Overall Satisfaction with DemandTools
DemandTools is used by several departments across campus. I use it to load and manage data for the admissions office at WPI. We receive data from a wide range of sources. For example, we purchase names from third-party vendors, have registration for campus events, high school visits, college fairs, etc. I load those lists using Finding Ids, Mass Effect and use the Single Table dedupe tool to merge duplicates not caught by our scheduled jobs. DemandTools saves us hours of time as we do not have to manually add all those contacts to the database using inquiry forms. We aren't recreating contacts already in the database and we can easily adjust and update contact information for recruits already in the database who may have moved, or changed email addresses. We save resources by using the schedule jobs feature to dedupe records after hours. Also, DemandTools has been a life-safer to mass correct data.
- Webinars are helpful resources.
- Very useful for managing large amounts of data.
- I wish I could make changes to my existing scenarios using save rather than having to create a whole new scenario. Maybe you can, I just haven't been able to.
- Some features aren't user intuitive and it takes a while to learn.
- Increased efficiency and time savings.
- Automating saves staff resources.
- Data is cleaner than it would be if manually entered.
Demand Tools is well-suited for uploading data files of hundreds of thousands of records into the database. It is useful for finding, updating and correcting data already in the database. A useful tool for merging duplicate records. Power Grid is useful for updating records that fall into a certain set of circumstances without having to reload the files. I don't have any comments that are negative.