Drupal: A Definite Recommend!
September 28, 2018
Drupal: A Definite Recommend!
Technician in MarketingComputer Software Company, 1001-5000 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Drupal
Drupal is the main development platform that we use at my company. We currently use versions 7 and 8. We are in the process of migrating all version 7 instances to version 8. We use Drupal to house and promote all of our various assets, promote events, track registrations via integration. Drupal is used by various departments within my organization but is run by one main group whereas all of the others are supporting it. Drupal is used to both promote our products as well as serve as a singular housing unit for all resources, forms, event information, and company information.
- Drupal integrates very well with all of our technology, ie. Salesforce, Marketo, etc.
- Drupal's interface allows us to easily update and push out new material with ease.
- Drupal is a very well known technology that has made it easy for us to find talent that is familiar with it.
- There are certain limitations in the amount of information that can be passed from Drupal to Salesforce, specifically in areas of how long viewers are on a particular page.
- Drupal uses up a ton of memory space, due to how large our sites are, it has been costly to add in the required hardware.
- Our overall site traffic has grown exponentially since we have moved to it.
- We have been able to bring a standardized format to all of our resources and communications.
- Promoting new products is much easier due to the easy to use interface of Drupal, we can get a new product launch page up in record time compared to our old platform.
We have previously used WordPress, we found that the site is limited in its potential compared to Drupal. The biggest slow down we have seen is in the use of plug ins, unlike Drupal, WordPress experienced severe slowdowns. The user interface is rather slow and unrefined compared to Drupal, Drupal definitely is much more visually appealing and overall much more easy to use.
Drupal is great for a company of any size. It can support incredibly large companies or small ones. It was incredibly easy to install and supports many different resource assets that have been instrumental in growing our existing brands as well as the new ones we continue to acquire. Drupal also has the ability to create many different user roles so that we never have to worry about someone having access to something they should not have. Though this is not something new to Drupal, we have recently integrated it with Google Analytics and are finally leveraging this integration to its full potential.
Drupal Feature Ratings
Code quality / cleanliness
Library of website themes
Mobile optimization / responsive design
Availability / breadth of extensions
Community / comment management
Internationalization / multi-language
Role-based user permissions