Falcon - a complete review
March 13, 2020
Falcon - a complete review
Score 8 out of 10
- Falcon Services (Incident Response & Proactive Services)
Overall Satisfaction with CrowdStrike Falcon Endpoint Protection
CrowdStrike is being used within the security department. It is installed on machines within the whole organization, but the only people typically looking into the platform are the security team. Systems team has access to the platform, but only log on as needed to update sensors or install new ones. It addresses the issue of not needing to manually scan machines. The detections allow for easily digging into any potential issues.
- Detailed explanations and break downs of detection.
- Allows for remote control of machines.
- Easy to deploy.
- Falcon isn't continuously scanning the machine, if something is downloaded and viewed as safe it won't be re-checked later.
- More dashboards and information on vulnerabilities on the machines would be helpful.
- More reports that could be given to executives would also be beneficial. There are some now, but the options are rather limited.
- Easier management of machines from a single pane of glass.
- Easier updates on detection on machines (sends an email).
- Better insight into CVE's on machines.
Symantec is a very useful tool but it is slightly outdated. Falcon is a lot more of a cutting edge technology that is growing and continuing to grow as their user base grows. It allows for more easily looking into detections. One of the things I preferred about Symantec was that it continuously scans to ensure that something on a machine that was malicious, wasn't bypassed on the first scan.
When I receive support, it is always useful and informative. However, the support doesn't get back to me in the most timely manner. Often, by the time I hear back from support I have already resolved the issue. But for bigger issues, that need more in-depth help the support team has been incredibly valuable.
Do you think CrowdStrike Falcon Endpoint Protection delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with CrowdStrike Falcon Endpoint Protection's feature set?
Did CrowdStrike Falcon Endpoint Protection live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of CrowdStrike Falcon Endpoint Protection go as expected?
Would you buy CrowdStrike Falcon Endpoint Protection again?
Falcon does an efficient job of detecting suspicious activity on machines. It is well suited for any scenario, I can't think of a particular case where Falcon wouldn't be useful. There could be a greater amount of dashboards and reporting options, if your company is heavy on those I would suggest looking into Falcon's options before purchasing the product.