Qualtrics Reviews

Kristyn Cole | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2020

Qualtrics for Employee Retention

At Adecco, we use Qualtrics to conduct surveys and use the surveys in reports. Our company uses Qualtrics in a big way 2 times a year. We do a company survey on how working at Adecco is, culturally, pay, etc. The survey results are used so that the company can gauge where the associates are at mentally, and use it to make things better to retain more people.
  • Ease of use, email a link to everyone in the company.
  • Fast and immediate results.
  • Not free.
  • Sometimes glitchy on other platforms- cell phones, etc.
We use it a lot to review employee involvement, and giving feedback on the company. It works really well for this and gives us the ability to use the data to make changes in our organization to better suit associates and retain more of them. We mainly use Qualtrics for the surveys and the reports it generates.
Read Kristyn Cole's full review
Jared Hansen | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2020

Qualtrics will help manage your customer satisfaction!

Qualtrics was used by most professors in my department for data collection, especially as it pertained to surveys. Many of my classes and academic work involved designing a survey that would then be distributed via Qualtrics, which is the industry leader for easy, well-designed surveys. Data collection and analysis were simple, intuitive, and easily exported for other tools such as SPSS.
  • Data collection.
  • Data analysis.
  • Survey logic (more options).
  • Implementation with other tools (OSF).
Qualtrics is positioning itself to be the hub for "experience management," or the understanding and crafting of the experiences that customers have with products. Thus, Qualtrics excels at survey creation and collection, brand management, and product research to name a few scenarios. It is also useful for academics who are using surveys for other types of research, such as myself.
Read Jared Hansen's full review
Stephanie Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

Qualtrics use at a University

Qualtrics is being used by various departments and entities within my educational organization. The way my department implements Qualtrics varies from how others use it across the university system. For my department it addressed the problem of anonymous data collection with highly customizable interfaces and a variety of question types to appeal to a broad demographic. I am able to create surveys that are interesting to students while maintaining confidentiality. Qualtrics data analysis is quick and easy to understand.
  • Customizable question types.
  • Exporting data.
  • It can be hard to interpret readability results.
  • The mobile view (while editing from desktop) doesn't really look like the actual mobile view of a survey.
Qualtrics is well-suited to large-scale surveys involving multiple question types. Qualtrics can take the data from these different types of questions and analyze it quickly. Due to how many types of questions there are and ways to display them, it is not well-suited for surveys with a few simple questions or a small sample size.
Read Stephanie Brown's full review
Jenna Montgomery | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 09, 2019

For Detailed Surveys Choose Qualtrics

We use Qualtrics internally (to learn more about our employees) and externally (to learn more about our donors). It has been incorporated into our employee review process and is also used to gather feedback on policies within the company. Our marketing and fundraising department has incorporated the software in their campaigns to gather insights from our donors.
  • Building surveys is extremely intuitive; it's so easy to get started.
  • The analytics and reporting you can use from survey results is extensive, there are so many options.
  • Compared to other survey products, Qualtrics offers more flexibility and options to create questions so we can build our surveys exactly like we want them.
  • The amount of options to build questions can be overwhelming if you just want to use the product to create simple surveys.
  • It is a very powerful tool; sometimes I feel like there are analytics options that we are paying for but will never use.
  • I wish there were better options for exporting the reporting and analytics into formats that can be shared easily.
Compared to the survey tool that we have used (SurveyMonkey), Qualtrics stands out with its ability to create detailed and in-depth surveys. The variety of questions that can be created and how they can be responded to are numerous. It truly allows us to create a customized survey for any occasion.
Read Jenna Montgomery's full review
Jim Ritchie | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 08, 2019

Service could be better

In the period of time we had it, it was being used for customer feedback surveys to improve business.
  • Overall, the software works fine as it is.
  • Their customer service is awful. Nobody wants to talk to you and they will only converse over email.
  • They make it extremely difficult to cancel your subscription.
Qualtronics is well-suited for customer surveys.
Read Jim Ritchie's full review
January 18, 2020

Quick and Clean Surveys with Large Datasets

Qualtrics allowed us to characterize customer satisfaction of products efficiently and use that information to improve products to the end customer.
  • Survey distribution
  • Ease of use in creating survey
  • Surveys could be more organized.
  • Ability to make reports (scales on graphs) more customizable for bipolar scales.
Qualtrics is best suited for any environment that requires surveys to be created to assess a product, process, or service that is collecting a large dataset. It would be less suited for small datasets as the cost may outway the features.
January 18, 2020

Best tool on the market to gather data.

Qualtrics is being used between our HR and Customer Experience Department. I used it in our HR department for our annual employee experience survey and used the data to analyze what our employee needs are. It helped us seamlessly gather data and analyze it quickly.
  • Easy to Create Surveys
  • Easy to Gather data because of User Friendly UX
  • Customer Support need to reply in timely manner
I would highly recommend people to use Qualtrics as its very easy to use if you are looking to gather data on a big scale and want to understand how you can better use the data.
October 30, 2019

Quality Qualitative Queries

Qualtrics allows for the creation of surveys which are then analyzed for trends. Responses are transferred to SPSS, Excel, and other programs in order to further analyze data in order to make decisions in line with feedback from both internal and external stakeholders. Qualtrics allows for employees to edit surveys and edit how the responses are disseminated.
  • User-friendly.
  • Clear presentation of results.
  • Able to export to other programs.
  • Response increase mechanisms.
  • Question validation.
  • How surveys appear on user devices.
Qualtrics is well suited for creating in-house surveys that come across more professional than Google Forms or Survey Monkey. Qualtrics is seen by respondents as the gold standard for survey usage so respondents are more likely to reply and take their time to answer questions with a high degree of fidelity.
October 30, 2019

Good for gathering preference data

We use it to gather student feedback on course offerings or to gather instructor feedback on questions concerning department planning. I have also used it to gather feedback on pedagogy, especially for online courses. I would say I use it once every 2 months or so.
  • Fairly intuitive interface.
  • Robust distribution options.
  • Decent reporting tools.
  • More reporting options would be most helpful.
  • Improving the method of determining the logic of the questions and the overall survey flow would also be a big help.
  • An option to receive an alert when someone has taken the survey would be helpful.
I have found that Qualtrics is best for gathering data from large and dispersed groups of people. For example, we have used it to ask instructors and faculty about scheduling preferences. I have found it be somewhat less helpful for smaller groups, such as feedback from a single class. This is probably more about surveys in general than Qualtrics itself.
October 24, 2019

Qualtrics Review

We use Qualtrics across the organization in different ways. Our main use of it is customer and market research. We send surveys to our customers and prospects by using the Qualtrics email tool, through an automated Salesforce integration, by posting on social and embedding in our Marketo emails. However, we also use it for internal uses: internal surveys on a project and department effectiveness, employee preferences and to RSVP for events.
  • Easy to use with an intuitive design.
  • Extremely flexible - If you can dream it, you can likely do it.
  • A passionate and friendly community of users always willing to help.
  • The best-in-show for CX thought leadership.
  • XM directory needs more flexibility in how you manage how often to contact panelists.
  • XM directory could have more information on the contact level - When statuses were changed or add and the source.
  • It should be easier to get a 360 view of an individual respondent.
I've implemented Qualtrics three times - at a small business, medium business and large business. All three uses were different but all entirely appropriate. The nice thing is that Qualtrics lets you scale the functionality you need and how much use you expect, even offering a free level. I can't think of a situation in which Qualtrics would not be appropriate.
January 22, 2020

Great tool for administering surveys

We used Qualitrics to survey students within our academic program. It allowed us to collect data anonymously.
  • Clean user-interface
  • Multiple item structures (e.g. multiple choice, likert, sliding scale, etc.)
  • When reverse coding items, the default settings kept overriding what I was trying to enter, which was very frustrating and time-consuming, I had a lot of difficulties assigning the values I needed.
  • I couldn't figure out a way to copy/paste the values for multiple-choice items. This led to a LOT of extra work.
Qualtrics was well suited for survey administration.
Joshua Melder | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2019

A Best-In-Class Survey Tool That Offers Extensive Customization Potential

I work as part of a small-scale business team that provides process audits and recommendations to customers. We utilize Qualtrics for a variety of productivity uses - but primarily deliver client pre-work questionnaires, on-site follow-ups, and post-audit surveys. Qualtrics is one of many survey-based tools that our team has used to better our understanding for client engagements. Our team has enjoyed both the user-friendly interface and the flexibility of the platform to fit our own team standards and templates. Qualtrics offers an extensive array of customization tools while leveraging best-in-class features for the modern business. There are many administrative departments within our organization that utilize Qualtrics for business developmental services. Templates can be saved, copied, and edited by a variety of users in order to maximize efficiencies for completing surveys quickly.
  • There are both personal and shared libraries for individual users and business teams.
  • Extremely intuitive user-interface that familiarizes users with the platform quickly.
  • One can save results to a wide variety of formats (CSV, SPSS, and more) for further data management
  • Our team has encountered some difficulties embedding data into surveys.
  • From my experience, conditional logic could be a bit more streamlined and user-friendly. It encumbers some of our team from creating more complex surveys.
  • Dependent on the amount of data, reporting can sometimes feel a bit clunky.
Qualtrics is extremely well-suited for engaging with the wide user-base of your target platform. As a member of a team that provides on-site visits and 'discovery' engagements, Qualtrics helps our team come prepared for on-site visits. Furthermore, follow-up surveys enable our team to be nimble, ask the right questions, and submit additional surveys after our initial engagement. Qualtrics is a fantastic tool for engaging with both internal and external teams with the goal of understanding employee workflows, perceptions, and areas of growth. One can tailor surveys for a specific need and then share out to the client's preferred medium (desktop or mobile). This means that survey respondents will need to have both access and a small technological proficiency in order to successfully complete surveys - however, this is nearly a basic requirement for most administrative jobs today.
Read Joshua Melder's full review
Amy Pearce | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 19, 2019

Highly recommend Qualtrics for research and evaluation purposes.

Qualtrics is used currently only by the Research team, but it's a fantastic piece of technology for our team. It helps us with our complex research needs (quantitative research projects) and also more basic needs (stakeholder satisfaction surveys).
  • Can create complex surveys (with multiple types of logic to skip between questions, sort respondents into different groups and so on).
  • Can perform basic descriptive/comparative analysis and reporting (simple but effective graphs).
  • Good customer service response when you need help.
  • I haven't found a weakness yet (perhaps cost! But we prioritize it in our budget).
Suitable for large organizations who need to run large/complex surveys.
Read Amy Pearce's full review
Katharine Mason | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 09, 2018

Qualtrics is a great survey software

I do all the surveys for the university I work for. We have had Qualtrics available on campus for five years. I am a very heavy user of Qualtrics. I also teach other faculty and staff on campus how to use it by giving a 3-hour workshop each semester. Qualtrics is a great tool for researchers, especially for sending out surveys to large numbers of people. I have sent surveys to our entire campus community a few times, over 5,000 people with no problems. Rarely, I do encounter something that does not go right. The Qualtrics support has always been immediately available to me and they have always been able to help me find a solution. I highly recommend the product.
  • Qualtrics offers a wide range of question formats. This feature allows for uniquely styled questions that keep a students interest.
  • Qualtrics is very useful for sending out surveys on a particular schedule at a good time to not overload our campus IT system. The reminder feature is great in that I can set up all four reminders for the entire survey when I set up the survey.
  • I most value the immediate support when I run into a problem. A problem stops my work in its tracks. It is very important that I get the issue resolved quickly so I can get on with my work.
  • The one feature I have found to be frustrating is the rank order question format. The way it gives the response still means I need to calculate the numbers for each response in order to see which ranked highest. I wish Qualtrics would give this information.
Qualtrics is well suited for surveys that I can send out. The reminder function is great, I appreciate that a survey and all reminders can be programed all at once. That way I don't have to remember if I sent a reminder or not. I know it is taken care of. I have been told it is not so practical for instant surveys, like at a graduation ceremony where it is necessary to get the URL to an audience.
Read Katharine Mason's full review
Robert Muenchen | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 02, 2019

Powerful, But The Price May Double

Qualtrics is used for almost every type of survey across all the campuses of The University of Tennessee. The only exception to that is the 360-degree performance reviews, for which they charge an additional fee. Most of the surveys are for academic research, but we also do administrative ones such as student opinions, faculty senate voting, etc.
  • It has many features, about as many as QuestionPro, slightly more than SurveyGizmo, and *many* more than SurveyMonkey.
  • It's probably the fastest when logging into the design tool. Actually, taking surveys is fast in all the ones we've tried.
  • It has one unique feature: the ability to keep someone from moving forward in a survey until a certain amount of time passes. That's not needed very often but if you want to ensure that someone has really studied, say, an advertisement before answering, that'll do it.
  • It's complex, so it takes longer to master than, say, SurveyMonkey
  • I'd like to see the company treat their customers fairly. Their common approach is to sell it to you at a huge discount, then wait until it's obvious that changing vendors would be very expensive. Then they raise the price sharply, often doubling it. Then they try to pressure you into a multi-year contract. It sounds like a crazy way to treat customers, but we weren't the only one. Search these archives to see how many customers have complained that they got the same treatment: EDUCAUSE CIO Community Group Listserv and the EDUCAUSE IT Procurement and Supplier Management Community Group Listserv. Our team works with round 30 research software vendors and this is extremely rare behavior.
It's well suited to a wide range of survey tasks. Just be aware that whatever your price is now, it's likely to increase sharply in the future.
Read Robert Muenchen's full review
Patsy Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 07, 2018

Qualtrics Helps Us Succeed!

AU Campus Recreation uses Qualtrics to survey our members, our student users, and our student employees. It helps us gauge our successes and needs in allowing us to assess our unit and strategic plan goals, as well as in our student learning outcomes. I appreciate the ability to tie in our short and long term goals into surveys which allow for long term data collection. It really is a great service.
  • Qualtrics allows us to create surveys and generate the related reports without having to be survey or data experts.
  • Very user-friendly
  • The support staff is amazing. They take care of issues immediately and are eager to help you succeed.
  • I really can't think of any problems.
  • My experience has been positive.
Qualtrics is very well suited for any organization in which learning outcomes are monitored. It's a great way to stay on top of your data.
Read Patsy Davis's full review
Cheryl McKay | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 26, 2019

Stellar System

Qualtrics is used across our campus by faculty, staff, research assistants and student employees. We not only use this as a top-like survey tool, we often use this in place of using forms.
  • Easy to use and understand.
  • Full-blown suite of tools.
  • Best support in the industry!!!!
  • Sometimes, when changes are made to the interface, if you don't pay attention to the email updates, you may have a difficult time finding tools/sections and have to contact support.
We have not run across any scenarios for our intended use in which Qualtrics was not appropriate.
Read Cheryl McKay's full review
Sydni C. Warner | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 23, 2018

Qualtrics and it's Tricks

We are in a research lab and we use Quadratics to gather demographics and administer surveys in our research project. I don't think everyone in the School of Social Work uses Qualtics but it is very popular at the University of Michigan. Qualtrics addresses problems with incomplete data that you often get on paper surveys. Having an online survey where you can force people to answer before moving on allows for complete responses and therefore complete data.
  • I LOVE the required response feature. It makes sure all of our data is complete.
  • I think Qualtrics is super easy to use and very helpful with demonstrating skip logic.
  • Qualtrics also is SUPER user friendly and the staff on the phone are super helpful when you call and ask questions.
  • One thing that could be improved is more questions/ answers on the help page. I had a specific question pertaining to how to unpublish a survey and couldnt find the response online anywhere so I had to call.
Qualtrics works super well in research because it can again require subject fields to be filled. I cant think of a time where someone wouldn't use Qualtrics unless they aren't doing surveys.
Read Sydni C. Warner's full review
Jason Gray | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 12, 2018

Survey tool that meets any need

Qualtrics is used for different purposes. PhD students and faculty members use Qualtrics surveys for research purposes. Staff departments use Qualtrics to obtain data on student and potential student experiences while attending school events. MBA students often use Qualtrics within various courses to obtain data for projects.
  • Qualtrics has great support. Always quick to respond, and works to provide answers to resolve reported issues.
  • Survey tools has many options, and allows for customization.
  • Surveys are easy to create.
  • The only issue I've encountered is that Qualtrics doesn't allow an organization to easily update template branding for the organization.
Qualtrics appears to be well suited in many situations. Great tool for doing research, gathering participant data on experiences, and staff feedback.
Read Jason Gray's full review
Gary Dunmore | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2018

An Excellent Research Platform

We use Qualtrics as a platform to conduct survey-based research with households and businesses as part of client projects as well as to support other services we offer. We are a research and analysis consulting firm focused on the economics of broadband internet and related issues. Our analysis creates actionable intelligence for our clients.
  • A wide range of question formats that are very easy and intuitive to set up and use.
  • Excellent technical support and support resources. It is hugely beneficial to be able to actually talk to someone by phone when needed, helping to resolve issues quickly.
  • Extremely reliable with a rich set of features, not only for data collection, but for analysis and reporting as well.
  • More flexibility and options for creating and testing email triggers. The editor is limited and the only way to test the triggers is to complete the survey each time you change something.
  • Having an "undo" feature would be useful if you make a change to a question that you don't like.
  • Provide a built in feature to be able to "toggle" additional text open and closed within a question. Sometimes optionally providing more information for respondents can be helpful. I currently use a java script to do this, but that can be unreliable if something changes in the platform. I had used such a script for a long time and then it just stopped working for an unknown reason. I found a new script that works, but who knows for how long.
For standard data collection it is great. It is difficult to set up questions for scenario analysis using a selection of choice sets.
Read Gary Dunmore's full review
Emma Lazaroff | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 07, 2018

Qualtrics review from a Ph.D. student user

It is being used by the whole organization to conduct surveys for academic research purposes.
  • Qualtrics has excellent customer support that works you through each problem and provides instructions tailored to your survey, such as through customized videos, instead of sending you to a generic help page.
  • Qualtrics' survey flow is not intuitive. To skip to a custom end of survey, you need to skip to the end of a block.
It is well suited to academic research. It is useful, but not necessary for amateur surveys.
Read Emma Lazaroff's full review
Tam Woodrum | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2018

Dissertation Research w/ Qualtrics

I have used Qualtrics in the past as an employee of a research company. I am now using it to collect data for my dissertation.
  • Easy to use question formats
  • Supports online surveys on multiple platforms with little need to tweak
  • Easily generates test data
  • Some items are buried under areas you don't expect - need a better way to see how things are organized upfront
  • Need to have an automatic survey progress dashboard with basic metrics (e.g., complete, screened out, etc.)
  • Matrix questions may be "unpopular" with survey takers but researchers using validated scales have no choice - should be able to get input on how to make them more readable
Well suited for online surveys. Needs improvement with having more easy connections to recruitment alternatives, like Mechanical Turk, with more protections for preventing fraud and protecting anonymity, especially if paying respondents.
Read Tam Woodrum's full review
Dennis Junius | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2018

Qualtrics to reach global audience

We use Qualtrics to survey our global membership population on many different topics. We find the platform easy to use and they are always very helpful when I need to reach support. Their professional services have also been very helpful at doing custom work we asked them to perform for us.
  • Good support
  • Continually evolving
  • Reporting tools
  • Re-uploading data after data cleaning
  • Data cleaning w/in the program would be welcome
Great for surveys of populations like ours. We find their mail distribution could be a bit better for a more global population ... we'd like to see them be able to send out mail for different time zones rather than doing it manually on our end.
Read Dennis Junius's full review
January 26, 2019

Qualtrics: Flexible but flawed

We are using this tool within one department to serve the needs of the entire organization. It provides insight on customer experience, training evaluations, and health outcomes.
  • Flexible. Software is able to do lots of things ... but you have to trick it a lot of the time.
  • Powerful. Software is able to integrate with other tools well.
  • Product isn't always stable. Lots of spinning wheels. Slow at deleting data and downloading raw data. There are major areas of improvement in functionality, like data reports.
  • Non-intuitive. I feel great about Qualtrics now that I've been working with it for two years, but it was a steep learning curve for a lot of features.
  • Easy to make big mistakes. I deleted a group once and it caused chaos on my team for three days while reps figured out whether they could reinstate it.
Great for: organizations that create a lot of different types of surveys and want a flexible tool to do so.
Not great for: Non-tech-savvy users.
February 11, 2019

Great service, highly recommend

We are using Qualtrics to capture data responses from internal and external users of our services, products, and experiences.
  • great user interface
  • myriad of great features
  • great customer service
  • none
well suited: submitting applications

Survey templates (102)
Themes (102)
Custom logo/branding (100)
Changes to live survey (103)
Question design help (109)
Multiple question types (118)
Survey logic flexibility (118)
Response tracking (115)
Compliance (88)
Vendor-offered crowdsourcing (49)
Respondent restrictions (77)

About Qualtrics

Qualtrics offers a survey platform for actionable customer, market, and employee insights.

The software allows companies to collect and analyze data, with the goal of gathering insights that drive better decision-making and better customer experiences. Use cases include market research, voice of the customer programs, or employee engagement.

Customers include Nike, Netflix, American Airlines, American Express, Marriott, Microsoft, GE, P&G, Nasdaq, Ferrari, Porsche, Tesla, Boeing, Royal Caribbean, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT. The vendor says the product offers its customers speed, power, agility, ease of use, and value.

Qualtrics is backed by three venture capital firms: Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Insight Venture Partners. The company has 3,000 employees, 10,000+ clients, and millions of users.

Qualtrics Features