Overall Satisfaction with e-Builder
e-Builder is being used by our organization to make tracking of projects easier. I work in higher education and we have in house project management and we are the main users, but it also is being used to allow all of the stakeholders involved in a project access to the documents and costs associated with a project. Previous to having e-Builder, project managers tended to keep project information on their personal computers or in shared drives. Different PM's arranged their files differently and it was often difficult to determine where things were if a PM left or handed a project over to another person. With e-Builder implementation, we have a central document repository and a folder structure that is the same across all projects. It also allows direct integration with our financial systems which makes it easier to track project costs.
- Provide a document structure that is easy to navigate. All documents, even within a process, are stored in the document structure and easily accessed by those with the correct permissions.
- Scheduling, especially with the new module is easy. It is helpful with a large organization where many hands touch projects to be able to forecast workloads (we have an in house engineering team who reviews all projects during their design phase)
- Allows for easy interface with contractors and makes the submittal process more straightforward.
- We have MS Project 2016 and it doesn't interface with the new schedule module.
- We have multiple layers of submittal approvals. Additional functionality to reflect how submittals are reviewed would be great.
- The new schedule module Save button is in a location that is not intuitive to look for. If it could auto save or not be all the way on the upper right hand side, it would be easier to use.
- Has added extra steps to processes that were previously easier. And I work for a university that complicates everything
- Has more than cut in half the time it takes to generate reports about project status
- Has made project management more efficient
e-Builder is well suited to situations where there are stakeholders across a large organization who need updates on a regular basis and great for tracking costs and schedule. It is less well suited to small projects with little complexity. It is also not well suited to projects with multiple primes.