Reviews (1-8 of 8)
- Quote and job templates are incredibly valuable. Not only do these save time, but the team are less likely to miss crucial work packets from their estimates.
- Dashboards provide a clear picture of finances on every quote or job, with the added ability to drill down to the detail.
- Being able to go back to any job and analyse time and resource usage is priceless. You might see where you have overrun, or maybe missed something in your original estimate. This will help you to continually improve the accuracy of your estimates.
- By nature, having everything in one system (quotes, expenses, purchases, jobs, time, resource, invoices) makes it far easier to get the true picture of what's going on in your business.
- The user interface is clunky. Like its competitors, Traffic is hindered with legacy code, features and interfaces. It often feels like they're running out of space for buttons! That being said, I think it's the best of a bad bunch! And it works!
- The support portal and documentation need a complete overhaul. The Traffic support portal declined when it migrated into Deltek's portal. It now feels like you've stepped back in time!
- Content needs restructuring and rewriting. It's a mess and it's hard to find what you are looking for. PDF downloads are a nightmare. Needs clean html pages.
- The UI screens for resource planning (the 10,000ft view screens) are cumbersome and in need of a design overhaul. We don't use them at all, they're pretty useless. The new Work Planner looks promising, but overly complicated and hindered by the general UI weaknesses of their legacy Adobe Air App platform.
- Projecting agency capacity is something we do outside of TrafficLIVE. Because we're often trying to predict against things that aren't yet jobs in the system, alongside jobs that ARE in the system. For this kind of flexible/lightweight capacity planning, we end up using another third party application. TrafficLIVE is best used when you have definitive estimates/bookings.
- Integration with Merlin Project is non-existent. Mac users don't generally use MS Project, so this is a bit of a failure on Deltek's part.
- Being able to assign multiple resources to one task would be a better way of structuring quotes and jobs in Traffic. It would save time. It would reduce the number of tasks needing to be created for every job. Project plans have been created this way for years, why doesn't Traffic allow this?
- The time sheet area is really good - it's easy to drag and drop and fill in time sheets with allocated tasks quickly, which makes it more likely that people will actually do it!
- It's invaluable to be able to see the time spent on different tasks across a job - both for keeping track of ongoing projects, but also to plan resourcing and costs for the next time.
- It's useful to be able to mark parts of a job as 'complete' before the full job is finished - this makes it easier to track which tasks still have to be finished, and makes sure that people are tracking time to the correct task within the job.
- Job templates are very useful to make sure the same set of tasks is added to each job automatically.
- The interface is clunky - everyone in our agency hates how it looks! There are also a lot of not very intuitive features - Deltek TrafficLIVE can do so many things, but how to do them is not always clear! A design refresh is well overdue.
- The support site is hard to use, and frustrates many of our users. The client services managers are always helpful, but it would be great to have an easy to navigate support site and set of guides to help people with even the most basic features of Deltek TrafficLIVE - we've ended up making our own internal handbook on it!
- Good overview of what has been planned in and highlighting any potential troubleshooting needed.
- You can add as many tasks for each job so that the potential to miss a deadline is avoided due to not having enough time added.
- The user permissions can be set for a particular audience rather than there just being one generic setting. We have different levels of management as to who can self assign work and who is assigned their daily/weekly work flow.
- One of the main features I would like to see added is another permissions option that allows Studio/Traffic Managers to the see the 'blue' time added that currently only the user can see when they have added their actual hourly time. This would give the option to view quickly the progress of a job, and to see if its still live or completed. There is the option to look at the 'weekly timesheet' but this in my opinion is not nearly as user friendly as being able to look at a glance each calendar.
- It would be hugely beneficial if along the grey bar on the bottom of the homepage another notification is added that a job had been added to Deltek TrafficLIVE. A simple number would alert you that a new job has been added and needs your immediate attention.
- The job search has been conveyed to me by a number of users as not working efficiently enough. If you have the job number then it works perfectly but if you try to locate a job by the account managers name or project name it will not reliably respond in your search.
- We use TrafficLive from quote through to delivery, we have custom templates that have enabled us to keep our own branding.
- The scheduling function in TrafficLive has made a significant improvement across the whole company and given us a clear view of who is available and when. We even now employ a traffic manager.
- Timesheet entry is simple and ensures hours are put to the correct projects.
- We would love to see variable working hours and allowance for part-time staff.
- Traffic manager being able to see users' time sheet entries.
- Some pre-loaded simple reports.
It allowed us as a design agency to have full visibility of operations, thus leaving the 'creatives' to be creative and the finance guys to count the pennies in realtime.
No system is perfect but TrafficLIVE came pretty close to solving our problems all in one central place in the cloud 24 x 7.
We decided to change our process to suit the way TrafficLIVE works to capture all costs, time and resourcing for each project which increased the speed of billing and invoicing.
With all the data in one place it made it easier to create reports in real time with data we could trust and challenge instead of plucking figures out of the sky.
- Being able to schedule in real-time in many different ways is a massive benefit as projects change. Giving users the ability to move their individual workloads around helps them organise their day in a more realistic fashion.
- Having the ability to allocate resource in a variety of ways and reflect this in capacity reports makes it easier to constantly evaluate and instantly change employees availability to suit the needs of the business.
- Flexibility of how you want to start a Project by translating a quote from a job and vice versa with adding tasks on the fly makes it easy to adapt to changing deadlines.
- It negates the need to use paper PO books as all POs are kept within the wrapper of a project, along with expenses so they can be tracked and reclaimed on the fly saving time and your cash flow.
- Within the administration set up it needs clearer definition as to the type of user account - maybe a warning or prompt to tell you the additional charge if you switch more features on when setting users up or reusing accounts when employees leave.
- I'd like to see other options and price points available when selecting what each user should have available to them.
Using Deltek TrafficLIVE has streamlined and simplified our studio scheduling. The reporting enables us to see an overview of the resources spent on all clients and projects, and also delve into the granular detail of specific jobs.
It is simple to use and saves us a lot of time on administration.
- Scheduling Studio resources.
- Detailed reporting on tasks, jobs and projects.
- I would like to be able to colour code my clients, so I can see at a snapshot what projects staff are working on.
- I would like to be able to colour code staff holidays, public holidays so I can easily see what resources I have available.
- As an administrator, I can't see at a glance the actual time spent on a task work or comments a user has logged.
Deltek TrafficLIVE Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Deltek TrafficLIVE
Deltek’s TrafficLIVE is a cloud-based agency management
software solution. The vendor says that the solution provides unmatched
visibility into an agency’s entire business; improves business processes and
drives efficiency that sets an agency up for success and increased
profitability. TrafficLIVE is designed to help agencies to be more connected,
productive and profitable. The vendor says that with TrafficLIVE agencies can start:
- Attacking Over-Servicing
- Billing Actuals, Not Estimates
- Connecting Your Team
- Delighting Clients & Staff
- Gain Full Agency-wide Visibility
Deltek TrafficLIVE Screenshots
Deltek TrafficLIVE Integrations
Deltek TrafficLIVE Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
TrafficLIVE offers solutions for small to large agencies. Our prices range based on number of users and requirements.
Deltek TrafficLIVE Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Deltek TrafficLIVE Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||All countries|
|Supported Languages:||British English, German, French, Spanish, US English, Brazilian Portuegese, Italian|