Reviews (1-25 of 108)
- PowerGrid can review and make the updates simultaneously.
- Single Table Dedupe makes merg[ing] the records easy and can make updates at the same time.
- BulkBackup [is] just one click, majority data got updated.
- Scenarios save a lot of time for similar working load.
- There are certain objects BulkBackup can not backup.
- The backup file too large to open, it [would] be great if it [could] be split into a couple files that can be accessed without any special tool.
- When query on child object, it [would] be great if we [could] update the data on parent object.
PowerGrid is the module I use daily. It can query data easily without coding and can be sorted or filtered which makes viewing data, making updates, or deleting data on the Canvas very user friendly. And it works for almost all the objects.
The scenarios save me a lot of time for the repeated work and is very user friendly too.
- Updates records from CSV files
- Deletes records with an ID (key)
- Identifies Duplicates
- Updates fields based on field matches
- Joins objects based on field matches
- I wish the Find ID reports didn't list the results in columns, but in rows below the match, or if it was at least an option. Like if it listed Match1 and Match1a, Match1b, Match1c. Sort of how the dedupe file has Masters and NonMasters.
- Our event management teams have really powerful tools to ensure delegates are cared for by ensuring the right people are always updated with the right information.
- Our sales teams trust us to always delivery leads to them on time with the right information in the right places.
- Our IT teams trust marketing to update and look after their data without the need for input and oversight, really speeding up the time and effort taken to perform updates.
- The depth of tools is often missed as it is not clear what each section of the tool does. If the naming of the functions was improved users might realise and use a lot more of them.
- The user interface can feel a bit tired at times and makes the tool more "scary" than it should be. A cleaner interface would make users more confident.
- DemandTools is an invaluable tool that will save you hours of valuable time daily.
- DemandTools will help you dedupe leads/contacts by Name and Company name, rather than just by email address.
- DemandTools matches fields extremely well, especially when using the Cleaned Account List feature that you can edit to include or exclude certain words in an account name, to make a better match.
- The biggest con I've seen with using DemandTools has been the instability of the program itself, it has crashed/closed on me several times. Although, it hasn't happened in a while, so perhaps an update helped with that issue.
- I'd like to see "First Two Words" as an option when trying to match a company name.
1. Finding IDs or other fields that are missing on a list of leads you have.
3. Pulling data that you need to bulk update, without having to export that data.
4. Reassigning leads, contacts and accounts.
5. Importing new leads or matching to existing and the ability to add them to a campaign in one click.
When using PeopleImport, you're practically guaranteed to not insert a duplicate lead. I have found PeopleImport to be as valuable to our organization has DemandTools has been.
- Mass Updates of data to achieve a set goal
- Formats existing data in mass to restructure the data for use with a particular system or software package
- Formats changes as they come into salesforce on the fly so data integrity can be maintained
- From my perspective, all seemed relatively straight forward.
- Its the sort of tool you set and forget, after the initial setup, we rarely play with the pre-established rules, as other systems draw from this formatted data.
- Allows you to preview your changes before actually making them.
- Help and training are really good and informative.
- Would be nice to have Search ability in more areas. Sometimes you have to scroll thru hundreds of fields on multiple objects to find what you are looking for.
- Sometimes when you want to change a condition, clicking on the condition brings up the condition and value, other times you have to scroll thru and find the field again which is frustrating.
- no training
- More functional than DataLoader.
- Easily make changes to thousands of records at a time.
- Identify dupe accounts quickly and mass merge.
- The UX is atrocious- like windows 95 bad. It needs help.
- Needs a Mac version. I need to use a PC emulator to run the software.
- Cloud based would be even better but I do understand the value of desktop based.
- Any large scale changes to SFDC.
- Minor inline changes are still probably easier in SFDC.
- Merging duplicates
- Inserting/updating records seamlessly in mass
- Reassigning record ownership in mass to handle sales territory changes
- Compatible with mac OS
- UX is a little dated
- Process records faster
- Easy to use
- Powerful software
- Built with user in mind
- Searching for fields is inconsistent across the program- sometimes you have a search box, sometimes you can type the whole word to jump around and sometimes only the first letter, inconsistent between modules.
- Although very easy to use once you have it down, there is a slight learning curve
- Deduplication - easily run multiple match criteria in one pass.
- Find/Report IDs - easily find existing records in Salesforce.
- DupeBlocker - great compliment to Salesforce's (limited) duplication rules.
- Interface/UI update needed.
- More export functionality/options.
- Reduce DupeBlocker key building times.
- De-duping scripts that allow you to filter data based on various criteria.
- Make updates to data.
- Scheduled batches for data updates.
- Invoicing and renewals have been very painful. With the constant sales team iteration it becomes very difficult to get in touch with someone.
- Help documentation is not very easily accessible.
- Sometimes the filters that can be used for filtering data (especially date/time filters) are not very user friendly and flexible.
- Easy to use.
- Refined/detailed search capabilities.
- Record capability.
- Finicky - tends to error out if computer is moved in slightest, or if you change windows.
- Would like additional search filters - cross field comparison for example: comparing home phone number to cell phone number in order to find duplicates.
I had used "Data Loader" for many years to complete mass updates. It is a good tool, but Demand Tools does SO MUCH MORE. There was a small learning curve, but the library of short videos got me up and running within an hour. The online and scheduled classes are short, to the point, and very helpful in walking through each part of the application. I liked the short videos, because I tend to search for specific information when I need it. I don't want to watch an hour long video and try to retain all of that knowledge. I like the targeted modules - that allowed me to locate the specific piece of the application I was working with, and gave me the particulars for that.
- Job Builder batches that allow you to run batches of updates for data integrity.
- De-duplicating data for loading and to ensure we do not load redundant records.
- Using PowerGrid like excel to drill and filter to particular record sets.
- Support - The team is very helpful and will provide you with as many resources as you need to succeed.
- The interface is a little basic.
- More in tool help would be great (This has been steadily improving).
- Quarterly or Annual updates on improvements and "What's New".
- We use this tool for cleaning and loading lists of Prospect data provided by vendors.
- I use this tool for "house-cleaning" and data integrity for key objects like Accounts and Opportunities, ensuring any missing data is reported so we can update those individual records (Like Territory, Region, Industry).
- I use PowerGrid for edits and mass moves of data (Change of Territory, change of record ownership).
- We use the tool to "Backfill" data when we make a change to a picklist or organizational data, like add or remove an industry.
- I use the job builder for batches of data cleaning that I used to run on a weekly basis. I have batched them in Job Builder and now they run daily.
- Easily and quickly handles large data imports via spreadsheet.
- Able to replicate frequently used scenarios to conduct regular data hygiene.
- Updates are pushed to CRM quickly and effectively - never had a misstep!
- User interface feels outdated.
- Selections when processing certain actions not very intuitive.
- Occasionally lead, contact, and account matching steps do not work correctly.
With that said, if your data import or update need is relatively straightforward, there's no more efficient way to accomplish your task than with DemandTools.
- Scenarios can be saved and reused.
- Possibility to configure the number of records treated by a batch or use bulk Api.
- Compliant with Salesforce security.
- Group several scenarios with JobBuilder to execute multi-steps processes.
- User friendly.
- Cannot schedule a JobBuilder scenario. I have to execute them manually every morning.
- Include PeopleImport in JobBuilder.
- Use joker in criteria.
and organization in Salesforce. It helps highlight existing contacts or
acknowledging ones that need to be created and managed differently. it
is helpful in that regard. I think other departments use it differently
for deduping records, creating leads, other means, etc. but I use it
mostly for matching external lists from spreadsheets sent from other
departments looking to have reports made and then using those reports to
send major email communications to. It is pretty easy to use,
especially once you load in scenarios that you can reference later. It helps manage
data, that's probably it's greatest business solution being offered.
- Matching contacts based on custom criteria
- Wide range of filters
- Very fast matching and dedupe compared to other similar products
- It takes some time to get used to all of the options and settings
- Can be a bit complicated or overwhelming to start with
It is being used by various departments IT, Sales Operations & to some extent by Marketing too.
DemandTools addresses multiple data issues for our org like- duplicity, inconsistency, bulk merging, lead conversion, ownership reassignment etc. It is the most robust tool when it comes to deduplication of data.
- Mass merging.
- Lead conversion.
- Ownership reassignment.
- Bulk backup.
- Mass impacting.
- DupeBlocker for SF Lightning.
- More details on error or success logs.
- EmailVerify feature to be provided as complimentary.
2) Mass Merging.
3) Mass impacting the data.
4)) Lead conversion.
Less appropriate for:
1) Large data volume.
2) Where detailed error log is required.
The functionality is theoretically great. Unfortunately, we get a LOT of timeouts errors so many of our jobs have to be run over and over to get finalized results.
For duplicate checking, it would be better if you could write more detailed logic as to what values in each record can be kept. Right now, it is all or nothing.
Some of its data cleaning tools are pretty cool - address/phone checks. The ability to clean up capitalizations, etc.
Haven't found a better solution yet...
The dupeblock needs better AI.
We use another tool for importing.
- Mass lead convert.
- Updating account statuses.
- Updating contact statuses.
- Setup can be a little confusing for scenarios. It's a lot of moving parts.
- PeopleImport can be clunky sometimes. If you mess up even 1 thing in one spreadsheet you have to start over reimport and do all your scenarios again. You might not know this until you're at the point of trying to upload.
- Auto-Converting Leads on a scheduled basis.
- Re-assigning Lead Ownership on a scheduled basis.
- Used by Data Steward team to format/normalize data.
- Used by Data Steward team to insert/update data.
- DemandTools has a lot of options to clean data within Salesforce, perfect for anyone in charge of data.
- Job Builder allows you to easily schedule regular intervals of jobs to be run on an ongoing basis for continuous functionality in several environments, which allows for the same experience across production and sandbox instances.
- MassImpact is a great tool to format data for phone/address/names of records in Salesforce, and more.
- DemandTools can sometimes crash if the metadata has changed in an environment, and the log in session does not immediately recognize the data. This particularly occurs when moving a scenario file from one instance of a running DemandTools to another.
- DemandTools can be a bit heavy on the PC, which makes sense because it is a robust application. Not sure if anything can be done to minimize PC usage.
- Allow for email notifications in Job Builder if a scheduled job crashes or stops running.
DemandTools can handle custom objects, but there is no standard Salesforce merge for custom objects. This allows for a bit more of a manual approach to "de-duping" these records, as DemandTools handles all of the processing.
DupeBlocker helps do what DemandTools does, in a more real-time scenario. It would be nice if DupeBlocker could handle more than 1 record at a time, but that's where DemandTools can compliment DupeBlocker when using them together.
PeopleImport is also helpful in importing people to de-dupe data.
- DemandTools is highly customizable around different scenarios based on different business needs.
- DemandTools' record merging and mass conversion tools closely align with our data strategy.
- The ability to save and load custom scenarios makes configuration super easy.
- Being a PC-only local client makes it unavailable to our users on different OSs.
- The interface needs an update.
- Build functionality to allow for different job sizes when not in batch mode.
- Standard deduplication
- Data cleanup
- Advanced deduplication with subsets of data, filtering, and reparenting.
- Easy file imports for users.
- Interface is clunky
- Interface is outdated
- Centralizing rules across the campus is not as easy to maintain. Users have to be aware.
- There are no good tools to schedule jobs and run automatically.
DemandTools Scorecard Summary
What is DemandTools?
The vendor says Validity DemandTools is a tool set designed to work on even the most massive CRM data sets. It addresses data deduplication, normalization, standardization, comparison, deletion, and email verification, as well as import and export.
The vendor offers data quality consultations, which can be scheduled at the Validity website.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
DemandTools Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
DemandTools Technical Details