e-Builder, works for me.
November 20, 2018
e-Builder, works for me.
Executive Coordinator / Accountant
Total Systems Commissioning (TSCx)Construction, 1-10 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with e-Builder
We use E-builder as a means of managing projects with the state. It is a great tool for updates on submittals, communications, and submitting invoices for processing as well as submitting updated documents to keep an organization in compliance.I will caution, it does take a little bit of training/instruction to get used to its layout.
- Easy organization once it is set up in the system correctly.
- On time notifications of updates or changes.
- Fast submission of invoices for processing. Usually notifies the appropriate personnel shortly after I submit it. Payment is prompt.
- The layout of the site. It can be overwhelming the first time you encounter it. Needs to be a little less cluttered, a little more appealing.
- Helps us manage specific projects well, and we have seen payment of our submitted invoices being processed faster than other clients. We are quite happy.
We didn't select e-Builder, it was selected by our customer. It was their preferred method to keep items secure and be able to communicate with various contractors across great distances. It seems to work for all of us as a good gateway for sharing information in a safe, organized manner.
e-Builder Feature Ratings
Plan distribution & viewing
Plan markups & sharing
Issue tracking & punchlists
Collaboration & approvals
We have e-Builder support via email or phone that assists us with any issue we may encounter while using the software.
- Project Management
- Accounts Payable (Submitting invoices for payment)
- Daily updates on projects from other contractors working on their portion of the big project.
Evaluating e-Builder and Competitors
- Third-party Reviews
One of our biggest customers uses e-builder to manage their major projects. It works to keep communications organized among several sub-contractors, gives notifications of updates to documents and submissions, and provides a clean, secure platform for sharing documents and submitting invoices for processing.
1. Set up the time to get training on the sytem before you go all in.
2. Listen, ask questions and actually practice using the tools and features while in class. It helps tremendously with becoming comfortable and remembering how things work.
3. Don't be afraid to mess up. They are helpful and will help resolve your issue in a timely manner
- Third-party professional services
State Finance Commission. Their in-house personnel and connections with E-builder technical support team and implementation team.
- Finding the time to sit down, listen and go over the functions and capabilities of the system with all those who were to use the system.
- Getting over the first time jitters of possibly tearing up the software. But that went away after the first time I made what I considered to be a huge error. They fixed it for me without much issue and i was offered one on one training to help me become way more familiar and get a better sense of how things operated in the program.
Again, because our technical support is great. He doesn't always answer the phone but he definitely responds to emails fairly quickly. In addition, I like that he actually resolves an issue and I have yet to encounter the same issue twice. Actually, I haven't encountered many issues at all in the two years I have used the software.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - Our support (not sure if it is premium or not) is A+ and we don't pay for it. I guess our customer must pay for it. But we have great support since we can email him our issues and he is a expert in resolving the issues we have encountered.
Yes - It was resolved later on that day. It took our technical support specialist a little time to contact a few levels up. Simply red tap and following protocol but he kept me well informed while he was working his magic.
Simple, because have a used it for the past two years, so i'm very familiar with the particular aspects of its program that I need to accomplish my tasks.
Requires technical support
Lots to learn
- Invoices, submitting documents for uploading to various projects, organization, searching for items. (once you have had the pleasure of obtaining training for its usage)
- As I stated before, it can be very intimating when you first look at it. Too much on the screen and not sure where to start from. Many functions have other functions under it and the wording can be misguided or confusing. Definitely not one that you can sign in and take off running with it.
- This system requires proper training to get a person familiar with its look, function and logic. Once you obtain that, it can be a huge benefit to you. But again, training by a GOOD trainer (someone that is calm and uses clear communication and visuals) will make this program seem easy.