- Qualtrics is great for designing complex surveys. For example, if you want your customers to register for a survey, you can automatically send them the survey link after they register or you can set an exact number of days to wait before sending the survey.
- Qualtrics is ideal for individuals who want to manage their consumer insights data in one location. You can manage the survey from start to finish on the same platform.
- The data analysis features in Qualtrics is incomparable to other software programs on the market. You can export your data, but you rarely need to because the reporting feature gives you 90% of what you need with the click of a few buttons.
- Qualtrics has been working to add more programs to its product line, but I am not sure yet how helpful the new lines are. It seems like they are trying to make it to where the entire company will use different platforms based on the type of feedback they need.
- The Qualtrics insights summit is a really great way to network with all different types of researchers. I just wish they would focus more on research and less on having big-name celebrities speak.
- Qualtrics support could use some work. It can be difficult to find help in the community. I almost always have to reach out to someone on the online chat or via email to get help.
- Construct the survey logic, allowing you to create cases and conditions as you need them.
- Suggest well known or commonly used scales for your questions.
- Reviewing the survey format in different kind of displays.
- Some specific reminders for assessing the correct score system. When it is the first time you use Qualtrics, it is not intuitive that you can give specific scores to each variable or measurements.
- Qualtrics is excellent for creating surveys to determine customer satisfaction
- Qualtrics helps provide quick analyses of survey results
- Qualtrics is good for creating event invitations and keeping track of RSVPs
- I work with a lot of graduate students who are temporary employees. When they graduate, I have to transfer ownership of all of the surveys they have created in order to add new collaborators.
- The survey platform is very user-friendly. The current survey that I am conducting is my first, but it has been easy to use the software.
- The webinars showing you how to use Qualtrics are very helpful.
- The look and feel of the survey is professional.
- Qualtrics has many great features that make it easier to collect and analyze data, including the options for distribution and creating reports.
- The support team could be quicker - it took 24 hours to get a reply by email.
- I didn't manage to include multiple, independent text boxes to one question to ease data analysis, such as this very example (three boxes that do not prescribe ranking when answering). I could only see this option for ranking.
- When changes are made to an email platform, one has to press save for those changes to apply to the email distributed. I missed this and sent out emails without the changes. I.e. perhaps state that somewhere, as I only thought of saving afterward, i.e. before I closed the window, but not before I distributed.
Qualtrics is used across my organization.
- Create Surveys. Many different types of questions are available.
- Tech Support. I believe it would be good for Qualtrics to have a dedicated tech support team that could take calls from clients and take technical questions.
- Unique Responses. For some surveys that use crowdsourced platforms like Amazon Mturk for collecting responses from the general population, we need unique respondents. That is because answering questions in one survey might bias responses in another survey. It would be great if Qualtrics can provide a way to prevent duplicate respondents from taking part. Of course, this algorithm might not be 100% full proof, but something that is advanced enough. At present, the "Prevent BallotBox Stuffing" feature in Qualtrics does not do a sufficiently good job. I still see a lot of duplicate IPs in my end results.
- Qualtrics is extremely intuitive and easy to use.
- The result dashboards are accessible for managers and provide an easy to use way to display data. They make it easy to slice and dice your data how you'd like it presented.
- The setup is completely customizable.
- If there was a way to change survey themes and update customizations like that by the end-user, it would be very beneficial. Right now, you must submit a request for a survey theme change.
- Qualtrics is a very user-friendly product to design and distribute surveys.
- Qualtrics reporting features make it very easy to deliver reports on survey data.
- Qualtrics customer support is excellent. As the university brand administrator, I have always received quick and accurate help.
- Qualtrics is always testing and improving the product. I have tested new functionality for their engineers and they are responsive and innovative.
- Easy to build the questionnaire as it has more than 20 question types to choose and easy steps to build survey logic. And if you have any questions, their support team will be there for you and is super helpful. You can just call them and they will help you.
- It can store the customer's detail/information very well so that you can use it to contact them if ever there's an issue or problem. Or you can choose to have it "Anonymous".
- You can build the report based on their responses in a real time manner.
- Vocalize Dashboard - the x and Y axis doesn't have a function to build intervals yet. It is not that crucial but still good to have when you are keen in doing dashboard that requires interval.
- Ability to Undo your work is also not applicable. Once you have done changes, it will be final which is a bit confusing specially if you are still in "editing" phase. So I suggest to do the changes that you are 100% sure that you are correct or else you will be doing a rework.
- Best in class survey questionnaire design
- Most available survey question types
- Awesome product support
- Online support material could be better organized. Due to the amount of different products, online support can get very confusing.
- Guides you through the evaluation tool development process with ease
- Software provides a wonderful resource library and support
- Tool development is a quick and easy process - self paced but with easy to identify and use tools
- A little more flexibility in the background template design tools would be nice, for example, the ability to assign a text to the"back" and "forward" arrows
Level of customer knowledge of services
- Easy initial access. Novice users can jump in quickly and master the basics within a few minutes.
- High ceiling. Once the basics are mastered users can learn and utilize more sophisticated features that significantly extend and enrich data gathering opportunities.
- Good support. Support agents are available on-line, through email or via telephone.
- The data analysis tools are quite limited. They have tried to upgrade these tools but so far we have not been impressed.
- The reporting tools are easy to use and can readily be used to create basic tables and charts for automated reports. However, the tools have limited flexibility and cannot create very sophisticated or visually appealing reports.
- Qualtrics has greatly expanded its mission in the last few years. We worry a bit about whether mission creep will cause decay or stagnation in the basic survey tools that launched them.
Less good fit - I haven't yet run into a situation in which it was not a good fit for my data collection needs.
I just happened to "stumble" across Qualtrics on the INTERNET and it is currently being used by me. Our Math/Science department Ph.D. grad students and research students are very much interested in Qualtrics vs. other programs on the INTERNET.
Thank you, Qualtrics for your support and design of "surveys"- it was very user-friendly!! I am currently finishing my Ph.D. study and Qualtrics has assisted me tremendously! I have NEVER configured a survey before and I really needed to do this ASAP! I am graduating- Summer, 2018!
Lillian H Degand
- The configuration of a survey - user-friendly and able to do this by myself
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT - Grant Holbrook, initiated a demo call ASAP and I was able to begin the survey with just a few questions
- Tech Support-Ray Jacobs and AJ were "spot -on!" They walked me through some of the cliches that I was facing and Ray Jacobs actually configured my 2 surveys together AND sent me a video on how she did it! YAY!!!!! PLEASE GIVE RAY AND AJ A SALARY RAISE!! WELL-DESERVED~~~~!
- Would you consider displaying the Qualtrics video on "HOW TO..."?
- Qualtrics provides an easy to use platform for making surveys and tests.
- We are able to quantify staff knowledge and opinions easily using the data collected using this product.
- Qualtrics could be designed to be a little more user intuitive when trying to look at the data from surveys. It took me a bit of clicking around to find my results.
- They go the extra mile. At the beginning of my project they walked me through the set up and then put together a series of five training videos to help me through and emailed them to me. I really felt this was the extra mile to help me. . . I felt they cared about my project and my success.
- There is only one issue that I have had, I really feel I should always have the option to extend my survey time and turns out in my case I did not. No worries they did provide a work around if needed. Again they care about my success.
- Customer Support
- User friendly interface
- Help resources and tutorials
- Depending on time of day, it can be difficult to reach someone in a pinch.
- I sometimes get lost in the new user interface, but it is most likely because I was so familiar with the previous. Perhaps some things could be more obvious?
- Registration Links
- Automated Suggestion Box
- Attendance attestations
- Stable system
- Lots of amazing features that are very applicable to our type of use in the university
- Fantastic support (web, chat, email, phone).
- Make the default report more intuitive
- Communication of changes to brand administrators
- More modern survey templates
- Participant management: Easy to load participant information, and to manage survey recruitment
- Surveys: Intuitive and easy to design surveys
- Survey Logic: Several tools to make it easy to customize surveys based on your needs
- Reports: While this feature has improved over time, I still find it to be not to have as much customization as I'd like
- The survey options are great and user friendly
- Support for this product is great
- It is easy to share projects with other team members for collaborations
- There is a steep learning curve. A walk through tutorial could be helpful. The webinars are great, but are time consuming.
- Survey tool is incredible - there really isn't anything else as sophisticated on the market.
- Speed of generating surveys is amazing, it's definitely built by someone that cares about user experience design.
- Flexibility and complexity of surveys are brilliant.
- Target audience point redemption process isn't an ideal experience for the user. They should be allowed to redeem rewards at their discretion - save 100 points and get $50. Not push a $10 reward every so often, which they then have to find in their email?!?!
- Target audience point redemption process isn't business savvy. We experience a ~15-30% burn rate, meaning not all points awarded get redeemed. Community members lose interest and don't redeem, that's a big financial saving for our client. If we adopted the manual redemption push then our client would have lost that saving.
- We are trying to interface with Tango to provide a more sophisticated reward redemption offering, it's been an uphill battle. We needed a dedicated IT person to help us from spinning our wheels from Day 1. We finally received someone, but it should have been done from day 1.
- Customer service. The handful of times I have had questions while building or distributing surveys, Qualtrics customer service has been able to resolve the issue quickly, always with friendly, expert service.
- Usability. Building a survey in Qualtrics fairly intuitive, and I've been able to train many of my undergraduate research assistants quickly and seamlessly on the platform.
- Some information is lacking from the FAQs/help pages. I've had to call a couple of times because the information I was looking for wasn't online. For instance, how to disable a back button for individual pages in a survey.
- File storage within a survey. Particularly, the file names that appear in the library are only the outward-facing names; it would be helpful to see both outward-facing and internal file names/information.
Less suited for instances in which survey formatting must be more flexible or creative.
- Customer service - whenever I have a question about Qualtrics features, I get clear answers from Qualtrics customer support quickly.
- Survey building - it's easy to make surveys, duplicate surveys, export them into word, and so many other things about making surveys in Qualtrics.
- Survey distribution - you can put an email list into Qualtrics and send out the survey directly from the Qualtrics platform.
- Hover-over definitions- my team and I were hoping to have hover-over definitions in our survey. To achieve this, we'd have to put in some custom coding, which Qualtrics doesn't support. Qualtrics customer support advised us to use a hyperlink to a document with the definitions instead, which should work out fine.
- Their customer support has been very helpful with answering any questions that came up.
- Their sales team worked with us to ensure that the Professional Services work was properly scoped prior to project execution.
- Their technology works as promised in terms of the ability to create surveys & manipulate/visualize data.
- Some of the hoops to jump through to make things work properly within the surveys/audit portal are a little technologically complex, but nothing we couldn't figure out.
- The platform is very intuitive and easy to use. It's easy to create surveys and access data.
- Customer service is AMAZING! I love that you can actually call and talk to a human and get real time experts helping you resolve issues.
- So far, all of my support questions have been about curiosity - what can I do with this, or how can I implement this. They always know how to help find a solution!
- So far, Qualtrics has been able to do everything that I have needed, honestly, and it is all easy to figure out within just a click or two.
Qualtrics Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Qualtrics offers a survey platform for actionable customer, market, and employee insights.
The software allows companies to collect and analyze data, with the goal of gathering insights that drive better decision-making and better customer experiences. Use cases include market research, voice of the customer programs, or employee engagement.
Customers include Nike, Netflix, American Airlines, American Express, Marriott, Microsoft, GE, P&G, Nasdaq, Ferrari, Porsche, Tesla, Boeing, Royal Caribbean, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT. The vendor says the product offers its customers speed, power, agility, ease of use, and value.
Qualtrics is backed by three venture capital firms: Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Insight Venture Partners. The company has 1,000 employees, 8,500 clients, and millions of users.
Qualtrics Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Qualtrics Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|