Reviews (1-25 of 161)
- Customizable question types.
- Exporting data.
- It can be hard to interpret readability results.
- The mobile view (while editing from desktop) doesn't really look like the actual mobile view of a survey.
- Building surveys is extremely intuitive; it's so easy to get started.
- The analytics and reporting you can use from survey results is extensive, there are so many options.
- Compared to other survey products, Qualtrics offers more flexibility and options to create questions so we can build our surveys exactly like we want them.
- The amount of options to build questions can be overwhelming if you just want to use the product to create simple surveys.
- It is a very powerful tool; sometimes I feel like there are analytics options that we are paying for but will never use.
- I wish there were better options for exporting the reporting and analytics into formats that can be shared easily.
- Overall, the software works fine as it is.
- Their customer service is awful. Nobody wants to talk to you and they will only converse over email.
- They make it extremely difficult to cancel your subscription.
- Fairly intuitive interface.
- Robust distribution options.
- Decent reporting tools.
- More reporting options would be most helpful.
- Improving the method of determining the logic of the questions and the overall survey flow would also be a big help.
- An option to receive an alert when someone has taken the survey would be helpful.
- Easy to use with an intuitive design.
- Extremely flexible - If you can dream it, you can likely do it.
- A passionate and friendly community of users always willing to help.
- The best-in-show for CX thought leadership.
- XM directory needs more flexibility in how you manage how often to contact panelists.
- XM directory could have more information on the contact level - When statuses were changed or add and the source.
- It should be easier to get a 360 view of an individual respondent.
- Clean user-interface
- Multiple item structures (e.g. multiple choice, likert, sliding scale, etc.)
- When reverse coding items, the default settings kept overriding what I was trying to enter, which was very frustrating and time-consuming, I had a lot of difficulties assigning the values I needed.
- I couldn't figure out a way to copy/paste the values for multiple-choice items. This led to a LOT of extra work.
- There are both personal and shared libraries for individual users and business teams.
- Extremely intuitive user-interface that familiarizes users with the platform quickly.
- One can save results to a wide variety of formats (CSV, SPSS, and more) for further data management
- Our team has encountered some difficulties embedding data into surveys.
- From my experience, conditional logic could be a bit more streamlined and user-friendly. It encumbers some of our team from creating more complex surveys.
- Dependent on the amount of data, reporting can sometimes feel a bit clunky.
- Can create complex surveys (with multiple types of logic to skip between questions, sort respondents into different groups and so on).
- Can perform basic descriptive/comparative analysis and reporting (simple but effective graphs).
- Good customer service response when you need help.
- I haven't found a weakness yet (perhaps cost! But we prioritize it in our budget).
- Qualtrics offers a wide range of question formats. This feature allows for uniquely styled questions that keep a students interest.
- Qualtrics is very useful for sending out surveys on a particular schedule at a good time to not overload our campus IT system. The reminder feature is great in that I can set up all four reminders for the entire survey when I set up the survey.
- I most value the immediate support when I run into a problem. A problem stops my work in its tracks. It is very important that I get the issue resolved quickly so I can get on with my work.
- The one feature I have found to be frustrating is the rank order question format. The way it gives the response still means I need to calculate the numbers for each response in order to see which ranked highest. I wish Qualtrics would give this information.
- It has many features, about as many as QuestionPro, slightly more than SurveyGizmo, and *many* more than SurveyMonkey.
- It's probably the fastest when logging into the design tool. Actually, taking surveys is fast in all the ones we've tried.
- It has one unique feature: the ability to keep someone from moving forward in a survey until a certain amount of time passes. That's not needed very often but if you want to ensure that someone has really studied, say, an advertisement before answering, that'll do it.
- It's complex, so it takes longer to master than, say, SurveyMonkey
- I'd like to see the company treat their customers fairly. Their common approach is to sell it to you at a huge discount, then wait until it's obvious that changing vendors would be very expensive. Then they raise the price sharply, often doubling it. Then they try to pressure you into a multi-year contract. It sounds like a crazy way to treat customers, but we weren't the only one. Search these archives to see how many customers have complained that they got the same treatment: EDUCAUSE CIO Community Group Listserv and the EDUCAUSE IT Procurement and Supplier Management Community Group Listserv. Our team works with round 30 research software vendors and this is extremely rare behavior.
- Qualtrics allows us to create surveys and generate the related reports without having to be survey or data experts.
- Very user-friendly
- The support staff is amazing. They take care of issues immediately and are eager to help you succeed.
- I really can't think of any problems.
- My experience has been positive.
- Easy to use and understand.
- Full-blown suite of tools.
- Best support in the industry!!!!
- Sometimes, when changes are made to the interface, if you don't pay attention to the email updates, you may have a difficult time finding tools/sections and have to contact support.
- I LOVE the required response feature. It makes sure all of our data is complete.
- I think Qualtrics is super easy to use and very helpful with demonstrating skip logic.
- Qualtrics also is SUPER user friendly and the staff on the phone are super helpful when you call and ask questions.
- One thing that could be improved is more questions/ answers on the help page. I had a specific question pertaining to how to unpublish a survey and couldnt find the response online anywhere so I had to call.
- Qualtrics has great support. Always quick to respond, and works to provide answers to resolve reported issues.
- Survey tools has many options, and allows for customization.
- Surveys are easy to create.
- The only issue I've encountered is that Qualtrics doesn't allow an organization to easily update template branding for the organization.
- A wide range of question formats that are very easy and intuitive to set up and use.
- Excellent technical support and support resources. It is hugely beneficial to be able to actually talk to someone by phone when needed, helping to resolve issues quickly.
- Extremely reliable with a rich set of features, not only for data collection, but for analysis and reporting as well.
- More flexibility and options for creating and testing email triggers. The editor is limited and the only way to test the triggers is to complete the survey each time you change something.
- Having an "undo" feature would be useful if you make a change to a question that you don't like.
- Provide a built in feature to be able to "toggle" additional text open and closed within a question. Sometimes optionally providing more information for respondents can be helpful. I currently use a java script to do this, but that can be unreliable if something changes in the platform. I had used such a script for a long time and then it just stopped working for an unknown reason. I found a new script that works, but who knows for how long.
- Qualtrics has excellent customer support that works you through each problem and provides instructions tailored to your survey, such as through customized videos, instead of sending you to a generic help page.
- Qualtrics' survey flow is not intuitive. To skip to a custom end of survey, you need to skip to the end of a block.
- Easy to use question formats
- Supports online surveys on multiple platforms with little need to tweak
- Easily generates test data
- Some items are buried under areas you don't expect - need a better way to see how things are organized upfront
- Need to have an automatic survey progress dashboard with basic metrics (e.g., complete, screened out, etc.)
- Matrix questions may be "unpopular" with survey takers but researchers using validated scales have no choice - should be able to get input on how to make them more readable
- Flexible. Software is able to do lots of things ... but you have to trick it a lot of the time.
- Powerful. Software is able to integrate with other tools well.
- Product isn't always stable. Lots of spinning wheels. Slow at deleting data and downloading raw data. There are major areas of improvement in functionality, like data reports.
- Non-intuitive. I feel great about Qualtrics now that I've been working with it for two years, but it was a steep learning curve for a lot of features.
- Easy to make big mistakes. I deleted a group once and it caused chaos on my team for three days while reps figured out whether they could reinstate it.
Not great for: Non-tech-savvy users.
Qualtrics Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Qualtrics offers a survey platform for actionable customer, market, and employee insights.
The software allows companies to collect and analyze data, with the goal of gathering insights that drive better decision-making and better customer experiences. Use cases include market research, voice of the customer programs, or employee engagement.
Customers include Nike, Netflix, American Airlines, American Express, Marriott, Microsoft, GE, P&G, Nasdaq, Ferrari, Porsche, Tesla, Boeing, Royal Caribbean, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT. The vendor says the product offers its customers speed, power, agility, ease of use, and value.
Qualtrics is backed by three venture capital firms: Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Insight Venture Partners. The company has 3,000 employees, 10,000+ clients, and millions of users.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Qualtrics Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Qualtrics Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|