True user's reporting platforms evaluation
March 14, 2023

True user's reporting platforms evaluation

Gary Goodnight | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with D&B Finance Analytics

I use D&B for both, customer credit worthiness and vendor stability evaluations. new vendors are reviewed before onboarding. New and existing customers are reviewed before project kick off.

Pros

• It provides a uniform rating model
  • It provides current information
  • It is easy to read and understand

Cons

• D&B could use more insight from business feedback. I never know where the data was obtained.
  • D&B is not as functional for smaller business evaluations.
  • The website function routing could be made easier to follow.
  • ROI - the return from this investment is obtained by the reduced risk in extending credit
D&B is used to evaluate both sides of the B2B transactions. Our company to our vendors to align ourselves with well established and trust worthy suppliers. Then, analyzing risk with existing and new clients. Some risk is averted through terms management that are assigned due to the risk of the client. Some risk is averted through evaluation of our clients customer as well due the nature of construction projects.
For myself, I have used D&B for years at my previous employer. It was an easy implementation. Establishing standard practices was the key to using D&B for risk analysis and avoidance.
The latest D&B platform is very good when compared to BCR (Business credit reports) and has better information than Experian. BCR is must better suited for small business evaluation. Is offers more report choices that offers more ways to find the small business.
I have not used the support offered for this product. I have been able to use the platform and find what I am searching for without support.

Do you think D&B Finance Analytics delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with D&B Finance Analytics's feature set?

Did D&B Finance Analytics live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of D&B Finance Analytics go as expected?

Would you buy D&B Finance Analytics again?

Finding financial data on larger or well established companies has been fiarly easy. The latest platform is even better than a few years ago. the rating system helps get outside insight into how a company is performing as well as where it may be heading.
Finding good data or enough data on smaller or newer companies is more difficult. The data may be so limited that it does not help with evaluations.

Comments