based on governed data.
Druva inSync Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Druva inSync Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Languages:||English, Japanese|