Overall Satisfaction with Datameer
I use Datameer for building use-case-driven data pipelines. We are also now using it to ETL on-premises data to a cloud data warehouse. These pipelines are used to enable reports and dashboards for various business units in my organization. Using Datameer has saved us a lot of time and money and we didn't need to hire a data ops team. Datameer is easy to use with no need to write code, so business teams are even using it.
- Scales data processing using elastic compute framework (Spark)
- Simplifies the process of building ETL data pipelines in the cloud
- Extensive data source connectivity and easily connects to source data using connectors
- A fast learning curve with a no-code interface so anyone can use it
- It provides an Excel-like interface to have quick and simple access to data
- Transformation speed
- Many tabs sometimes reduce your focus
- Might be better to have a more compact design
- Video tutorials are a little long
- Quick time to value. Transition from developer to learning Datameer is less than a day.
- Workspace is drag and drop, which makes it intuitive and easy to use.
- Speed of data transformations.
- Pulling data from various sources.
- Easy to schedule data pipelines.
- Tailor made for Snowflake and Redshift.
- Documentation is sometimes not updated quickly.
- Training videos are a bit long.
Pricing, support, and ease of use. We plan to scale up our data over the net few years and Datameer gives us all the things we need in one tool. Handles large transformations quickly and works with all the cloud data warehouses.
Datameer's per-user pricing sealed the deal for us as we plan to transfer much more data over the next few years. We looked at Fivetran but the usage pricing discourages growth. We also looked at Informatica but it was too expensive and didn't work as well with other BI tools like Datameer does.
Do you think Datameer delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Datameer's feature set?
Did Datameer live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Datameer go as expected?
Would you buy Datameer again?
- Good for companies looking to scale up data processing over the next few years. Datameer has per-user pricing so we do not worry about ETL costs spiraling out of control compared to other products, like Fivetran, that price per usage.
- Very powerful transformation capabilities.
- Lots of built-in features required for operationalizing pipelines that would otherwise require the use of multiple tools.
- Great tool if you need to ETL data to a cloud data warehouse like Snowflake. Datameer replaces our need for a data ops team.
- Solid integration with other BI products like Tableau and PowerBI and also data from Google Analytics and Facebook Ads.