Daptiv - solid toolhttps://www.trustradius.com/project-managementDaptivUnspecified6.7201012016-02-25T19:19:44.581Z
February 25, 2016
Daptiv - solid tool
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Daptiv
We use Daptiv within one branch of our organization for Project and portfolio management and time tracking. We use it for project tracking and status reporting at the project and entire portfolio level, and do resource management. We have ~225 users.
- Daptiv provides one location for consistent information about ALL our projects to support executive reporting
- Daptiv is very customizable to support your business processes and language
- Daptiv has improved the usability of their resource planning ability recently and this is increasingly a strength.
- The Daptiv UI has seen some significant improvements recently that were long in coming. However I am still waiting for more that are on their plan. Lack of ability to customize what appears on specific screens or to add hover over help for less experienced users make it a difficult sell for some of our occasional users.
- Daptiv comes with Cognos reports that does allow reporting against all the data elements. However the lack of ability to extract data in any form other than an emailed report significantly limits the ability to interface with the data.
- Changes to many of the data elements are not tracked to who made changes and when.
- Access to data elements is at a very broad level making it difficult to allow third party users to use the tool with limited access.
- Daptiv has allow my organization to get a closer handle on ALL the projects that are taking place.
- We can now tell where our development groups' work is going.
I was not involved in the selection process but based on my experience I would say that Microsoft Project Server definitely shows it roots in Microsoft Project. Nice UI, nicer hands on tools for PMs but not a strong in keeping an eye on non project work and much weaker on resource management from the resource managers point of view. Also the link between the desk top and web interface are confusing at best with Microsoft Project Server.
Daptiv is well suited to a mid to large size relatively structured organization. It has a top down focus and flexibility that supports executive reporting well. Like most PPM tools it does require some central administration. Right now it is not highly suited to development organization that is fully agile.
Daptiv Feature Ratings
230 - IT Development, Professional Services, Client Services, Finance, vendors - about 180 do timesheets and the rest only access project information
3 - Basic admin skills for user management, larger process vision for customization, reporting skill for data extraction and reporting
- Time tracking
- Project approval
- Project status tracking
- Resource requesting and management
- We have worked with our vendor to support their resource planning even though they are not time tracking in the system
- We would like to better integrate with our Agile teams
- We would like to make use of the reporting upgrade that is coming to improve our executive dashboard
Big issues I have always had good luck in response and they are generally resolved quickly. Smaller issues do sometimes go into a black hole. I do not have a way to track my issue currently.
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Not kept informed
The main thing that I have to apologize for is the UI. Does the job but just not the flexible responsive experience that most users are used to.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- UI would not be Daptiv strong point so not sure that I would describe any parts as elegant but I would say that the new Project resource plan is very complete and usable.