Overall Satisfaction with Datadog
Datadog provides great visibility into how our server infrastructure is performing. There is support for a huge variety of integrations, pretty much any service you can think of has a supported integration. Our organization uses the dashboard functionality to get a quick view as to the current state of our environment. If there's a server or website issue, everyone hops onto Datadog to get a view as to what's happening.
- The dashboard is easy to customize and understand for our organization to consume various site metrics.
- The integration support is very strong, pretty much any service you can think of is supported. Also can create custom metrics.
- Datadog customer support is helpful and responsive. Can generally help with workarounds to any issues.
- User interface could be improved in some areas, looking for host information and the agent install link takes a bit of time.
- Configuration of the agent is generally done via a config file which is a pro and a con. It would be nice to have some UI to configure various agent options.
- Billing isn't entirely straightforward, they could use more reports to figure out the source of your monthly costs.
- Visibility into website issues and performance problems has improved our company communication.
- Handling and detecting site issues faster has improved customer satisfaction and retention.
- Configuration of the Datadog site can take a bit of time and we lost a bit of developer time during that process.
Geckoboard has nice dashboard options, however their third party system support isn't as strong as Datadog. Geckoboard did not support all the various server and development systems we use, whereas Datadog did. Also, Datadog has better alerting and monitoring options than Datadog. Geckoboard was mainly geared toward dashboards and we needed more.
Datadog is the best application we have come across for displaying website and server metrics as well as alerts. Datadog can consume events from a whole host of systems and configure alerts when issues appear. Datadog has both Windows and Linux support, so it can handle posting metrics from pretty much any server.