Overall Satisfaction with DonorPerfect
DonorPerfect is being used as an integrated database for membership, development and events. We are using it in conjunction with our commerce system, accesso. DonorPerfect allows us to keep multiple addresses, emails and more details on donors and offers excellent reporting, using user defined criteria and filters.
- Reporting - offering the ability to custom build an export based on the fields and criteria needed that moment versus having to wait for a developer to design a report.
- User defined content - the ability to add additional fields as needed to support your organization's needs.
- User defined screen fields - the ability to design each tab with desired fields in the positions most efficient for internal data entry use.
- Duplicate removal can be time consuming when dealing with large batches, the Possible Dups report does not allow you to select the ones you definitely want to combine [one by one process].
- Would love to see Global Update or "replace" available for some additional fields such as MAILING TYPE or FLAG to help clean up lists, for example when an acquisition list needs to be pared from 5,000 to 1,000 without manually updating each record.
- In order to overwrite existing data during imports we have to enter a symbol [in our case a period] into all blank fields on the spreadsheet. Otherwise a renewal may fail to eliminate Janet's former husband from her member record.
We have been with DonorPerfect since 2006 (?) from previously using an Excel spreadsheet [stop giggling], so I have no other products to compare it to. As noted earlier, we are using DonorPerfect in conjunction with accesso [commerce system] but it doesn't offer the option for multiple addresses, multiple emails or the kind of donor details [comments, visit records, solicitation codes, etc.] required for advanced donor reporting and engagement.
DonorPerfect has served us very well, the support team has been very responsive to our needs. I think it is very helpful if the person considering the product actually understands how a relational database works [e.g. use of solicitation codes, flags, etc.] in order to avoid frustration down the road when they can't tell which donor gave to XX campaign vs YY campaign.
1 - Our IT Coordinator is our support, the skills that he has that I find valuable is being able to think like a database :) and the technical skills too, for example, build an export template to my specs.
I get an immediate "we got your request" email, generally a response within 24 hours and they respect my desire for an email vs phone response.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
I find it very easy to use, as a caveat, I "get" how imports, use of coding, etc. works.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Duplicate Removal on a large scale
- Update/Import to Addl Address screen
- Inability to flag an alternate address to auto update if changes are made on the MAIN screen