TrafficLIVE - perfect for managing timesheetshttps://www.trustradius.com/project-managementDeltek TrafficLIVEUnspecified7101012015-12-02T20:29:17.497Z
December 02, 2015
TrafficLIVE - perfect for managing timesheets
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Deltek TrafficLIVE
We used Deltek Traffic LIVE across the whole organisation for scheduling and tracking jobs across multiple teams in different locations and for keeping track of time sheets and job related expenses and purchases. We also use it for managing our client contact database.
- The time sheet area is really good - it's easy to drag and drop and fill in time sheets with allocated tasks quickly, which makes it more likely that people will actually do it!
- It's invaluable to be able to see the time spent on different tasks across a job - both for keeping track of ongoing projects, but also to plan resourcing and costs for the next time.
- It's useful to be able to mark parts of a job as 'complete' before the full job is finished - this makes it easier to track which tasks still have to be finished, and makes sure that people are tracking time to the correct task within the job.
- Job templates are very useful to make sure the same set of tasks is added to each job automatically.
- The interface is clunky - everyone in our agency hates how it looks! There are also a lot of not very intuitive features - Deltek TrafficLIVE can do so many things, but how to do them is not always clear! A design refresh is well overdue.
- The support site is hard to use, and frustrates many of our users. The client services managers are always helpful, but it would be great to have an easy to navigate support site and set of guides to help people with even the most basic features of Deltek TrafficLIVE - we've ended up making our own internal handbook on it!
- We have been able to quote much more accurately for jobs based on full information about previous jobs.
- We can ensure that no jobs get 'lost' or details forgotten when people are on leave/out of office, as its all in the system.
- It's very easy to refer back to previous jobs and correspondence with customers when speaking to them about new projects.