DemandTools for AppExchange is a data quality toolset for Salesforce.com CRM centric customers. The product comprises 11 individual modules to control, standardize, verify, deduplicate, import and manipulate Salesforce and/or Force.com data.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/A7/A5/38F7CNTADSGM.pngDemandTools for SFDC data maintenanceIt is being used only by the global marketing department within a specific business unit. We use it to manage data in Salesforce and Marketo, performing a number of different functions such as data hygiene, data normalization, updates, deletes, etc. It addresses ongoing challenges with data hygiene and maintenance.,Data updates via Mass Effect Single table deduplication Multi-table deduplication via Lead Conversion Exports with Find/Report IDs,UX/UI - I like the all-in-one screen with steps labeled approach, but it can get clunky at times. Navigating to the right tool - there's not a lot of info on the nav bar about what each tool does. For the ones that aren't obvious, it would help to have a little info so that you don't have to go into Mass Effect and Mass Impact just to determine which one you need. Information in the tool about the advanced options - I rarely know how to use that stuff or what will happen. For example, Mass Impact updates with a formula, etc.,9,It's extremely robust and flexible, and gives us a wide range of options for handling SFDC data. Having Demand Tools has precluded the need for many other tools. I'm often saying to vendors, "this is cool, but we can do it in demand tools." No negative impacts to speak of.,Demand the right tool for the job!We have routine tasks that were built around using Data Loader. I've tried to automate data feeds as much as possible but some remain. I use DemandTools to help support finance, customer, service, marketing, and sales. DemandTools helps fill the gap between manual and automated processes. We use a website to collect data tied back to a campaign and are able to use this tool to very quickly update a set of campaigns in real time. The single table dedupe is now part of routine maintenance run by our customer service department.,The simplest things can mean so much. Being able to upload data from an Excel file is very helpful. The ability to use transformations and constants makes uploading records so much easier. Less clean-up and manipulation of files before upload means less likelihood of user error. The ability to update data based on a set of business rules is invaluable. Updating dates using a formula (date + 30 days) is so much easier than exporting data to Excel, performing a date function, saving as CSV, and then uploading. And providing the functionality to save scenarios on top of it makes a very big difference. The single table de-dupe is a great feature. I can customize the logic and use fuzzy matching to find dupes and clean them up.,I think everyone that uses DemandTools knows the UI is dated. I have trouble seeing checkboxes and buttons sometimes - I'm assuming due to the resolution of my computer. Also the navigation is counterintuitive (though not particularly difficult). While I love the single table de-dupe, it is difficult to understand the work process to follow. There is a lot going on in this screen and there is a lot of saving that happens but it isn't clear if I am saving a custom ruleset or replacing the default. This piece could just be more intuitive. I would LOVE the ability to write formulas or expressions in the "transform" feature!,10,DemandTools has increased the productivity for all departments using it. It saves our stakeholders about 20 hours per month and has significantly helped improve the quality of the data.,Dataloader.ioGreat Product...Getting *more* ExpensiveWe have a managed package with a lot of custom objects, in addition to a lot of internal business rules. DemandTools allows us to save scenarios to be run whenever we need to manipulate large amounts data for different departments and teams quickly and easily.,Mass-update large amounts of data without needing excel. Save mapping scenarios, including adding constants for regular mass-imports Easily identify and correct data exceptions with saved scenarios Minimize human error with updating to exact values in Salesforce - eliminates the need to type data into Excel Regular live webinars and training is easy to access and provided frequently for "refreshers" on how each module functions,User Interface is a bit outdated Operators for relative date values do not line up with Salesforce 100% of the time,10,DemandTools has been a life-saver for our support team. We can easily manipulate records quickly without needing to reach out to developers or other support staff. Since the buyout with Validity, they've DRASTICALLY changed their pricing. We're now force to pay for several products we'll never be able to use, and the pricing for our org is almost twice what we'd expected. Unfortunately, we're going to have to look elsewhere soon for a similar product. We simply cannot budget for this with their new pricing, and being forced to own a suite of products we don't need is not a great customer experience on our end!DemandTools; a must have for every Salesforce ProDemandTools is used by the Salesforce team. While Salesforce has some fairly powerful 1st party tools, the advanced data transformation and ID reporting that we are able to pull using DemandTools makes it our primary tool of choice.,The 'Find/ Report' ID module is incredibly useful and proven a valuable function to have when receiving lists of data updates, but no ID provided. Single Table deduplication is a relatively quick and easy tool to help manage duplicate data sets within your database. Mass upsert or insert of data. I use DemandTools daily to do mass data upserts and clean up any inconsistent data. Since I can build out and save scenarios for specific tasks, this is quick and painless,The one area the tool could improve upon is UI. It can be difficult to navigate and find what you're looking for. They have made a recent improvement though and have added a search box for objects. This is a blessing for anyone with a largely customized SF org.,9,Data integrity + overall cleanliness Ongoing database management Ease of data manipulation - both upserts and inserts,Jitterbit, Dataloader.io and Skyvia,Salesforce.com, Workplace by Facebook (Formerly Facebook at Work)DeamndTools is the F350 of data integrity toolsDemand Tools is used within my field operations and business systems teams. We use it to de-dupe, upload, and manage our Salesforce database. The problem it addresses is quickly modifying large sets of data, handling territory assignment, and de-duplicating our database. We use Demand Tools at least 3 to 4 times a week.,De-duplicating your database. While de-duping correctly requires manual effort, scenarios can be applied and modified to make de-duping easier. Territory assignment / account changes. Shifting thousands of accounts in minutes and if you're an efficiency whiz, save the scenarios to be able to scrub/assign/refresh periodically. Keeps alerts and ownership clearly defined at all times. Mass uploads. We outsource data to be refreshed on CSV files continually. Whether it's account information or contact information, Demand Tools makes importing the easy part of the process.,Contact Imports. Could be easier to not have to use People Import. Scenarios in the cloud. Saving scenarios on a local machine isn't ideal. Report and Dashboard cleansing. Think this is a Salesforce issue, but cleaning out reports and dashboards would be amazing.,9,Territories assigned in minutes, leading to increases in productivity. Our AEs save 1-2 weeks of waiting for an assignment and walk in with their "patch" ready to go in Salesforce. 2x time savings conservatively versus using Workbench. The restore files alone are a game-changer and preview screens compared to using free tools. Hard to quantify the value of cleaner data, but it's massive. Having the right people, in the right direction, with fresh data -- we spend our time in ops getting more/better data -- not trying to figure out how to upload.,Cloudingo and Jitterbit,Outreach
DemandTools

DemandTools Reviews

DemandTools
Filter 34 vetted DemandTools reviews and ratings
Andrew Schatzberg profile photo
December 03, 2018

User Review: "DemandTools for SFDC data maintenance"

• Data updates via Mass Effect
  • Single table deduplication
  • Multi-table deduplication via Lead Conversion
  • Exports with Find/Report IDs
  • UX/UI - I like the all-in-one screen with steps labeled approach, but it can get clunky at times.
  • Navigating to the right tool - there's not a lot of info on the nav bar about what each tool does. For the ones that aren't obvious, it would help to have a little info so that you don't have to go into Mass Effect and Mass Impact just to determine which one you need.
  • Information in the tool about the advanced options - I rarely know how to use that stuff or what will happen. For example, Mass Impact updates with a formula, etc.
It's great for ad hoc data updates, bulk data operations for hygiene, maintenance, etc. and lead deduplication or conversion. I don't think it's as well suited for automated tasks, though I don't have as much experience doing those.
Read Andrew Schatzberg's full review
Beth Follenweider profile photo
June 19, 2018

DemandTools Review: "Demand the right tool for the job!"

• The simplest things can mean so much. Being able to upload data from an Excel file is very helpful.
  • The ability to use transformations and constants makes uploading records so much easier. Less clean-up and manipulation of files before upload means less likelihood of user error.
  • The ability to update data based on a set of business rules is invaluable. Updating dates using a formula (date + 30 days) is so much easier than exporting data to Excel, performing a date function, saving as CSV, and then uploading. And providing the functionality to save scenarios on top of it makes a very big difference.
  • The single table de-dupe is a great feature. I can customize the logic and use fuzzy matching to find dupes and clean them up.
  • I think everyone that uses DemandTools knows the UI is dated. I have trouble seeing checkboxes and buttons sometimes - I'm assuming due to the resolution of my computer. Also the navigation is counterintuitive (though not particularly difficult).
  • While I love the single table de-dupe, it is difficult to understand the work process to follow. There is a lot going on in this screen and there is a lot of saving that happens but it isn't clear if I am saving a custom ruleset or replacing the default. This piece could just be more intuitive.
  • I would LOVE the ability to write formulas or expressions in the "transform" feature!
Well Suited:
  • Updating multiple records in an object
  • Inserting records
  • Finding and merging duplicate contacts
  • Finding duplicate accounts - while merging is possible, our environment makes it difficult to auto-merge accounts
  • Updating records based on data based business rules (Update xdate to ydate+30 days where xdate is less then today and account status = current) No Excel needed!!!!
  • Well trained power-users
Not Suited for:
  • Casual, untrained users
  • Usage on a slow or spotty network (DemandTools is desktop-based and therefore requires a constant connection)
  • Querying/Extracting data from the database
Read Beth Follenweider's full review
Lauren Murphy profile photo
August 10, 2018

DemandTools Review: "Great Product...Getting *more* Expensive"

• Mass-update large amounts of data without needing excel.
  • Save mapping scenarios, including adding constants for regular mass-imports
  • Easily identify and correct data exceptions with saved scenarios
  • Minimize human error with updating to exact values in Salesforce - eliminates the need to type data into Excel
  • Regular live webinars and training is easy to access and provided frequently for "refreshers" on how each module functions
  • User Interface is a bit outdated
  • Operators for relative date values do not line up with Salesforce 100% of the time
DemandTools is great if you find yourself running regular "data extracts" to manipulate in Excel and then re-import via Data Loader. It's also well suited for doing "clean-up". Running scenarios for single-table de-dupe makes pointing data merges at groups of data quick and easy. For those who simply can't do without Excel, using PowerGrid is great for those one-off records that need "special snowflake" attention without having to download and files.
Read Lauren Murphy's full review
Josh Stevens profile photo
July 04, 2018

Review: "DemandTools; a must have for every Salesforce Pro"

• The 'Find/ Report' ID module is incredibly useful and proven a valuable function to have when receiving lists of data updates, but no ID provided.
  • Single Table deduplication is a relatively quick and easy tool to help manage duplicate data sets within your database.
  • Mass upsert or insert of data. I use DemandTools daily to do mass data upserts and clean up any inconsistent data. Since I can build out and save scenarios for specific tasks, this is quick and painless
  • The one area the tool could improve upon is UI. It can be difficult to navigate and find what you're looking for. They have made a recent improvement though and have added a search box for objects. This is a blessing for anyone with a largely customized SF org.
DemandTools is a go-to toolset for everything data manipulation related to Salesforce. Need to insert or upsert any size data set? DemandTools can do that and do so efficiently. Even errors are made easy to deal with, with success and failure files provided after each one. Single Table De-dupe is a godsend for organizations needing to clean up their database with very granular settings. The only scenario where DemandTools may not be the best tool is for new Admins, still acclimating to Salesforce.
Read Josh Stevens's full review
Rich McVey profile photo
June 26, 2018

DemandTools Review: "DeamndTools is the F350 of data integrity tools"

• De-duplicating your database. While de-duping correctly requires manual effort, scenarios can be applied and modified to make de-duping easier.
  • Territory assignment / account changes. Shifting thousands of accounts in minutes and if you're an efficiency whiz, save the scenarios to be able to scrub/assign/refresh periodically. Keeps alerts and ownership clearly defined at all times.
  • Mass uploads. We outsource data to be refreshed on CSV files continually. Whether it's account information or contact information, Demand Tools makes importing the easy part of the process.
  • Contact Imports. Could be easier to not have to use People Import.
  • Scenarios in the cloud. Saving scenarios on a local machine isn't ideal.
  • Report and Dashboard cleansing. Think this is a Salesforce issue, but cleaning out reports and dashboards would be amazing.
Demand Tools is a must-have for Salesforce admins. I don't think this is applicable/not to size or stage of company. If you're making frequent changes, building/enhancing a database, or have data quality initiatives, Demand Tools is step 1.

The only downside would be a junior admin as it is an incredibly powerful tool. You can break a database in minutes.

Read Rich McVey's full review
June 27, 2018

User Review: "DemandTools is a necessity"

Our company uses DemandTools daily for a variety of projects; it promotes efficient processes for our Finance, Operations, Sales and Customer Service departments. As the Salesforce Administrator for my company, I'm constantly using DemandTools for territory updates, data cleanup and a myriad assortment of things that come up during day-to-day business.
  • Reassigning territory ownership is a breeze with DemandTools; I can update the Account owner and it will follow through with Contacts, open Opportunities, and tasks, as well as custom object records. This is much more efficient than changing the records for each object at a time!
  • I love the PowerGrid utility - this allows me to focus on specific subsets of data records that may need updating. The ability to save a Scenario for future use has made my job easier.
  • Report Edit utility is amazing, I look forward to seeing how they can improve it the future, but being able to mass move and delete reports is brilliant!
  • The ability to see what fields are on a report, or being touch as a filter would be AMAZING.
  • It can sometimes be frustrating to remember where the log files are saved to review errors that may have happened. It would be nice to have a "Review Log Files" under the Demand Tools Today section.
Sales territory changes are much faster and efficient for our company when using DemandTools; updating the Account owner and having the additional related records for Contacts, open Tasks, and open Opportunities, certain custom object records flow to the new Owner is awesome. We also use DemandTools scenarios to solve some problems with updating custom object records daily in our Finance team; our third ERP vendor is difficult to work with so this was easier than paying them thousands of dollars to improve their system.
Yelena Shine profile photo
September 19, 2016

"DemandTools Review"

The tool is being used by sales operations...which just consists of me. I put together lists to upload into Salesforce and then I upload them. I use DemandTools to clean up the lead lists and remove dupes. It's the best product out there hands down.
  • Dedupe lead to lead
  • Dedupe lead to contact
  • Lead to contact when importing originally.
We only use it to import leads.
Read Yelena Shine's full review
Kathleen VanHooser, MBA profile photo
September 07, 2016

DemandTools Review: "Best De-Duping Tool out there for CRM"

We use DemandTools mostly for deduplication of leads and accounts.
  • DemandTools makes it easy to identify and merge duplicate records.
  • DemandTools Customer Service is top notch.
  • The training I received was excellent. I received a personalized session and there are recorded sessions to review as time permits.
  • I cannot think of any.
I am still a fairly new user of DemandTools, but the de-duplication of records is the most well suited for me.
Read Kathleen VanHooser, MBA's full review
Laura Derby profile photo
November 11, 2015

Review: "How DemandTools has helped my organization"

At my organization, we use DemandTools to dedupe contacts, upload our incoming donations, and to cleanse, correct, and update data. Currently, it is being used by me. However, other departments use the other CRMfusion products: DupeBlocker and PeopleImport. DemandTools has helped us merge duplicated contacts, easily import new donations, and keep our data clean and updated.
  • I love that you can map fields and create a scenario that can be used over and over again. This makes weekly or monthly updates pretty seamless. I have found this especially useful when using MassEffect.
  • DemandTools makes it very easy to look at your current data and compare how it should be changed before you change it. MassImpact and PowerGrid have really made updating and deleting data incredibly easy for me.
  • I am a leader of two Salesforce user groups. Nearly everyone I talk to has had at least some issues with duplicate contacts. I often recommend that they use DemandTools to dedupe their contacts and I that Single Table Deduplicator is such a comprehensive tool. DemandTools' deduplication tool makes it easy to choose which fields you want to evaluate, the contact data you need to compare, and which will be the master. You can also update fields within Single Table Deduplicator before you merge the contacts. I have been able to merge contacts in probably 10% of the time it would have taken me if I had tried to do them one by one within Salesforce.
  • One thing I wish DemandTools had was a reporting tool. I often have thought DemandTools does such a great job of showing current data in Salesforce according to my specifications, that they should create a reporting module. Sometimes, I have exported my data with Find Report ID's and used the resulting spreadsheet as a report.
  • I also wish their Data Backup tool was a little bit more user friendly. When I tried to use it, it seemed to take way too long and I could not understand how to get it to download data in a timely and efficient manner.
  • Some time has passed since I tried this, but I briefly used DemandTools to do a nightly update to data within Salesforce (I think it was through Mass Impact). However, I found it difficult to schedule the update and understand how it might impact the data. I think this could be an amazing feature if more information was offered on it and if it was easier to set up.
I would not recommend DemandTools to someone unless they have a good understanding of their data or fields within Salesforce. I also would not recommend it to someone unless they have the authority to update or modify their organization's data. As people often say, 'Garbage in, garbage out'. The same applies to anyone that uses DemandTools. To ensure they could confidently and efficiently use the DemandTools' modules, I would ask someone the following questions: 1) How long have you been using Salesforce? 2) Do you understand the difference between field names and field labels? 3) Do you consider yourself to be a big picture, detail-oriented person or both? 4) Are you willing to take the time to learn about how to map fields? 5) Do you know very much about the different field types in Salesforce? 6) Do you have the authority or permission to update or modify your organization's data? If so, is there someone else at your organization that does and would use DemandTools?
Read Laura Derby's full review
Sophia Elson profile photo
January 11, 2016

User Review: "DemandTools will get the job done"

DemandTools was a great way to clean up a very messy Salesforce database at a previous company. It is an extremely powerful tool but takes some research before you're able to use it correctly. However, what it can ultimately accomplish is fantastic. When we reviewed solutions on the market (admittedly, this was several years ago), DemandTools was the only one that would manage all the tasks we needed complete.
  • Cleaning up addresses
  • Normalizing company names
  • Deduping records
  • It isn't a tool you can easily/quickly plunge into, but that's to be expected with something this powerful.
First see if the Salesforce Data Loader will accomplish what you need.
Read Sophia Elson's full review
Eli Strong profile photo
January 05, 2016

Review: "DemandTools' range of abilities gives big bang for the buck"

Our DemandTools licenses are primarily for the use of our SFDC system admins. The tool solves several business issues on a weekly basis. We use it for imports of data into standard and custom objects, mass backups, data cleanup of leads/contacts/accounts, field updates when changing, adding or modifying terminology or adding functionality, and for weekly updates on targeted marketing data. We have built scores of stored scenarios that look at keywords in a few fields on a Lead or Contact and then flag that record with certain criteria that allows us to better target in our marketing efforts.
  • Allows you to make any import field a 'key' for import matching.
  • Has easy to use point and click functionality to allow for complex procedures.
  • Makes mass updates and cleanups faster and easier with flexible criteria.
  • Importing lists of individuals can be a multi-step and cumbersome process. For those imports, I always use PeopleImport, rather than DemandTools. It reduces my time investment by about 75%.
  • The matching functionality on company names can sometimes be a bit difficult to master, there is fine line between exact, cleaned, or fuzzy and occasionally DemandTools misses the mark.
I love DemandTools for importing updates to standard (other than Lead and Contact) and custom objects and for mass updates, cleanup and conversion of all objects. Where is tends to be a pain is when importing lists of people (Leads and Contacts). Say for example you get a conference attendee list of 500 people and you don't know which are leads, which ones are contacts and which ones are associated with an existing account and which ones have no relation to your organization. Importing this with Demand Tools used to take me around 2 or more hours and 7 distinct processes. With CRMFusion's other tool PepleImport, I reduce that time to 30 minutes or less and one distinct process, that also allows me to import into a campaign if necessary and assign tasks...all in one set of steps.
Read Eli Strong's full review
Carissa Crittenden profile photo
December 03, 2015

DemandTools Review: "Best Addition to Your Salesforce Toolbox"

DemandTools is used to mass edit Salesforce records to support the Sales team. We use it for a variety of tasks - including uploading new data with PeopleImport, standardizing data, de-duping Salesforce, reassigning accounts/contacts when we realign territories. Currently, I'm the only user as we only have one Admin. I am looking to work with it more regularly and have set data-maintenance tasks on a regular basis.
  • Data Standardization - it's a truly beautiful thing using this tool. There's more than one module that will let you update every record in the system if you have to, or you can filter it down to only update records that match particular criteria.
  • Data Maintenance - At least 10% of our database is duplicates. DemandTools works wonders in helping us clean those up. Especially helpful are the Lead2Contact and Lead2Account deduplication tool. We use these most in correlation with our marketing automation tool which creates new records as leads if the email address doesn't match. Running a quick scenario in Lead2Contact will merge the new leads with existing contacts without losing data.
  • Data Format - The ability to format my data uniformly brings joy to my OCD heart. Built in to the software are programs for North American businesses to standardize information. Phone numbers, states, countries, addresses, etc.
  • Better scheduling of tasks. This is something I would like to do but I haven't figured out how to do it yet
  • Better UI - I feel like I'm in the 90s or early 2000s
  • Ability to use punctuation in things - like searching for all accounts with a comma in them or a semi colon
If all you need is one aspect of the functionality, maybe it isn't the best - there's probably a cloud solution out there that will fit your need. But nothing - and I've reached out to the Salesforce Admin community about it - compares to the functionality and cost. Sure, there are tons of cloud dedupe tools out there - and a lot of them are pretty cool. But they don't have the additional functionality of DemandTools, like reassigning objects (any object), or mass-editing data. Additionally, DemandTools touches basically every Salesforce object. Most other solutions are limited to what objects they can interact with.
Read Carissa Crittenden's full review
Gary T Payne profile photo
April 30, 2015

Review: "DemandTools - a highly recommended data integrity tool for Salesforce.com Administrators"

DemandTools by CRM Fusion is an outstanding data integrity application that makes the processes of data extraction, insertion, update, backup, and de-duplication very efficient and easy. I use it daily to create a backup MS Access database of my Salesforce.com instance (w/o attachments). Whenever there is a change in territory alignment, usually due to personnel changes, it is the primary tool I use to transfer ownership of the data sets. It does far more than the Salesforce.com Data Loader application. It's de-duplication feature allows review of individual records while recommending the survivor record based on rules the user can create and/or edit. It comes with recommended de-duplication scenarios that handle most of the de-duplication task, but also allows the user to create their own custom scenarios and save them for future use. Another nice feature is its ability to correct address and phone number formats in mass, allowing a standardized view of the data. Most Salesforce.com administrators that I have conversed with also use and recommend the DemandTools application.
  • I used Demand Tools to mass convert Lead records into Account and Contact records, matching up many of the records with existing Account and Contact records prior to converting them, this avoiding a lot of data duplication.
  • After inserting data records from various company systems into the Salesforce.com database, a lot of duplicate records were created. DemandTools was used to reduce the data duplication through several iterative processes requiring multiple, different filter criteria scenarios.
  • Following a mass data integration into Salesforce.com from several company systems, it was necessary to update the address and phone number formats to a standardized format using DemandTools to make the corrections.
  • During the de-duplication process it would be nice to pick and choose key values from different duplicated records. Currently DemandTools only allows retention of a single record's data field values, which may lead to missing information in a field that was populated in one of the other duplicate records but not in the retained record. E.g., one record has the proper email address while another record has the proper phone number, so which record do you retain? It would be great to designate by field which values you want retained in final merged record.
  • The ability to create a SQL database backup would be nice. Currently if a Salesforce.com object has more than 250 data fields it cannot be backed up into a MS Access database.
  • During the de-duplication process it would be helpful to copy and then paste data values from one record and add it to another record. E.g. if there are two duplicated records and both have different values in a "Comments" field, and you want to retain the values from both records, it would be great to be able to combine the data from both records in the "Comments" field using a copy and paste methodology so the retained record has all of the data from both records.
DemandTools is well suited for organizations that have data from multiple sources where data cleansing becomes important. The need for DemandTools is diminished if the data is provided from a single system, unless there is a good chance of data duplication. Some key questions might be:
How much data duplication is taking place? How often does the data need to be de-duplicated? What data integrity tools are available for use now? How is data extracted, inserted, and/or updated and how often? How important is data format standardization?
Read Gary T Payne's full review
Wm. Jesse Robertson profile photo
February 25, 2015

User Review: "DemandTools keeps my org dupe-free"

My organization uses DemandTools to keep our marketing and enrollment data within Salesforce merged, deduped, and accurate. Its use benefits our entire organization. I use it to make sure all our leads get merged with one another, as we receive them from multiple sources, through multiple engagements with our prospective families. This allows for advanced analysis across the leads' entire lifecycle, by allowing us to merge and keep all campaign member records from each individual lead.
  • Reduces time spent manually merging duplicate records within our database
  • Allows me to fully customize the scenarios I run to query for potential duplicates
  • Much faster and more efficient than searching for potential duplicates through the SFDC UI
  • Allows me to define the data I want to keep on the resulting record
  • I would love if DemandTools could be changed to work more like CRM Fusion's other related product, DupeBlocker. I would like if it handled duplicates within the Single Table Dedupe in the same fashion as DupeBlocker, where the older, original lead remains the "master" and the newer lead's data gets appended to it. With DemandTools, you are limited in your options for master record selection. Within DemandTools, I am forced to choose "Newer Record" as my master, because I want to retain the most recent contact details. However, this causes me to also overwrite my lead created date with the newer lead's information, thereby resulting in lead created date values which don't reflect the true creation date of the original lead.
  • I would also prefer the ability to create tasks with details of the merge.
DemandTools is well suited to identify and merge duplicate records within a Salesforce.com CRM database, especially one with multiple entry points (i.e. web forms, other systems, uploads, etc.). It doesn't provide real-time merging on insert, you'll need a product like DupeBlocker for that, but it's great for batch cleansing, updating, and merging existing records. They also have great customer support, which I always like to hear prior to selecting a product.
Read Wm. Jesse Robertson's full review
Hyung Lee profile photo
April 09, 2015

Review: "You need Demandtools. You just don't know it yet."

We use DemandTools within our SFDC team as well as by operations people in both Marketing Ops and Sales Ops roles. It's a powerful tool that also has modules for a Marketing Ops person called People Import as well as more advanced features for a sys admin. I've been using the tool for the past 5 years and it is by far the best data load tool out there that I've used. We've used it to automate nightly back up files at my previous company as well as doing mass updates with out having to constantly change file types and edits within the file. We currently use DemandTools to mass update data when we make enhancements. Sales ops uses it to make quarterly changes to users and account and opportunity owners. Marketing ops uses it to handle deduping data. In my previous company we also used the Dupeblocker module in conjunction with DemandTools to combat bad data.
  • DemandTools is excellent in easily mapping data when doing Mass updates.
  • The UI is very easy to use for any function.
  • The dedupe tools are powerful. The Find Report ID's function is so powerful.
  • The back and recovery files are easy to use.
  • The automation and scheduling is an area that can be greatly improved. Currently you have to use a Windows task scheduler. If there was a built in scheduler that can run on IOS or Windows that would be great.
  • Ability to run on IOS. It's is a huge annoyance to have to install a VMware Fusion to run DemandTools. There have been times I've resorted to using Lexiloader just to avoid having to launch Fusion.
If you're company does a lot of importing, exporting, mass data manipulation and data cleanup needs then it's a no brainer. If you're an occasional user then it would not warrant the cost.
Read Hyung Lee's full review
Steven Steier profile photo
December 04, 2014

Review: "DemandTools is a must have for Salesforce data hygiene"

• The tools for deduping records are very complete. Not only will it clean up duplicates within the same database, but you can compare leads to existing account and existing contacts to look for duplicates in separate databases.
  • They have several ways to do mass updates of multiple records at one time, and I had done updates of 50,000+ records at one time so it will handle large batch updates.
  • I have yet to find something that I think they do poorly. The tool is focused in some very specific areas but handles those areas very well.
I wish they would add a mass delete tool it would be a nice addition to the package.
Read Steven Steier's full review
Carrie Philipp, MBA profile photo
November 18, 2014

Review: "DemandTools - the Salesforce tool to demand"

DemandTools is currently being used in our organization, primarily by the IT department for the benefit of the whole organization, in an effort to reverse previous business processes from how Partners are managed, to how our Marketing and Lead Gen teams are managing the suspect and Lead process. We intend in the next month to use the Cleansing tools to do Lead to Lead, Lead to Contact and Account to Account deduping and then on a quarterly basis perform those same functions to ensure clarity into our Lead funnel, current and inactive customer base, and keep the grass green for users.
  • The Mass Effect feature is invaluable for reassigning records, cleaning data elements and adding or appending data elements.
  • Find/Report ID, here's a real life scenario I used in the last week. Find every Opportunity that has a Contact Role and every Contact at an Account with an Opportunity based on an All Contacts report I ran from Salesforce.
  • Cleansing - there is to date no easy way to identify and merge records in mass within Salesforce. Data cleansing should be an activity that every organization does once a quarter.
  • To my knowledge there is no access to the Account/Partner or Opportunity/Partner objects within DemandTools, whether this is a DemandTools limitation those are simply objects that Salesforce will not allow third party tool to access I'm not aware but it's a gap.
  • Updating the Salesforce Pricebook and Opportunity Line Items has historically been difficult, again this might be a Salesforce driven issue but identifying the correct ID's and mapping them in DemandTools is challenging.
DemandTools is not a true ETL tool for the enterprise and it will not serve as your business intelligence tool, however if you have an organization with a large dataset this is a product that your Salesforce team needs to have in their tool kit to effectively manage the data in your Salesforce instance.
Read Carrie Philipp, MBA's full review
Mithun Sapui profile photo
September 30, 2014

"DemandTools review"

DemandTools was used for deduplicating and updating fields on standard and custom objects of our Salesforce.com instance.
  • Easy to follow and highly customizable user interface
  • It has a lot of data manipulation options. For a similar category, this easily has the highest number of options and selections
  • Works with both standard and custom objects with equal ease
  • DemandTools is definitely one of the most robust data analysis/manipulation tools around. But because of the huge amount of functionalities provided, it can be still a bit too technical for business users or non-IT admins to use
  • A revamped interface might be considered looking into - with help text or pop-up windows . Sometimes you are deep into it and there are 15 windows going on ...a little bit context-setting for each of the buttons or tabs or actions would help . Also, the numbers inside the buoy ring type markers are a little hard to read.
  • Web version of the tool/app would be nice
If there are a lot of data quality issues going on, then DemandTools is the way to go - absolutely. It is the one stop shop for identifying, selecting and cleansing data. There are other tools out in the market which do a similar job, but DemandTools outranks them by far as it provides the strongest combination of functionalities and all under one roof:

• Run queries for analysis
  • Mass update data as needed
  • De-duplication
  • Backup
Read Mithun Sapui's full review
Jaymee Parson profile photo
September 16, 2014

User Review: "DemandTools - Admin's best friend"

DemandTools is being used to manage Leads, Contacts and Accounts across the company. It address the duplicate problem in Salesforce and the updates to the database.
  • DemandTools works great to dedupe across our entire Salesforce database
  • Great ease of use to reassign large amount of records while being able to define the criteria broadly or very specific
  • I use the MassEffect tool on a daily basis. It is so quick and easy to make updates or changes to the database
  • The error log is helpful but since it is is another file you always have to open something else. It would helpful to have an error screen to view instead of needing to open a file each time
  • Depending on how your system is set up you can get into a lot of trouble with merging duplicates, based on your sharing settings. Make sure the access level is set for users with access to DemandTools, specifically managing duplicates, as the merge is not something you can fix by pushing a button to revert back
DemandTools is great to manage any size database, the tool makes adding, deleting, inserting and updating very easy. The scenarios for managing duplicates are easy to use once you have set them up the first time.
Read Jaymee Parson's full review
September 23, 2016

User Review: "DemandTools for everyone"

DemandTools is being used by our salesforce department specifically. The business problems addressed are the needs to do quick mass updates to our salesforce database, and to maintain data quality.
  • Data management
  • Improving data quality
  • Deletion of records
  • Flexibility of rules when filtering/searching records in various tools (i.e. searching by formulas).
  • Being able to run a SECOND record filter after the records are put into buckets (for single table de-dupe). For some of the looser matching scenarios, this would allow me to be able to exclude GROUPS based on whether or not they had at least 1 record with a recent date. As of now, filtering out records with recent dates will just miss the duplicates.
Well suited: data updates, deletions
Less appropriate: cleansing data
February 23, 2016

User Review: "DemandTools should be in high demand."

DemandTools is used in the office of admission for a variety of business activities. It is most commonly used to locate and merge duplicate records within our CRM, Salesforce.com. Several scenarios have been created, from very strict to more relaxed criteria, that help identify duplicates in the system. Almost any field within a record can be used for comparison, and DemandTools helps you to choose which record should be kept and which can be deleted. We also use DemandTools as a way to update a batch of records at one time. It's as simple as identifying the group that needs to be updated, telling the software what to update, and letting it run. Lastly, DemandTools is great at updating our CRM with an outside Excel list of records. This is a tool we use at least one per week, but usually more often.
  • One strength of DemandTools is how simple it is to use. It's set up in a very user-friendly format, with icons that you can hover over that will explain how to use that particular section.
  • Additionally, DemandTools is very customizable so that each user can tailor it to their specific needs.
  • Also, as an add-on tool, DemandTools is great at running in the background without slowing down your computer or any other concurrently running programs.
  • The biggest area for improvement is related to its de-duplication tool. It would be nice to be able to default certain fields (such as Lead Source) from the record being deleted and have them overwrite the values in the same fields on the surviving record. The system allows you to keep certain values, but it has to be done one-by-one.
For organizations that use Salesforce, DemandTools is a great add-on. Licenses are not very expensive and are well worth the cost. As previously mentioned, the two most-commonly used features we use are the de-duplicator and batch updating records.
December 15, 2015

Review: "DemandTools - The quintessential utility for saleforce.com"

DemandTools is used by our business systems team to effectively and efficiently manage our Salesforce.com data. DemandTools is used to perform regular update tasks within our saleforce.com org, e.g., we use it to perform mass updates on our account data, we have custom fields that are updated from an external data source. One of the more common uses is the Owner Reassignment module.
  • Ability to mass update data in any object using a custom set of filters. The MassEffect module is superb at doing this on a wide scale, the ability to update a particular field based on other data from the object or related objects through a formula is extremely powerful.
  • Data de-duplication is a very powerful feature. The ability to create rules to determine which data becomes the master record is a very useful feature.
  • The ability to take an Excel spreadsheet and update or insert data en mass is a very powerful feature. I like that DemandTools lets you do this efficiently by taking advantage of BULK processing in Salesforce.com.
  • Data recovery/restore. One of the most understated features of DemandTools is that every-time you run an update job a system generated restore file is created. It's very easy to return the data to the state is was in prior to the update.
  • The UI is looking a little dated and tired, I personally don't have any issue with it. Bottom line it is a utility and I'm glad they spend their development resources on creating a robust tool.
Salesforce.com and DemandTools go hand-in-hand. DemandTools will get you through a new Salesforce.com implementation and help you keep it running efficiently. It is well suited for anyone that deals with third parties that have data import/export needs to/from Salesforce.com
October 18, 2012

DemandTools Review: "Great data hygiene tool."

• Does everything we need. Allows us to automate tasks nightly for standard clean-ups that occur when humans touch the data – (country, abbreviations, etc…).
January 21, 2013

DemandTools Review: "Saved hours of admin time."

• Easy to learn the basics. Offers more advanced functionality if you take the time to learn.
  • Saves dozens of hours for administrators and end-users use by reducing the number of existing existing duplicates and reducing the number of duplicates created during mass imports.
  • Easy mass record updates.
  • Can be cumbersome when making query edits

About DemandTools