Qualtrics Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Joshua Melder profile photo
I work as part of a small-scale business team that provides process audits and recommendations to customers. We utilize Qualtrics for a variety of productivity uses - but primarily deliver client pre-work questionnaires, on-site follow-ups, and post-audit surveys. Qualtrics is one of many survey-based tools that our team has used to better our understanding for client engagements. Our team has enjoyed both the user-friendly interface and the flexibility of the platform to fit our own team standards and templates. Qualtrics offers an extensive array of customization tools while leveraging best-in-class features for the modern business. There are many administrative departments within our organization that utilize Qualtrics for business developmental services. Templates can be saved, copied, and edited by a variety of users in order to maximize efficiencies for completing surveys quickly.
  • There are both personal and shared libraries for individual users and business teams.
  • Extremely intuitive user-interface that familiarizes users with the platform quickly.
  • One can save results to a wide variety of formats (CSV, SPSS, and more) for further data management
  • Our team has encountered some difficulties embedding data into surveys.
  • From my experience, conditional logic could be a bit more streamlined and user-friendly. It encumbers some of our team from creating more complex surveys.
  • Dependent on the amount of data, reporting can sometimes feel a bit clunky.
Qualtrics is extremely well-suited for engaging with the wide user-base of your target platform. As a member of a team that provides on-site visits and 'discovery' engagements, Qualtrics helps our team come prepared for on-site visits. Furthermore, follow-up surveys enable our team to be nimble, ask the right questions, and submit additional surveys after our initial engagement. Qualtrics is a fantastic tool for engaging with both internal and external teams with the goal of understanding employee workflows, perceptions, and areas of growth. One can tailor surveys for a specific need and then share out to the client's preferred medium (desktop or mobile). This means that survey respondents will need to have both access and a small technological proficiency in order to successfully complete surveys - however, this is nearly a basic requirement for most administrative jobs today.
Read Joshua Melder's full review
Jim Ritchie profile photo
October 08, 2019

Service could be better

In the period of time we had it, it was being used for customer feedback surveys to improve business.
  • Overall, the software works fine as it is.
  • Their customer service is awful. Nobody wants to talk to you and they will only converse over email.
  • They make it extremely difficult to cancel your subscription.
Qualtronics is well-suited for customer surveys.
Read Jim Ritchie's full review
Qualtrics allows for the creation of surveys which are then analyzed for trends. Responses are transferred to SPSS, Excel, and other programs in order to further analyze data in order to make decisions in line with feedback from both internal and external stakeholders. Qualtrics allows for employees to edit surveys and edit how the responses are disseminated.
  • User-friendly.
  • Clear presentation of results.
  • Able to export to other programs.
  • Response increase mechanisms.
  • Question validation.
  • How surveys appear on user devices.
Qualtrics is well suited for creating in-house surveys that come across more professional than Google Forms or Survey Monkey. Qualtrics is seen by respondents as the gold standard for survey usage so respondents are more likely to reply and take their time to answer questions with a high degree of fidelity.
We use it to gather student feedback on course offerings or to gather instructor feedback on questions concerning department planning. I have also used it to gather feedback on pedagogy, especially for online courses. I would say I use it once every 2 months or so.
  • Fairly intuitive interface.
  • Robust distribution options.
  • Decent reporting tools.
  • More reporting options would be most helpful.
  • Improving the method of determining the logic of the questions and the overall survey flow would also be a big help.
  • An option to receive an alert when someone has taken the survey would be helpful.
I have found that Qualtrics is best for gathering data from large and dispersed groups of people. For example, we have used it to ask instructors and faculty about scheduling preferences. I have found it be somewhat less helpful for smaller groups, such as feedback from a single class. This is probably more about surveys in general than Qualtrics itself.
October 24, 2019

Qualtrics Review

We use Qualtrics across the organization in different ways. Our main use of it is customer and market research. We send surveys to our customers and prospects by using the Qualtrics email tool, through an automated Salesforce integration, by posting on social and embedding in our Marketo emails. However, we also use it for internal uses: internal surveys on a project and department effectiveness, employee preferences and to RSVP for events.
  • Easy to use with an intuitive design.
  • Extremely flexible - If you can dream it, you can likely do it.
  • A passionate and friendly community of users always willing to help.
  • The best-in-show for CX thought leadership.
  • XM directory needs more flexibility in how you manage how often to contact panelists.
  • XM directory could have more information on the contact level - When statuses were changed or add and the source.
  • It should be easier to get a 360 view of an individual respondent.
I've implemented Qualtrics three times - at a small business, medium business and large business. All three uses were different but all entirely appropriate. The nice thing is that Qualtrics lets you scale the functionality you need and how much use you expect, even offering a free level. I can't think of a situation in which Qualtrics would not be appropriate.
Amy Pearce profile photo
Qualtrics is used currently only by the Research team, but it's a fantastic piece of technology for our team. It helps us with our complex research needs (quantitative research projects) and also more basic needs (stakeholder satisfaction surveys).
  • Can create complex surveys (with multiple types of logic to skip between questions, sort respondents into different groups and so on).
  • Can perform basic descriptive/comparative analysis and reporting (simple but effective graphs).
  • Good customer service response when you need help.
  • I haven't found a weakness yet (perhaps cost! But we prioritize it in our budget).
Suitable for large organizations who need to run large/complex surveys.
Read Amy Pearce's full review
Robert Muenchen profile photo
Qualtrics is used for almost every type of survey across all the campuses of The University of Tennessee. The only exception to that is the 360-degree performance reviews, for which they charge an additional fee. Most of the surveys are for academic research, but we also do administrative ones such as student opinions, faculty senate voting, etc.
  • It has many features, about as many as QuestionPro, slightly more than SurveyGizmo, and *many* more than SurveyMonkey.
  • It's probably the fastest when logging into the design tool. Actually, taking surveys is fast in all the ones we've tried.
  • It has one unique feature: the ability to keep someone from moving forward in a survey until a certain amount of time passes. That's not needed very often but if you want to ensure that someone has really studied, say, an advertisement before answering, that'll do it.
  • It's complex, so it takes longer to master than, say, SurveyMonkey
  • I'd like to see the company treat their customers fairly. Their common approach is to sell it to you at a huge discount, then wait until it's obvious that changing vendors would be very expensive. Then they raise the price sharply, often doubling it. Then they try to pressure you into a multi-year contract. It sounds like a crazy way to treat customers, but we weren't the only one. Search these archives to see how many customers have complained that they got the same treatment: EDUCAUSE CIO Community Group Listserv and the EDUCAUSE IT Procurement and Supplier Management Community Group Listserv. Our team works with round 30 research software vendors and this is extremely rare behavior.
It's well suited to a wide range of survey tasks. Just be aware that whatever your price is now, it's likely to increase sharply in the future.
Read Robert Muenchen's full review
Patsy Davis profile photo
AU Campus Recreation uses Qualtrics to survey our members, our student users, and our student employees. It helps us gauge our successes and needs in allowing us to assess our unit and strategic plan goals, as well as in our student learning outcomes. I appreciate the ability to tie in our short and long term goals into surveys which allow for long term data collection. It really is a great service.
  • Qualtrics allows us to create surveys and generate the related reports without having to be survey or data experts.
  • Very user-friendly
  • The support staff is amazing. They take care of issues immediately and are eager to help you succeed.
  • I really can't think of any problems.
  • My experience has been positive.
Qualtrics is very well suited for any organization in which learning outcomes are monitored. It's a great way to stay on top of your data.
Read Patsy Davis's full review
Cheryl McKay profile photo
March 26, 2019

Stellar System

Qualtrics is used across our campus by faculty, staff, research assistants and student employees. We not only use this as a top-like survey tool, we often use this in place of using forms.
  • Easy to use and understand.
  • Full-blown suite of tools.
  • Best support in the industry!!!!
  • Sometimes, when changes are made to the interface, if you don't pay attention to the email updates, you may have a difficult time finding tools/sections and have to contact support.
We have not run across any scenarios for our intended use in which Qualtrics was not appropriate.
Read Cheryl McKay's full review
Sydni C. Warner profile photo
November 23, 2018

Qualtrics and it's Tricks

We are in a research lab and we use Quadratics to gather demographics and administer surveys in our research project. I don't think everyone in the School of Social Work uses Qualtics but it is very popular at the University of Michigan. Qualtrics addresses problems with incomplete data that you often get on paper surveys. Having an online survey where you can force people to answer before moving on allows for complete responses and therefore complete data.
  • I LOVE the required response feature. It makes sure all of our data is complete.
  • I think Qualtrics is super easy to use and very helpful with demonstrating skip logic.
  • Qualtrics also is SUPER user friendly and the staff on the phone are super helpful when you call and ask questions.
  • One thing that could be improved is more questions/ answers on the help page. I had a specific question pertaining to how to unpublish a survey and couldnt find the response online anywhere so I had to call.
Qualtrics works super well in research because it can again require subject fields to be filled. I cant think of a time where someone wouldn't use Qualtrics unless they aren't doing surveys.
Read Sydni C. Warner's full review
Emma Lazaroff profile photo
It is being used by the whole organization to conduct surveys for academic research purposes.
  • Qualtrics has excellent customer support that works you through each problem and provides instructions tailored to your survey, such as through customized videos, instead of sending you to a generic help page.
  • Qualtrics' survey flow is not intuitive. To skip to a custom end of survey, you need to skip to the end of a block.
It is well suited to academic research. It is useful, but not necessary for amateur surveys.
Read Emma Lazaroff's full review
We are using this tool within one department to serve the needs of the entire organization. It provides insight on customer experience, training evaluations, and health outcomes.
  • Flexible. Software is able to do lots of things ... but you have to trick it a lot of the time.
  • Powerful. Software is able to integrate with other tools well.
  • Product isn't always stable. Lots of spinning wheels. Slow at deleting data and downloading raw data. There are major areas of improvement in functionality, like data reports.
  • Non-intuitive. I feel great about Qualtrics now that I've been working with it for two years, but it was a steep learning curve for a lot of features.
  • Easy to make big mistakes. I deleted a group once and it caused chaos on my team for three days while reps figured out whether they could reinstate it.
Great for: organizations that create a lot of different types of surveys and want a flexible tool to do so.
Not great for: Non-tech-savvy users.
We are using Qualtrics to capture data responses from internal and external users of our services, products, and experiences.
  • great user interface
  • myriad of great features
  • great customer service
  • none
well suited: submitting applications
December 22, 2018

Use Qualtrics

We use Qualtrics to survey our riders and employees. It helps us keep all survey contacts in one place and manage the panel.
  • Survey interface is neat and Qualtrics allows complex survey designing.
  • There is always a way, if not straightforward, then a roundabout way of getting things done in Qualtrics. That's what I really like about this interface.
  • Their Customer service is great. One of the best and something to learn from. They tend to change the Account Manager every year, but I've only had good experiences with each one of them. They are very knowledgeable, experienced, and friendly.
  • Need a select-one-answer-per-column question type. There's a roundabout way to do this, but if we implement the roundabout, we cannot make this question a "required" response
  • There should be a way to copy formats (colors, fonts, etc.) from Word. Currently, copying these from Word can cause the survey look and feel to go completely haywire
Well suited for all research functions.
Katharine Mason profile photo
I do all the surveys for the university I work for. We have had Qualtrics available on campus for five years. I am a very heavy user of Qualtrics. I also teach other faculty and staff on campus how to use it by giving a 3-hour workshop each semester. Qualtrics is a great tool for researchers, especially for sending out surveys to large numbers of people. I have sent surveys to our entire campus community a few times, over 5,000 people with no problems. Rarely, I do encounter something that does not go right. The Qualtrics support has always been immediately available to me and they have always been able to help me find a solution. I highly recommend the product.
  • Qualtrics offers a wide range of question formats. This feature allows for uniquely styled questions that keep a students interest.
  • Qualtrics is very useful for sending out surveys on a particular schedule at a good time to not overload our campus IT system. The reminder feature is great in that I can set up all four reminders for the entire survey when I set up the survey.
  • I most value the immediate support when I run into a problem. A problem stops my work in its tracks. It is very important that I get the issue resolved quickly so I can get on with my work.
  • The one feature I have found to be frustrating is the rank order question format. The way it gives the response still means I need to calculate the numbers for each response in order to see which ranked highest. I wish Qualtrics would give this information.
Qualtrics is well suited for surveys that I can send out. The reminder function is great, I appreciate that a survey and all reminders can be programed all at once. That way I don't have to remember if I sent a reminder or not. I know it is taken care of. I have been told it is not so practical for instant surveys, like at a graduation ceremony where it is necessary to get the URL to an audience.
Read Katharine Mason's full review
Jason Gray profile photo
Qualtrics is used for different purposes. PhD students and faculty members use Qualtrics surveys for research purposes. Staff departments use Qualtrics to obtain data on student and potential student experiences while attending school events. MBA students often use Qualtrics within various courses to obtain data for projects.
  • Qualtrics has great support. Always quick to respond, and works to provide answers to resolve reported issues.
  • Survey tools has many options, and allows for customization.
  • Surveys are easy to create.
  • The only issue I've encountered is that Qualtrics doesn't allow an organization to easily update template branding for the organization.
Qualtrics appears to be well suited in many situations. Great tool for doing research, gathering participant data on experiences, and staff feedback.
Read Jason Gray's full review
Gary Dunmore profile photo
We use Qualtrics as a platform to conduct survey-based research with households and businesses as part of client projects as well as to support other services we offer. We are a research and analysis consulting firm focused on the economics of broadband internet and related issues. Our analysis creates actionable intelligence for our clients.
  • A wide range of question formats that are very easy and intuitive to set up and use.
  • Excellent technical support and support resources. It is hugely beneficial to be able to actually talk to someone by phone when needed, helping to resolve issues quickly.
  • Extremely reliable with a rich set of features, not only for data collection, but for analysis and reporting as well.
  • More flexibility and options for creating and testing email triggers. The editor is limited and the only way to test the triggers is to complete the survey each time you change something.
  • Having an "undo" feature would be useful if you make a change to a question that you don't like.
  • Provide a built in feature to be able to "toggle" additional text open and closed within a question. Sometimes optionally providing more information for respondents can be helpful. I currently use a java script to do this, but that can be unreliable if something changes in the platform. I had used such a script for a long time and then it just stopped working for an unknown reason. I found a new script that works, but who knows for how long.
For standard data collection it is great. It is difficult to set up questions for scenario analysis using a selection of choice sets.
Read Gary Dunmore's full review
Corinne Gibson profile photo
Qualtrics is a relatively new software for our company. I've been with the company for two years and the initial account was set up by a consumer insights department which no longer exists within the company. Today, we still use the research suite to conduct market research and to monitor internal employee feedback; however, it is now the responsibility of one person in product marketing instead of the responsibility of an entire consumer insights department.
  • Qualtrics is great for designing complex surveys. For example, if you want your customers to register for a survey, you can automatically send them the survey link after they register or you can set an exact number of days to wait before sending the survey.
  • Qualtrics is ideal for individuals who want to manage their consumer insights data in one location. You can manage the survey from start to finish on the same platform.
  • The data analysis features in Qualtrics is incomparable to other software programs on the market. You can export your data, but you rarely need to because the reporting feature gives you 90% of what you need with the click of a few buttons.
  • Qualtrics has been working to add more programs to its product line, but I am not sure yet how helpful the new lines are. It seems like they are trying to make it to where the entire company will use different platforms based on the type of feedback they need.
  • The Qualtrics insights summit is a really great way to network with all different types of researchers. I just wish they would focus more on research and less on having big-name celebrities speak.
  • Qualtrics support could use some work. It can be difficult to find help in the community. I almost always have to reach out to someone on the online chat or via email to get help.
Qualtrics is well suited for individuals who need help with their product roadmaps. If you are looking to accumulate and manage customer feedback at each stage of the product lifecycle, Qualtrics can help you immensely. When used appropriately, you can easily manage consumer feedback at each stage, which helps you to be better informed when making roadmap decisions, like whether or not to kill or re-vamp a certain product.
Read Corinne Gibson's full review
Ilna Colemere profile photo
September 10, 2018

Data at a glance!

I am using Qualtrics to create surveys for:
Workshop evaluations
Registration for workshops
Polling for meeting dates and and times
  • The Qualtrics tools allow the user to create surveys with a variety of response formats. Triggers for redirecting respondents to websites, email, additional surveys, etc.provide for clear definition in data collection.
  • Phone support is consistently effective. Their guidance to solutions to issues related to logic or piping language reduce the time and stress of constructing a useful, efficient survey.
  • Video tutorials to accompany the directions in the Help menu would be useful.
Respondents use a Qualtrics survey to register for workshops. The spreadsheet data gives a detailed report of all the data needed for an end of semester report.
I haven't identified a less than positive scenario. Qualtrics is my "go to" survey tools. I used Survey monkey prior to our institution adopting Qualtrics. I find the robust Qualtrics tools and templates of greater use.
Read Ilna Colemere's full review
khalid Abdel-Rahman profile photo
Qualtrics is used to conduct customer satisfaction surveys and automate paper work forms to be electronic for research.

Qualtrics solved a lot of problems when it comes to report the results in professional way and break down the reports to separate departments easily.

Qualtrics saved a lot of working hours to do the automation in Excel and the email triggers helped us to have a fast response to our travelers in accurate manner.
  • Create professional surveys.
  • Do deep analysis with the data in a more user-friendly way than, for example, SPSS.
  • More question types for videos.
  • Better API integration with other platforms like Microsoft power BI.
Simply, you will have a very professional service.
Read khalid Abdel-Rahman's full review
César Zacipa profile photo
The Department of Social and Behavioral Science at Tilburg University uses Qualtrics as their main data capture platform. This is due to the reliability of the platform to maintain the data safe, the different options and distribution canals it offer, as well as the opportunity to create different surveys for academic research or academic development.
  • Construct the survey logic, allowing you to create cases and conditions as you need them.
  • Suggest well known or commonly used scales for your questions.
  • Reviewing the survey format in different kind of displays.
  • Some specific reminders for assessing the correct score system. When it is the first time you use Qualtrics, it is not intuitive that you can give specific scores to each variable or measurements.
It is really suitable for academic and marketing online research.
Read César Zacipa's full review
Tam Woodrum profile photo
I have used Qualtrics in the past as an employee of a research company. I am now using it to collect data for my dissertation.
  • Easy to use question formats
  • Supports online surveys on multiple platforms with little need to tweak
  • Easily generates test data
  • Some items are buried under areas you don't expect - need a better way to see how things are organized upfront
  • Need to have an automatic survey progress dashboard with basic metrics (e.g., complete, screened out, etc.)
  • Matrix questions may be "unpopular" with survey takers but researchers using validated scales have no choice - should be able to get input on how to make them more readable
Well suited for online surveys. Needs improvement with having more easy connections to recruitment alternatives, like Mechanical Turk, with more protections for preventing fraud and protecting anonymity, especially if paying respondents.
Read Tam Woodrum's full review
Molly Hatcher profile photo
University of Texas at Austin has an institutional license with Qualtrics. Our organization uses Qualtrics to help us evaluate the effectiveness of our programs.
  • Qualtrics is excellent for creating surveys to determine customer satisfaction
  • Qualtrics helps provide quick analyses of survey results
  • Qualtrics is good for creating event invitations and keeping track of RSVPs
  • I work with a lot of graduate students who are temporary employees. When they graduate, I have to transfer ownership of all of the surveys they have created in order to add new collaborators.
I really like using Qualtrics to help with program evaluation.
Read Molly Hatcher's full review
Dennis Junius profile photo
We use Qualtrics to survey our global membership population on many different topics. We find the platform easy to use and they are always very helpful when I need to reach support. Their professional services have also been very helpful at doing custom work we asked them to perform for us.
  • Good support
  • Continually evolving
  • Reporting tools
  • Re-uploading data after data cleaning
  • Data cleaning w/in the program would be welcome
Great for surveys of populations like ours. We find their mail distribution could be a bit better for a more global population ... we'd like to see them be able to send out mail for different time zones rather than doing it manually on our end.
Read Dennis Junius's full review
Jeanette Høj Jensen profile photo
I am, personally, using Qualtrics' survey platform to conduct a survey of the relevant stakeholders of my research topic. My organization, the University of Western Australia, subscribes to this software.
  • The survey platform is very user-friendly. The current survey that I am conducting is my first, but it has been easy to use the software.
  • The webinars showing you how to use Qualtrics are very helpful.
  • The look and feel of the survey is professional.
  • Qualtrics has many great features that make it easier to collect and analyze data, including the options for distribution and creating reports.
  • The support team could be quicker - it took 24 hours to get a reply by email.
  • I didn't manage to include multiple, independent text boxes to one question to ease data analysis, such as this very example (three boxes that do not prescribe ranking when answering). I could only see this option for ranking.
  • When changes are made to an email platform, one has to press save for those changes to apply to the email distributed. I missed this and sent out emails without the changes. I.e. perhaps state that somewhere, as I only thought of saving afterward, i.e. before I closed the window, but not before I distributed.
I don't have much experience with Qualtrics, but it's very suitable for conducting a survey for research. It seems to me to have more credibility and professional appeal than for example SurveyMonkey.
Read Jeanette Høj Jensen's full review

Survey templates (95)
Themes (96)
Custom logo/branding (94)
Changes to live survey (97)
Question design help (103)
Multiple question types (111)
Survey logic flexibility (111)
Response tracking (108)
Compliance (83)
Vendor-offered crowdsourcing (45)
Respondent restrictions (71)

About Qualtrics

Qualtrics offers a survey platform for actionable customer, market, and employee insights.

The software allows companies to collect and analyze data, with the goal of gathering insights that drive better decision-making and better customer experiences. Use cases include market research, voice of the customer programs, or employee engagement.

Customers include Nike, Netflix, American Airlines, American Express, Marriott, Microsoft, GE, P&G, Nasdaq, Ferrari, Porsche, Tesla, Boeing, Royal Caribbean, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT. The vendor says the product offers its customers speed, power, agility, ease of use, and value.

Qualtrics is backed by three venture capital firms: Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Insight Venture Partners. The company has 3,000 employees, 10,000+ clients, and millions of users.

Qualtrics Features