Overall Satisfaction with Episerver Digital Commerce
As a client partner, we look for best of breed solutions for our clients to solve their business needs. We use and recommend Episerver Commerce to any client that is looking for a solution including content management and commerce. Having a single, unified platform to work with not only eliminates the data silos that often exist between commerce and marketing but allow for a more personalized and contextualized experience which drives order volume and increase customer retention.
- It integrates extremely well. It is very uncommon in today's digital ecosystem that e-commerce platforms stand alone. Most of them are ERPs, PIMs, CRMs, MAPs, etc., that power them. Episerver is built to allow for this level of integration and it makes the experience for the customer seamless.
- It's pluggable. Unique to Episerver is the ability to tack on their other SaaS products with ease. If you want to add AI, you simply plug it in and it simply works.
- It's fast. WIth eCommerce, speed is of the utmost importance. If the site is slow, users will abandon.
- APIs - Their APIs are improving and if you are utilizing Epierver FIND, it's like a dream to work with. If you are aren't, there is definitely some room for improvement under the hood.
- Commerce Manager - this is a legacy part of the product that is constantly being phased out (which is great). When it is gone, there will be a lot of happy folks :).
- Developer documentation. As with any platform, this is an area that is continually being improved.
Having one platform is a game changer when it comes to personalizing and contextualizing the customer experience. You can personalize what customers see on non-commerce pages based on what types of products that have purchased. This makes digital marketing even more powerful than ever before. Sharing a single editor experience saves organizations with cross training and upgrades. Overall, after using a single platform, I can't imagine trying to run two of them anymore.
During the evaluation, Episerver was by far the most flexible as far as features and implementation go. Some of the more SaaS-based products don't allow for the level of customization needed for our clients, clientele. While the other platform boasted similar features, they left our team feeling a little empty-handed. Meaning they demoed well but did not seem to implement as seamlessly as shown in the demos.
At least in my opinion, if you are looking for a .NET eCommerce platform that works on-prem or in a PaaS model, Episerver is the only platform on the market that performs well in those scenarios. If you are a mom and pop shop that is selling 10 t-shirts online, there are certainly more cost effective solutions on the market to handle that business need.