Reviews (1-25 of 144)
- Qualtrics offers a wide range of question formats. This feature allows for uniquely styled questions that keep a students interest.
- Qualtrics is very useful for sending out surveys on a particular schedule at a good time to not overload our campus IT system. The reminder feature is great in that I can set up all four reminders for the entire survey when I set up the survey.
- I most value the immediate support when I run into a problem. A problem stops my work in its tracks. It is very important that I get the issue resolved quickly so I can get on with my work.
- The one feature I have found to be frustrating is the rank order question format. The way it gives the response still means I need to calculate the numbers for each response in order to see which ranked highest. I wish Qualtrics would give this information.
- Qualtrics allows us to create surveys and generate the related reports without having to be survey or data experts.
- Very user-friendly
- The support staff is amazing. They take care of issues immediately and are eager to help you succeed.
- I really can't think of any problems.
- My experience has been positive.
- I LOVE the required response feature. It makes sure all of our data is complete.
- I think Qualtrics is super easy to use and very helpful with demonstrating skip logic.
- Qualtrics also is SUPER user friendly and the staff on the phone are super helpful when you call and ask questions.
- One thing that could be improved is more questions/ answers on the help page. I had a specific question pertaining to how to unpublish a survey and couldnt find the response online anywhere so I had to call.
- Qualtrics has great support. Always quick to respond, and works to provide answers to resolve reported issues.
- Survey tools has many options, and allows for customization.
- Surveys are easy to create.
- The only issue I've encountered is that Qualtrics doesn't allow an organization to easily update template branding for the organization.
- A wide range of question formats that are very easy and intuitive to set up and use.
- Excellent technical support and support resources. It is hugely beneficial to be able to actually talk to someone by phone when needed, helping to resolve issues quickly.
- Extremely reliable with a rich set of features, not only for data collection, but for analysis and reporting as well.
- More flexibility and options for creating and testing email triggers. The editor is limited and the only way to test the triggers is to complete the survey each time you change something.
- Having an "undo" feature would be useful if you make a change to a question that you don't like.
- Provide a built in feature to be able to "toggle" additional text open and closed within a question. Sometimes optionally providing more information for respondents can be helpful. I currently use a java script to do this, but that can be unreliable if something changes in the platform. I had used such a script for a long time and then it just stopped working for an unknown reason. I found a new script that works, but who knows for how long.
- The Qualtrics tools allow the user to create surveys with a variety of response formats. Triggers for redirecting respondents to websites, email, additional surveys, etc.provide for clear definition in data collection.
- Phone support is consistently effective. Their guidance to solutions to issues related to logic or piping language reduce the time and stress of constructing a useful, efficient survey.
- Video tutorials to accompany the directions in the Help menu would be useful.
Qualtrics solved a lot of problems when it comes to report the results in professional way and break down the reports to separate departments easily.
Qualtrics saved a lot of working hours to do the automation in Excel and the email triggers helped us to have a fast response to our travelers in accurate manner.
- Create professional surveys.
- Do deep analysis with the data in a more user-friendly way than, for example, SPSS.
- More question types for videos.
- Better API integration with other platforms like Microsoft power BI.
- Qualtrics has excellent customer support that works you through each problem and provides instructions tailored to your survey, such as through customized videos, instead of sending you to a generic help page.
- Qualtrics' survey flow is not intuitive. To skip to a custom end of survey, you need to skip to the end of a block.
- Easy to use question formats
- Supports online surveys on multiple platforms with little need to tweak
- Easily generates test data
- Some items are buried under areas you don't expect - need a better way to see how things are organized upfront
- Need to have an automatic survey progress dashboard with basic metrics (e.g., complete, screened out, etc.)
- Matrix questions may be "unpopular" with survey takers but researchers using validated scales have no choice - should be able to get input on how to make them more readable
- The automated email reminder system for collecting survey responses is their most time-saving feature.
- The report customization is fairly strong as well. Graphs are not quite as good as Excel/Pivottable, but they are still strong, and coupled with the overall ability to integrate them within a text report that converts easily to PDF is a real difference maker.
- It is a sophisticated and sometimes complex system. The 24 hour tech support is as crucial of a feature as any other. Without it, small companies could not use this system. With it, small companies can offer a very professional survey system.
- Online documentation has not kept up with feature updates and interface changes. You must use Tech Support a lot if you are doing anything slightly out of the mainstream.
- Tech Support often regularly ends calls on you when they don't have the answer with promises to email a solution at a later time. Later can sometimes mean numerous hours or even a day. Sometimes never. This seems to be to keep their call times down. Their TS reps don't have immediate access to Tier 2 support to get immediate answers.
- Employee Directly maintenance and Subject/Evaluator syncing/linkages are convoluted.
Less appropriate: this is an expensive solution per user. Smaller companies could not easily use regularly.
- Their platform is very straightforward and is easy to use in comparison to other platforms I have used on the market.
- They have advanced question types, like heat maps, that allow for feedback on packaging, messaging, and wireframes.
- Their site intercept product is a one and done implementation that helps save costs when a new survey needs to go up.
- Unclear error messages - it's hard to find, when you have made a mistake in coding, what an error message means.
- They were built for DIY researchers, if you are looking for help with the heavy lifting, you will need to find a vendor partner.
As a smaller fish, they are very attentive to our needs and responsive.
It can get difficult trying to find answers in their online help community; however, the chat function is useful.
- Qualtrics allows you to give visuals to the recipient in many different ways.
- It allows you to approach a question with another if recipient answers it approving or not.
- It also allows you to collect data in many different visual formats for the surveyor to present easily.
- When making a survey I found it hard to allow the recipient to only pick two from a group and instead had to leave the question unforced with particular directions to only pick top two of interest.
- My features did not include upload file in our package and could not collect data easily from our field with this added feature in place as it was not part of our initial package. I feel a tutorial on new features could be helpful to users if we want to add it our not instead of finding it is not possible while trying to close a project.
Surveys with anonymous outcomes are relevant to get quick fixes to current project needs are most appropriate.
Surveys with no target audience are not appropriate because your answered will be skewed.
- Survey interface is neat and Qualtrics allows complex survey designing.
- There is always a way, if not straightforward, then a roundabout way of getting things done in Qualtrics. That's what I really like about this interface.
- Their Customer service is great. One of the best and something to learn from. They tend to change the Account Manager every year, but I've only had good experiences with each one of them. They are very knowledgeable, experienced, and friendly.
- Need a select-one-answer-per-column question type. There's a roundabout way to do this, but if we implement the roundabout, we cannot make this question a "required" response
- There should be a way to copy formats (colors, fonts, etc.) from Word. Currently, copying these from Word can cause the survey look and feel to go completely haywire
- Qualtrics is great for designing complex surveys. For example, if you want your customers to register for a survey, you can automatically send them the survey link after they register or you can set an exact number of days to wait before sending the survey.
- Qualtrics is ideal for individuals who want to manage their consumer insights data in one location. You can manage the survey from start to finish on the same platform.
- The data analysis features in Qualtrics is incomparable to other software programs on the market. You can export your data, but you rarely need to because the reporting feature gives you 90% of what you need with the click of a few buttons.
- Qualtrics has been working to add more programs to its product line, but I am not sure yet how helpful the new lines are. It seems like they are trying to make it to where the entire company will use different platforms based on the type of feedback they need.
- The Qualtrics insights summit is a really great way to network with all different types of researchers. I just wish they would focus more on research and less on having big-name celebrities speak.
- Qualtrics support could use some work. It can be difficult to find help in the community. I almost always have to reach out to someone on the online chat or via email to get help.
- Construct the survey logic, allowing you to create cases and conditions as you need them.
- Suggest well known or commonly used scales for your questions.
- Reviewing the survey format in different kind of displays.
- Some specific reminders for assessing the correct score system. When it is the first time you use Qualtrics, it is not intuitive that you can give specific scores to each variable or measurements.
- Qualtrics is excellent for creating surveys to determine customer satisfaction
- Qualtrics helps provide quick analyses of survey results
- Qualtrics is good for creating event invitations and keeping track of RSVPs
- I work with a lot of graduate students who are temporary employees. When they graduate, I have to transfer ownership of all of the surveys they have created in order to add new collaborators.
- The survey platform is very user-friendly. The current survey that I am conducting is my first, but it has been easy to use the software.
- The webinars showing you how to use Qualtrics are very helpful.
- The look and feel of the survey is professional.
- Qualtrics has many great features that make it easier to collect and analyze data, including the options for distribution and creating reports.
- The support team could be quicker - it took 24 hours to get a reply by email.
- I didn't manage to include multiple, independent text boxes to one question to ease data analysis, such as this very example (three boxes that do not prescribe ranking when answering). I could only see this option for ranking.
- When changes are made to an email platform, one has to press save for those changes to apply to the email distributed. I missed this and sent out emails without the changes. I.e. perhaps state that somewhere, as I only thought of saving afterward, i.e. before I closed the window, but not before I distributed.
Qualtrics is used across my organization.
- Create Surveys. Many different types of questions are available.
- Tech Support. I believe it would be good for Qualtrics to have a dedicated tech support team that could take calls from clients and take technical questions.
- Unique Responses. For some surveys that use crowdsourced platforms like Amazon Mturk for collecting responses from the general population, we need unique respondents. That is because answering questions in one survey might bias responses in another survey. It would be great if Qualtrics can provide a way to prevent duplicate respondents from taking part. Of course, this algorithm might not be 100% full proof, but something that is advanced enough. At present, the "Prevent BallotBox Stuffing" feature in Qualtrics does not do a sufficiently good job. I still see a lot of duplicate IPs in my end results.
- Qualtrics is extremely intuitive and easy to use.
- The result dashboards are accessible for managers and provide an easy to use way to display data. They make it easy to slice and dice your data how you'd like it presented.
- The setup is completely customizable.
- If there was a way to change survey themes and update customizations like that by the end-user, it would be very beneficial. Right now, you must submit a request for a survey theme change.
- Qualtrics is a very user-friendly product to design and distribute surveys.
- Qualtrics reporting features make it very easy to deliver reports on survey data.
- Qualtrics customer support is excellent. As the university brand administrator, I have always received quick and accurate help.
- Qualtrics is always testing and improving the product. I have tested new functionality for their engineers and they are responsive and innovative.
- Easy to build the questionnaire as it has more than 20 question types to choose and easy steps to build survey logic. And if you have any questions, their support team will be there for you and is super helpful. You can just call them and they will help you.
- It can store the customer's detail/information very well so that you can use it to contact them if ever there's an issue or problem. Or you can choose to have it "Anonymous".
- You can build the report based on their responses in a real time manner.
- Vocalize Dashboard - the x and Y axis doesn't have a function to build intervals yet. It is not that crucial but still good to have when you are keen in doing dashboard that requires interval.
- Ability to Undo your work is also not applicable. Once you have done changes, it will be final which is a bit confusing specially if you are still in "editing" phase. So I suggest to do the changes that you are 100% sure that you are correct or else you will be doing a rework.
Qualtrics Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Qualtrics offers a survey platform for actionable customer, market, and employee insights.
The software allows companies to collect and analyze data, with the goal of gathering insights that drive better decision-making and better customer experiences. Use cases include market research, voice of the customer programs, or employee engagement.
Customers include Nike, Netflix, American Airlines, American Express, Marriott, Microsoft, GE, P&G, Nasdaq, Ferrari, Porsche, Tesla, Boeing, Royal Caribbean, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT. The vendor says the product offers its customers speed, power, agility, ease of use, and value.
Qualtrics is backed by three venture capital firms: Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Insight Venture Partners. The company has 1,000 employees, 8,500 clients, and millions of users.
Qualtrics Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Qualtrics Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|