Reviews (1-25 of 154)
- There are both personal and shared libraries for individual users and business teams.
- Extremely intuitive user-interface that familiarizes users with the platform quickly.
- One can save results to a wide variety of formats (CSV, SPSS, and more) for further data management
- Our team has encountered some difficulties embedding data into surveys.
- From my experience, conditional logic could be a bit more streamlined and user-friendly. It encumbers some of our team from creating more complex surveys.
- Dependent on the amount of data, reporting can sometimes feel a bit clunky.
- Overall, the software works fine as it is.
- Their customer service is awful. Nobody wants to talk to you and they will only converse over email.
- They make it extremely difficult to cancel your subscription.
- Fairly intuitive interface.
- Robust distribution options.
- Decent reporting tools.
- More reporting options would be most helpful.
- Improving the method of determining the logic of the questions and the overall survey flow would also be a big help.
- An option to receive an alert when someone has taken the survey would be helpful.
- Easy to use with an intuitive design.
- Extremely flexible - If you can dream it, you can likely do it.
- A passionate and friendly community of users always willing to help.
- The best-in-show for CX thought leadership.
- XM directory needs more flexibility in how you manage how often to contact panelists.
- XM directory could have more information on the contact level - When statuses were changed or add and the source.
- It should be easier to get a 360 view of an individual respondent.
- Can create complex surveys (with multiple types of logic to skip between questions, sort respondents into different groups and so on).
- Can perform basic descriptive/comparative analysis and reporting (simple but effective graphs).
- Good customer service response when you need help.
- I haven't found a weakness yet (perhaps cost! But we prioritize it in our budget).
- It has many features, about as many as QuestionPro, slightly more than SurveyGizmo, and *many* more than SurveyMonkey.
- It's probably the fastest when logging into the design tool. Actually, taking surveys is fast in all the ones we've tried.
- It has one unique feature: the ability to keep someone from moving forward in a survey until a certain amount of time passes. That's not needed very often but if you want to ensure that someone has really studied, say, an advertisement before answering, that'll do it.
- It's complex, so it takes longer to master than, say, SurveyMonkey
- I'd like to see the company treat their customers fairly. Their common approach is to sell it to you at a huge discount, then wait until it's obvious that changing vendors would be very expensive. Then they raise the price sharply, often doubling it. Then they try to pressure you into a multi-year contract. It sounds like a crazy way to treat customers, but we weren't the only one. Search these archives to see how many customers have complained that they got the same treatment: EDUCAUSE CIO Community Group Listserv and the EDUCAUSE IT Procurement and Supplier Management Community Group Listserv. Our team works with round 30 research software vendors and this is extremely rare behavior.
- Qualtrics allows us to create surveys and generate the related reports without having to be survey or data experts.
- Very user-friendly
- The support staff is amazing. They take care of issues immediately and are eager to help you succeed.
- I really can't think of any problems.
- My experience has been positive.
- Easy to use and understand.
- Full-blown suite of tools.
- Best support in the industry!!!!
- Sometimes, when changes are made to the interface, if you don't pay attention to the email updates, you may have a difficult time finding tools/sections and have to contact support.
- I LOVE the required response feature. It makes sure all of our data is complete.
- I think Qualtrics is super easy to use and very helpful with demonstrating skip logic.
- Qualtrics also is SUPER user friendly and the staff on the phone are super helpful when you call and ask questions.
- One thing that could be improved is more questions/ answers on the help page. I had a specific question pertaining to how to unpublish a survey and couldnt find the response online anywhere so I had to call.
- Qualtrics has excellent customer support that works you through each problem and provides instructions tailored to your survey, such as through customized videos, instead of sending you to a generic help page.
- Qualtrics' survey flow is not intuitive. To skip to a custom end of survey, you need to skip to the end of a block.
- Flexible. Software is able to do lots of things ... but you have to trick it a lot of the time.
- Powerful. Software is able to integrate with other tools well.
- Product isn't always stable. Lots of spinning wheels. Slow at deleting data and downloading raw data. There are major areas of improvement in functionality, like data reports.
- Non-intuitive. I feel great about Qualtrics now that I've been working with it for two years, but it was a steep learning curve for a lot of features.
- Easy to make big mistakes. I deleted a group once and it caused chaos on my team for three days while reps figured out whether they could reinstate it.
Not great for: Non-tech-savvy users.
- Survey interface is neat and Qualtrics allows complex survey designing.
- There is always a way, if not straightforward, then a roundabout way of getting things done in Qualtrics. That's what I really like about this interface.
- Their Customer service is great. One of the best and something to learn from. They tend to change the Account Manager every year, but I've only had good experiences with each one of them. They are very knowledgeable, experienced, and friendly.
- Need a select-one-answer-per-column question type. There's a roundabout way to do this, but if we implement the roundabout, we cannot make this question a "required" response
- There should be a way to copy formats (colors, fonts, etc.) from Word. Currently, copying these from Word can cause the survey look and feel to go completely haywire
- Qualtrics offers a wide range of question formats. This feature allows for uniquely styled questions that keep a students interest.
- Qualtrics is very useful for sending out surveys on a particular schedule at a good time to not overload our campus IT system. The reminder feature is great in that I can set up all four reminders for the entire survey when I set up the survey.
- I most value the immediate support when I run into a problem. A problem stops my work in its tracks. It is very important that I get the issue resolved quickly so I can get on with my work.
- The one feature I have found to be frustrating is the rank order question format. The way it gives the response still means I need to calculate the numbers for each response in order to see which ranked highest. I wish Qualtrics would give this information.
- Qualtrics has great support. Always quick to respond, and works to provide answers to resolve reported issues.
- Survey tools has many options, and allows for customization.
- Surveys are easy to create.
- The only issue I've encountered is that Qualtrics doesn't allow an organization to easily update template branding for the organization.
- A wide range of question formats that are very easy and intuitive to set up and use.
- Excellent technical support and support resources. It is hugely beneficial to be able to actually talk to someone by phone when needed, helping to resolve issues quickly.
- Extremely reliable with a rich set of features, not only for data collection, but for analysis and reporting as well.
- More flexibility and options for creating and testing email triggers. The editor is limited and the only way to test the triggers is to complete the survey each time you change something.
- Having an "undo" feature would be useful if you make a change to a question that you don't like.
- Provide a built in feature to be able to "toggle" additional text open and closed within a question. Sometimes optionally providing more information for respondents can be helpful. I currently use a java script to do this, but that can be unreliable if something changes in the platform. I had used such a script for a long time and then it just stopped working for an unknown reason. I found a new script that works, but who knows for how long.
- Qualtrics is great for designing complex surveys. For example, if you want your customers to register for a survey, you can automatically send them the survey link after they register or you can set an exact number of days to wait before sending the survey.
- Qualtrics is ideal for individuals who want to manage their consumer insights data in one location. You can manage the survey from start to finish on the same platform.
- The data analysis features in Qualtrics is incomparable to other software programs on the market. You can export your data, but you rarely need to because the reporting feature gives you 90% of what you need with the click of a few buttons.
- Qualtrics has been working to add more programs to its product line, but I am not sure yet how helpful the new lines are. It seems like they are trying to make it to where the entire company will use different platforms based on the type of feedback they need.
- The Qualtrics insights summit is a really great way to network with all different types of researchers. I just wish they would focus more on research and less on having big-name celebrities speak.
- Qualtrics support could use some work. It can be difficult to find help in the community. I almost always have to reach out to someone on the online chat or via email to get help.
- The Qualtrics tools allow the user to create surveys with a variety of response formats. Triggers for redirecting respondents to websites, email, additional surveys, etc.provide for clear definition in data collection.
- Phone support is consistently effective. Their guidance to solutions to issues related to logic or piping language reduce the time and stress of constructing a useful, efficient survey.
- Video tutorials to accompany the directions in the Help menu would be useful.
Qualtrics solved a lot of problems when it comes to report the results in professional way and break down the reports to separate departments easily.
Qualtrics saved a lot of working hours to do the automation in Excel and the email triggers helped us to have a fast response to our travelers in accurate manner.
- Create professional surveys.
- Do deep analysis with the data in a more user-friendly way than, for example, SPSS.
- More question types for videos.
- Better API integration with other platforms like Microsoft power BI.
- Construct the survey logic, allowing you to create cases and conditions as you need them.
- Suggest well known or commonly used scales for your questions.
- Reviewing the survey format in different kind of displays.
- Some specific reminders for assessing the correct score system. When it is the first time you use Qualtrics, it is not intuitive that you can give specific scores to each variable or measurements.
- Easy to use question formats
- Supports online surveys on multiple platforms with little need to tweak
- Easily generates test data
- Some items are buried under areas you don't expect - need a better way to see how things are organized upfront
- Need to have an automatic survey progress dashboard with basic metrics (e.g., complete, screened out, etc.)
- Matrix questions may be "unpopular" with survey takers but researchers using validated scales have no choice - should be able to get input on how to make them more readable
- Qualtrics is excellent for creating surveys to determine customer satisfaction
- Qualtrics helps provide quick analyses of survey results
- Qualtrics is good for creating event invitations and keeping track of RSVPs
- I work with a lot of graduate students who are temporary employees. When they graduate, I have to transfer ownership of all of the surveys they have created in order to add new collaborators.
- The survey platform is very user-friendly. The current survey that I am conducting is my first, but it has been easy to use the software.
- The webinars showing you how to use Qualtrics are very helpful.
- The look and feel of the survey is professional.
- Qualtrics has many great features that make it easier to collect and analyze data, including the options for distribution and creating reports.
- The support team could be quicker - it took 24 hours to get a reply by email.
- I didn't manage to include multiple, independent text boxes to one question to ease data analysis, such as this very example (three boxes that do not prescribe ranking when answering). I could only see this option for ranking.
- When changes are made to an email platform, one has to press save for those changes to apply to the email distributed. I missed this and sent out emails without the changes. I.e. perhaps state that somewhere, as I only thought of saving afterward, i.e. before I closed the window, but not before I distributed.
Qualtrics Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Qualtrics offers a survey platform for actionable customer, market, and employee insights.
The software allows companies to collect and analyze data, with the goal of gathering insights that drive better decision-making and better customer experiences. Use cases include market research, voice of the customer programs, or employee engagement.
Customers include Nike, Netflix, American Airlines, American Express, Marriott, Microsoft, GE, P&G, Nasdaq, Ferrari, Porsche, Tesla, Boeing, Royal Caribbean, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT. The vendor says the product offers its customers speed, power, agility, ease of use, and value.
Qualtrics is backed by three venture capital firms: Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Insight Venture Partners. The company has 3,000 employees, 10,000+ clients, and millions of users.
Qualtrics Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Qualtrics Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|