Daptiv PPM customer feedbackhttps://www.trustradius.com/project-managementDaptivUnspecified6.7201012016-02-19T17:03:52.273Z
February 19, 2016
Daptiv PPM customer feedback
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Daptiv
Daptiv PPM is being primarily used by the IT department currently. There is some discussion to allow use of the tool outside of IT if there is a fit with specific business needs. I utilize Daptiv heavily for its project portfolio management capabilities coupled with its resource planning views. Together these allow teams to better understand which projects are consuming resources and the overall impact to resource supply and timelines for availability. The time tracking functionality has also been beneficial as it is captures actual time spent on specific projects and helps teams to provide better estimates for similar project requests.
- Daptiv is particularly well suited for capturing project details in one location and the tool can function as an intake process for project requests.
- This has been helpful to my organization as it has allowed us to stop using individual spreadsheets that often do not align.
- The Resource Management function in Daptiv offers an overall view of project demand versus available capacity. This has allowed my team to show internal IT teams as well as the executive teams where resources are being focused.
- The Time Tracking function was something that my company was missing as a centralized tool. Previously, disparate spreadsheets were used, or in some cases, an outdated tool only used by few teams was still in use. Daptiv has made time tracking easier for users as well as given visibility into where work efforts are expended.
- A project management function is available in Daptiv however, my teams find that it is not useful for complex projects. It is a functional module, however it would be more useful and more widely used if it was more flexible. Entering tasks is somewhat cumbersome currently.
- The Reporting functionality is very good in Daptiv, however to create custom reports requires someone to be very familiar with the Cognos tool. In my company we do not have the resources to bring someone on staff with this skillset.
- I am in the process of establishing a hard dollar ROI received from Daptiv. However, there have been many soft dollar benefits we have achieved. Soft benefits include IT teams that are more aligned to business objectives, "one version of the truth" for where work is being performed and resources consumed, and more accurate estimation of project requests.
Daptiv is an integrated toolset that satisfies our needs for multiple functions (project intake, resource capacity management, time tracking, portfolio planning and management). Daptiv was selected based on our evaluation of multiple tools. It was a close race between a couple of tools but we felt that Daptiv was a better fit for both our immediate and long term needs.
Daptiv is useful for companies looking to gain visibility into their project demand and understand their resource capacity against the demand. Like any tool, Daptiv does require some process changes and/or to have a disciplined approach as far as project intake and resource time tracking. A company will get out of the tool actionable information only if they are capable of inputting data consistently by and across the teams that will benefit from its use.